The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking increasingly likely Kieran Mac will be off in January. Just stumbled upon a tweet of his from a few minutes ago saying 'big day tomorrow' with the football symbol n what not next to it. Could of course be something different but he's also refusing to tell anyone who is asking. Looks like he could win a deal elsewhere tomorrow. Damn.

Our wingers on either flank, Stuart McColm and Scott Ferguson, were away training with your lot last week.  Both of them are still under contract - Fergie for another 2 years - so Dunfermline are probably just wanting a quick look at this stage.  Trying to groom them no doubt Posted Image

It's one of the tactics Jim Duffy uses to attract players to the club - the promise of using his contacts to find them full-time football elsewhere if they do well

Are they any good?

Looking increasingly likely Kieran Mac will be off in January. Just stumbled upon a tweet of his from a few minutes ago saying 'big day tomorrow' with the football symbol n what not next to it. Could of course be something different but he's also refusing to tell anyone who is asking. Looks like he could win a deal elsewhere tomorrow. Damn.

He was definitely training with Dundee last week, he's probably been invited back on trial now

Are they any good?

Fergie burst onto the first team scene pre-season and he's kept his place pretty much ever since. At 17 he's an outstanding talent - the best I've seen at the club at that age since Craig Bryson...the ball just seems to stick to his feet and he's also scored a couple of goals already. Stuart McColm on the other hand causes a split right down the middle of the support - he's a very direct, pacy winger who can deliver a wicked left footed cross. I think he's a definite asset to the team, but others will say that he's inconsistent (to say the least). I think he's about 24 as well, so a bit older too.

Our supposed interest of MacDonald has made the papers today. How is he? Any good? Able to slot into our first team at LM?

Easily, and he will stand out, he is a real class act with huge potential, really hope he stays with us until the summer, if not i would hope we get a fair fee, which is based on his ability and not the division he is playing in.

Duffy's Dundee link is what probably tipped us off. Since he's been with you lot, he's essentially been an unofficial scout for us actively helping us bring in Gallagher (Who is a class act by the way!) and along with Farningham obviously helping us secure Martin Boyle ahead of Aberdeen.

Keiran has a lot of potential but I agree with DW he needs some work at left back if that's where he'll be played. Defensively he was better last year but he's a great attaching option from left back. Great left foot on him. Would be disappointed if we lost him before the season finishes, would be surprised but delighted if he was with us next season.

Matt Lockwood is 37 now, but has been one of our standout performers at LB this season. Ryan Conroy is highly regarded by everyone but Dundee fans at LM. So it'd be anyone's guess as to where he'd be deployed.

Archived