The East Fife Thread

Airdrie it was.

With regard to Page, last season he did not have a pre-season due to his injury the season before. Personally I thought he was always trying to catch up with his fitness , which did tell on his performances.

He has still a year on his contract and I would prefer if he just knuckled down , withdrew his transfer request and got on with playing.

A fully fit Pagey is important to the team.

Completely agree with this, a fit and motivated Page is an asset for any side!!!

Hope this is what he does, but it is noticeable that Darren has bought another centre half in Dunlop!!!

If Page is unhappy at club and we got a good fee for him It would be best for everyone that he leaves imo! He's been a great servant to the club and the money could be used to bring in a half decent striker but I find it highly unlikely we will get a good offer for him but you never know. We've made some decent signings and fingers crossed we get some more quality players in to push for a play off place at the right end of the table. Tough season ahead, Airdrie and Arbroath are splashing the cash and I expect Raith to challenge again.

Anymore rumours of any players signing?? Squad looks ok the now needs some characters in it for me

Derek Lyle spotted in Base tonight, in Leven's North Street, taking advantage of the "Second Base Menu", surely not coincidence!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Derek Lyle spotted in Base tonight, in Leven's North Street, taking advantage of the "Second Base Menu", surely not coincidence!!!

Heard a rumour the deal's almost done. All that needs to be sorted out is how many Infiniti Tan vouchers are written in to his contract.

9 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Need to hear some signing news either Tomorrow or over the weekend not many experienced keepers left about to push Brett for the number spot plus really need a striker if true that Duggan is away

I would imagine we need more than "a" striker, only got Kevin Smith who I wouldn't call an out and out striker. Got to have competition for places and contingencies for injuries not just at striker level but throughout the whole team. Don't really want a bench like last year where we had the manager, a goalkeeper and a couple of others.

At the moment though, there are quite a few other teams in the same boat so there is time and some good players still available. Don't know about other supporters in general but I am getting a bit fed up with the player merry-go-round in the lower leagues with players moving on to other clubs in the same league after a years contract. Don't like turning up every other week to see familiar faces in the opposition ranks who  I was supporting the season or two before.

19 hours ago, colin H said:

Dumbarton for me will win the league
2 Airdrie
3 Raith or Arbroath
4 East Fife

19 hours ago, east fife for life said:

We've barely got a team together emoji23.png

^^^I'd add that for us as well, we have five signed players!

If we win the league I will purchase an East Fife top with Docherty 3 (assuming that's what number Sparky is) on the back of it.

Cut & Paste

Squad for Match Day (Minus 44)
Long
Kane, Dunlop, Page, Linton
Slattery, Davidson, Docherty, Agnew
Smith, ???

Subs: Young???

Maybe some news today???