The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played on broadwood 10yr ago for supporters team and still gives me shivers....

At the time I would have been around 26/27 yo and generally thought I wos fit till I was chasin shadows and billy reid n dave mckinnon who were double my waist band but easily double my ability with both mentioned probably not needing a shower at FT either...

Well done to all who took part I feel your pain

I've played on it a couple of times, it was nae bother 8)

Getting back on topic (slightly) I see that we're about to announce another couple of friendlies. I pray for the day where we field a team of shite trialists who nobody's ever heard of, to get this thread back on track. Then CK will - as always - log in and reveal their identities to the world. The number 6 was Jay Lang and the imposing centre back was Clairefontaine academy graduate (and newly released Whitstable Town player) Djimi Obambo, our new cult-hero. Then what will follow is the usual 10 pages of absolute nonsense and hyperbole about the ability of these players, and the resultant clamour to get them signed up.

I miss those days :(

Remember how good Jay Lang was when he came on against PTFC?

The best one ever was when we took a team of trialists and U19 players up to Dunfermline under Billy Reid to play against a really good team (Crawford etc) and only a last minute equaliser saw us leave without the win. Most of that team then proceeded to never play again for Clyde.

Paul Frize of Glasgow Perthshire is actually a good wee player. Hamilton were watching him last season - I know this because I was invited along to a Clydebank vs Perthshire game with one of their scouts :lol: Diminutive, goal-grabbing midfielder apparently

Edit: I didn't actually go. f**k that. This is just what I heard from the guy

Archived