Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

Incredible thread this.

https://twitter.com/CFC_Anon/status/1333896663199584258?s=20

For anyone who doesn't know the context - this guy apparently works in Celtic's data/analysis department and set up an account to discredit a Celtic fan who was pointing out that the data showed Celtic were going to be terrible back in August. He subsequently posted sensitive proprietary info about Celtic's players. He's now offering fans calling for Lennon to be sacked a square go in Stepford Place.

Edited by G51

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's fine Kinardine.

Aye and you an English teacher?

Anyway.  My substantive point remains:  This is the LOL@Celtic thread so take your SYLT shite elsewhere.  What next?  An arid discourse on the coefficient and how it hampers Scottish clubs domestically?

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye and you an English teacher?

Anyway.  My substantive point remains:  This is the LOL@Celtic thread so take your SYLT shite elsewhere.  What next?  An arid discourse on the coefficient and how it hampers Scottish clubs domestically?

You got me.

A tiny typo in a name, then calling my argument 'shite' without offering any reasoning.

You're struggling.  Thank God you picked a football team with huge advantages.

9 hours ago, HibsFan said:

They can bleat on as much as they want and tie themselves in knots trying to justify why they support Celtic/Rangers, I personally don't care one bit and I can't tell them who to support.

Where I draw the line is the same fans then turning around and laughing at smaller clubs' relative lack of success, because:

A) The fact they all refuse to support the smaller clubs because they don't win enough for their liking has hindered Scottish football for decades

and B) I could decide tomorrow I now in fact support Celtic and join them in the laughter at the 40 'diddy' clubs. It would be just hollow as f**k.

This is basically it. Nobody is banning them from their choices, no matter how much protest there is on this thread.

But if a Hibs/Hearts supporter from Edinburgh takes the piss out of me for Aberdeen being shite, I can take that in the jest it's meant and laugh about it. If a Celtic fan from Aberdeen does it, they'll be met with an 'ok mate' and me walking away.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's the Thistle and St Mirren fans I have great respect for, Celtic and Rangers on their doorstep yet choose to see the light.

Don't do yourself down, you've got a top flight side that is out bodying Celtic just down the road and yet you've stayed faithful to ICT. Credit to you.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't do yourself down, you've got a top flight side that is out bodying Celtic just down the road and yet you've stayed faithful to ICT. Credit to you.

I'd genuinely rather have Aids than support Ross County.

10 hours ago, MS RR said:

I can't stand old firm fans from anywhere other than Glasgow. They can justify the reasons they support either one of the bigot brothers all they want but everyone who is a proper football fan (anyone who supports any team other than Sevco and Sceptic) know that they're just glory hunters. 

I'm just glad you proper football fans are here to remind us of this. Otherwise, we'd let all our glory get to our heads.

I suspect the glory hunter element is a little over-exaggerated, on a sort of "chicken and egg" self-fulfilling prophecy basis, driven by the media coverage. As Hannibal Lecter said, "We begin by coveting what we see every day", so it's no surprise that in the absence of any other factors kids choose one of the teams that's never off the TV. There'll be peer pressure too, especially in a segregated school system, but I don't think  bairns are glory hunting per se. It's just a pure happy coincidence that the c***s win almost everything.

11 hours ago, G51 said:

Incredible thread this.

For anyone who doesn't know the context - this guy apparently works in Celtic's data/analysis department and set up an account to discredit a Celtic fan who was pointing out that the data showed Celtic were going to be terrible back in August. He subsequently posted sensitive proprietary info about Celtic's players. He's now offering fans calling for Lennon to be sacked a square go in Stepford Place.

Interesting choice of venue as well. Is it a BarL v Fleeto encounter?

The Cranhill lads are the Aberdeen of Glasgow street gangs. A long way from their glory days in the 80s.

11 hours ago, G51 said:

Incredible thread this.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour,imagine offering people a square go and not picking Ruel St as the venue.

33 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I suspect the glory hunter element is a little over-exaggerated, on a sort of "chicken and egg" self-fulfilling prophecy basis, driven by the media coverage. As Hannibal Lecter said, "We begin by coveting what we see every day", so it's no surprise that in the absence of any other factors kids choose one of the teams that's never off the TV. There'll be peer pressure too, especially in a segregated school system, but I don't think  bairns are glory hunting per se. It's just a pure happy coincidence that the c***s win almost everything.

No its purely that the old firm win almost always, so glory hunters follow. It always amazes me that loads of Edinburgh locals support the old firm. There is no good reason for them to support a team in another city when they have two good clubs on their doorstep. 

5 minutes ago, MS RR said:

No its purely that the old firm win almost always, so glory hunters follow. It always amazes me that loads of Edinburgh locals support the old firm. There is no good reason for them to support a team in another city when they have two good clubs on their doorstep. 

There are three SPFL teams in Edinburgh. Don't try and excuse those glory hunting Jambos and Hibees when they should be supporting Edinburgh City.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

People born and bred in Edinburgh who support Hibs or Hearts are supporting their local, hometown club.

See, attitudes like this are why wee teams like Edinburgh City can't progress through the leagues. There are loads of folk who live closer to Meadowbank yet they're jumping on their fancy trams to go to Tynecastle instead.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I feel like this topic is worthy of it's own thread as it so often seems to clog up every other thread. Although, I am reluctant to start it.

That's fair, we should be using this thread for it's intended purpose.

Time to bring back a classic of the genre: Leigh Griffiths being asked about his thoughts on whether the Earth is round.

https://twitter.com/GarryCarmody/status/1020649896498561025?s=20