FIFA 14

KeeperDee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem! Based on our games on Fifa 13 I imagine you'll be quite good at the new game. ;)

I see what you mean about the long range shooting now, I rattled in two goals from about 30 yards with Motta in my first game! Enjoying the gameplay so far though. Jeff Stelling is a good addition too.

Just finished first game. Pretty nice overall. Definitely see the advantages of the new change creation as scored my only goal by playing a beautiful defence splitting ball to Messi into the box. This just wouldn't have happened before.

Downside I found was defenders are now too quick or attackers are too slow. I admit the over reliance on pace needed to be tweaked but in the match I played Neymar started running with the ball, about ten yards ahead and Jallet sprinted back to him in a flash. Sorry just wouldn't happen.

Played my first game and absolutely despised it - I was ready to cancel my pre-order.

It will take a lot of getting used to if, like me, you only ever played the faster paced UT on 13. It's growing on me with each passing game though.

Played my first game and absolutely despised it - I was ready to cancel my pre-order.

It will take a lot of getting used to if, like me, you only ever played the faster paced UT on 13. It's growing on me with each passing game though.

There's the option on the demo to play a game of FUT as well.

PC Demo downloaded in around 3 minutes. Excellent.

I put it on download just after 3pm and I'm at 61% :lol: though that is owing to it being on Xbox and my connection being absolutely fucking shite in Berwick. Can't wait to be back in Newcastle. Strangely, my last couple of downloads on Xbox have got to 80% then completed, so hoping this is the same and I'll maybe even get a shot of it tonight.

The finesse shots are overpowered, and the AI still doesn't give away fouls. Though the referee seems more lenient.

I don't know why but that annoys me. I'd rather the AI were intelligent enough to try halt a counter with a tactical foul or whatever. You barely get the chance to hit a free-kick etc playing against computer usually.

Played a few games, don't like it at all. Can't understand how they're saying this rewards passing football. I always play it around the midfield and try to make space but in this every players first touch is so heavy you lose it so easily, and the only goals I've been able to score are sweaty cutbacks. Autoswitch still happens when I turn it off as well, which has pissed me off for the last 3 years. Looks like I'll be sticking by my decision not to buy it this year, at least until it's under £20.

I always find the demo to be very different to the game upon release and I hope it's the same this year. The players all seem very immobile and, as has been mentioned above, their touches are all dreadful. The players' AI for attacking runs is better, though.

I agree with this - but usually I tend to find the demos are better than the full game as they seem a bit more free flowing, tend to be faster and are a bit more unpredictable in terms of ball dropping etc.

This time out though, it's not that way. I can't say I'm a massive fan. I'd agree with most points stated so far. Scoring from corners is ridiculously easy, as is scoring from anywhere between 20-30 yards provided you get a couple of yards space and it's on the stronger foot. There are unrealistic levels of swerve on most shots, too. I had to go play another game just before writing this cause I realised I hadn't even tried a finesse shot - there seems no need cause scoring with a normal strike seems easy enough. Perhaps predictably, I scored with my first one to the 'keepers near post.

I don't know how to describe the gameplay. It seems to make pacey counters a slog. Another bug bear for me is that now when i'm jogging with the ball, I can't take a big touch in front of me by flicking the right analogue stick - instead it performs a skill move. As someone that likes to slow it down and find space by drawing in a defender and knocking it past them by flicking the stick, that'll take a bit of getting used to.

I thought there was a big deal made of how the crowd was coming to life? It looks fucking shite, is it not implicated in the demo or have I misinterpreted it or something?

There are some redeeming features. It seems like it'd be decent to play with a mate, passing is rewarded as long as you get used to the fucking awful first touches of world class players. Potential is there, it's been Beta'd up to the tits and they'll be getting feedback from that which will likely improve it, but I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by it at the minute.

Thought the demo was awful tbh. Seemed far too arcadey and unrealistic looking. The players looked like they were running on ice, the players touches were poor and the animation of them passing the ball seemed off.

They seem to have taken the speed of the game away on the basis that some people complained that it was too fast and pace too important.

I think that's the worst mistake they could have made. FIFA has been a better game than PES for years but for me it wasn't until FIFA 13 that the game actually had that fun factor that PES in its glory days had. A big part of that was that you could play the game however you saw fit, with end to end games or passing battles.

The problem with a lot of FIFA fans is that they care far too much how the opposition player is playing, and complain about it and then EA remove a lot of the enjoyment out the game to appease these people, who inevitably will find something else to moan about this year anyway.

Be interesting to see how many of you whinging about it being shite go out and buy it anyway. If you dont like it dont buy it, thats the only way they'll change it back.

I'll still buy it :)

:(:bairn :bairn

Archived