The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Good round ups. You're not really sticking your neck out as far as predictions go though Jordan - Raith and Ayr to challenge for the title, everyone else mid-table.:lol:

To be fair, I think it is a very even league with nothing between the majority of the sides. The remainder of the transfer window will probably dictate who gets the remaining spots in the top 4, I suspect. 

Greg Hurst signs on loan until January. Saints are billing this as a development loan but I thought you had to be eligible for the Development League to be able to go on a development loan. I understood the cut-off for this season's Development League to be 01.01.98 but Hurst is 1997-born.

Can @Skyline Drifter offer any clarity here?

32 minutes ago, Radford said:

Greg Hurst signs on loan until January. Saints are billing this as a development loan but I thought you had to be eligible for the Development League to be able to go on a development loan. I understood the cut-off for this season's Development League to be 01.01.98 but Hurst is 1997-born.

Can @Skyline Drifter offer any clarity here?

Development loans have been extended this season to cover all players designated as u23 players which means not 23 on 1st January when the season begins. So born on or after 1st January 1994.

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:

Lovely guy but not a football manager in any way shape or form hahaha

he was part of the hearts coaching team under Laszlo before he got the East Fife gig out the blue to us supporters by our recent takeover that season, like Billy Brown he has never been a manager before and his recruitment if he was one was poor. Results are part of parcel of football business his winning record of a manager tells you we won two or three out of 16 under his time at Bayview cutting about with the squad he had that contained of Buchanan aswell but with airdrie heavily trusting their youths this coming season it may work out for him that route and helping out as it says via website, Good luck.

he was part of the hearts coaching team under Laszlo before he got the East Fife gig out the blue to us supporters by our recent takeover that season, like Billy Brown he has never been a manager before and his recruitment if he was one was poor. Results are part of parcel of football business his winning record of a manager tells you we won two or three out of 16 under his time at Bayview cutting about with the squad he had that contained of Buchanan aswell but with airdrie heavily trusting their youths this coming season it may work out for him that route and helping out as it says via website, Good luck.

Sort of last throw of the dice for us,I think

2 hours ago, Benitez said:

We are going down. 

Simple as that. 

:lol:

What's that based on?

Not saying it's out of the question in what should be a tight league but look at the prediction threads. I don't think anyone has us in the bottom 2.

Edited by Gordon EF