Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Legal highs are the fucking tits btw.

I'm a regular smoker and have been for years but I tried this legal stuff at my mate's house about a year ago and it fecked me up big time. It kinda looked a bit like weed and I took a bong of the stuff, the high came in waves each one more powerful than the last. For 10 minutes or so I was trying to piece together a contingency plan, could I crash at my mate's house? should I get a taxi home? Should I just leave now to avoid potential embarrassment?

After around 20 minutes it wore off and I wasn't in a hurry to experience that feeling again. However, I can understand why folk would be into taking that stuff.

Edited by 50/50 Winner

Same - Tried synthetic 'blue cheese' once from a pipe. Didn't enjoy it at all.

I suppose if you took it regularly then you'd get used to the high but I'm guessing that with regular use it will take increasingly higher doses to create the high you're after. I think I'll just stick to the real green.

As much as I'd like it to be legal for obvious reasons, I'm genuinely interested in stuff like the strain, the differences between them and stuff like the THC content or whatever. I'm lucky enough if I get the name half the time.

I think it's all the same nowdays, and the folk that tell you it's this strain or that strain are talking utter bollocks.

I've had it from various sources and told its this or that strain, but it usually always smells and tastes the same.

These c***s punting it it £12.50 a gram need their door kicked in and their stash stolen as well.

How fucking much? It was 20 a half Q in my day.

I think it's all the same nowdays, and the folk that tell you it's this strain or that strain are talking utter bollocks.

I've had it from various sources and told its this or that strain, but it usually always smells and tastes the same.

These c***s punting it it £12.50 a gram need their door kicked in and their stash stolen as well.

It's obviously all down to who you go to. I have a few guys and I've been given a bunch of different names, and there are differences in the taste and the kinds of high. I'd just like to know a bit more information about what I'm smoking.

£10 a gram is the norm in Glasgow which I think is fair. I'd be iffy about paying more than that unless it was particularly special.

Last time I bought coke it was pretty cheap but it was definitely lined with something. Normally get MDMA for around £30 a gram.

Seems like it's pretty easily accessed anyways going by this thread so why care if it's legal or not?

Missing the point massively. I can't speak for everyone but I don't want weed legal to make it more accessible. You're right, anyone could probably manage to get a hold of a bit if they really wanted but they don't know what they're getting, nor are they sure of how much they're getting. I'd rather pay a licensed shop £20 for 2 gram of stuff I know will be good over paying some guy in his house £20 for ~1.5 gram of weed that's quite possibly shite (a lot of arseholes spraying the stuff these days with some sort of strawberry flavouring and calling it strawberry haze = c***s). Tax on that can go to helping councils/government/whatever you like, currently the government makes no money and the wee guy sitting on the dole coins it in.

Making it legal would also mean people aren't criminalised.

Legal.

People should be able to do what they want to their bodies without the threat of being put in jail.

If junkies are daft enough to take crystal meth or heroin and die in their 30s then that is up to them.

Why are we spending large amounts of public money to stop and rehabilitate them?

I don't want to pay for that.

It's worse than just spraying it with a strawberry essence, there's been a lot reported of glass being crushed down into a fine powder mixed with water and sprayed onto the weed, to both add weight and look like THC crystals.

Absolute mentalists. Spray it with water to make it heavier if you must be a c**t about it but spraying crushed up glass is just not fucking cricket.