The East Fife Thread

So, either Raith or Arbroath will finish 3rd, but whichever club doesn't finish 3rd won't even finish 4th?

After throwing away third you wouldn't deserve fourth, obviously!!!

Three Friendlies arranged so far...

IMG_3570.thumb.jpg.12d607aca3ae32c3757ec73695ac19ff.jpg

Can't remember how many we had last year but I assume we will be only going with three preseason matches given how ludicrously early the League Cup starts nowadays???

We need at least 2 more strikers. On the times I saw Kev last season he doesn't seem to have the legs he once used to, and him playing up front isn't something I've seen for a fair while. To reiterate what someone said a few pages ago, lets go absolutely fucking MENTAL this season and play with 2 strikers. Mon.

15 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Let's hope we play 2 up top! Lumping long balls up to a lone striker with no support won't bring the crowds back. In Darren we trust

As much as I say 2 up top I really mean getting support to the strikers whoever that may be. The past 4 years we've been playing one up front for the majority and that's fine if you have a midfield behind him supporting the lone striker, but too often particularly Duggan has been left completely isolated. We either need another body next to our striker, or a midfield 3 of a 4-2-3-1 that can get up and down the park to support the lone man.

It's clear to see from all on here that KK's squad updates daily the attacking side to our squad ranks definitely needs added to, hopefully we get the right kind of quality in as last season we heavily relied on Smith coming back from injury and Duggan to bring us goals but Spence is a good shout.

WE seem to have amassed quite a few left sided defenders

Meggatt is not just useful at Left-Back, he can also play left side of a centre-half pairing, with Dunlop signed as a right sided centre-half, could it signal the end of Pagey's time with us or perhaps just a signal to him to shape up???

I'd rather think though that he'll play at LB and Linton perhaps used further up!!!

Another player that puts in a shift pretty obvious to see that DY is adding guys that have a bit of bite
I’m not worried at this point about Pagey

Good signing and as I said earlier it means we're not as reliant on Pagey as we once were, we now have suitable cover, but I would still rather Pagey got his head sorted and realised that even if he wants to leave he is still contracted to us for the next season so the only way to keep himself in the shop window is to play regularly and the only way he is going to play regularly is by getting himself fit and ready for the next season!!!
We now have adequate cover at the back, even more if Dunsmore re-signs, so we don't HAVE to play him, whereas last season we did!!!
A fully fit and functioning Pagey is still a tremendous asset for us!!!

6 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Luke Watt's been released by 'Well. Would take him back for sure.

I believe he is looking to remain full-time and that we're hoping to sign him if he can't get himself a full-time deal. Good chance he'll be in a diamond again next season IMO