East Fife 7-0 Burntisland Shipyard

Scott Mercer (5 mins)
Jamie Insall (25 mins)
Paul McManus (30 mins)
Paul McManus (39 mins)
Kevin O'Hara (56 mins)
Kevin O'Hara (68 mins)
Paul McManus (83 mins)

George Goode ie club physio played as a trialist.

He was played as a central striker and against Burntisland , looked OK  Had but missed 1 or 2 chances.

Only 3 subs on bench , Wilkie, Lamont , and George.

Luckily no apparent injuries from last night .Was surprised to see Pat Slattery playing with no obvious injuries.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Gary and Jamie on being chosen as the best manager and player in the entire history of League One ...

...for September!!!

Well deserved lads!!!
IMG_1476445772.681694.jpg.ac3ca37b8c4ac4

A word of genuine thanks to the travelling fans who stood to applaud the life of our oldest fan, who clicked the big turnstile in the sky this week. A polite silence would have been appreciated but to a man, woman and child you all chose to respect a fellow fan. You are a credit to your club and town. 

If the club (and by that I mean the club, not the "owners") can benefit financially from this then I understand the decision. I can only assume it's the pitch at Bayview itself that's getting replaced which is a real shame, easily one of the best in Scotland thanks to the ground staff.

Best pitch in Scotland, they have the awards to prove it, why are they ripping it up when they have all that land behind the park that they don't even use is beyond me???

Unfortunately the club does not own "all that land " behind the park .The club majority shareholder , Neil Rankine , does.. The club owns 30 metres beyond the perimeter wall.

The 3G pitch will indeed be positioned on the current pitch and will be available to the community for 365 days of the year..

I agree that Bayview is 1 of the best pitches , if not the best , in the SFL.  . Currently it is used  1 day every fortnight.

With the club leasing the playing pitch to Fifers for The Community ,the community at large will benefit from the new playing surface..

At todays meeting at Bayview . it was announced that the pitch has a shelf life of 5 years.

I feel that ALL fans should get behind Fifers for The Community as the onus will be on that organisation to  encourage all interested parties to use the facilities and generate enough income to replace the pitch within 5 years

The days of 500 to 600 fans turning up every 2 weeks to support their local team and expect that their income will keep the club solvent, whilst attracting the best players available within the clubs budget are long gone.

The easiest thing in the world is to criticize.