The Clyde FC Summer Transfer Spectacular

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd as this May seem I think we are in a position to reject anything below 40-50k. We could be on the verge of clearing the debt, and getting out of this division is important. Reject anything less than 50k plus ten per cent.

if it is mcdonald his contract runs out in May ? would the compensation be as much as 40k if he signed a pre contact in january ? think only fergusson and barclay are the only players not able to signed up longer than may 2104 (might be wrong ) dont think the club would turn down 30k for a player considering the financial mess we are in ,you can always put in sell clauses

• 2 weeks later...

I feel it is time I came to terms with the fact that John Sweeney is better than Stephen Thomson, Paul Currie, and all of those who have faced his wrath.

In other news I'm hearing Clyde are in for a couple of strikers to help bolster their position and increase their strike-rate seeing as they have the joint worse goals scored in the division. Craig O'Reilly is currently being lined up by Jim Duffy, who is a long-time admirer. More seriously though, I'm hearing report Scott Valziel, a young striker at VL of Leithen is being eyed up. Good prospect. Doesn't kiss the net often but offers a lot in terms of approach play, and has been eyed up by numerous League One sides

Was Brian Gilmour any good for Clyde? He's just signed for Ayr until January.

He was only with us for about half a season if I remember correctly, but yeah, he was a very good wee player. Lovely technique and he played well 'in the hole' just behind the strikers for us. It's probably been at least 5 years since he played for Clyde though, so I'm not sure how he's came on since then

What is this?

Our wingers on either flank, Stuart McColm and Scott Ferguson, were away training with your lot last week. Both of them are still under contract - Fergie for another 2 years - so Dunfermline are probably just wanting a quick look at this stage. Trying to groom them no doubt wave_smiley.gif

It's one of the tactics Jim Duffy uses to attract players to the club - the promise of using his contacts to find them full-time football elsewhere if they do well

Archived