The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Tom Hagen said:

2 replies from the unofficial cheerleaders, 1 saying Rankine is a silent owner who takes nothing from the club & another who says the board are in full control of the running of the club & no input from Rankine.

EMBARRASSING!

So the board were in full control of the sale of land when Rankine, the man who takes nothing, decided he’d purchase the land for the price he wanted ? Wouldn’t it have made sense to offer the sale of the land to the highest bidder instead of the only bidder?

Haha so both saying the same thing then.

see instead of hiding behind a name on the internet, why don’t you get involved? Help the board with ideas on how to push the club on?

Other teams have owners who put money in to help push the club on. We don’t have that, can only use the budget the BOD give and they are doing a very good job to provide a competive budget and keep the club in the black.

Thats the main thing for a club or our size, no point going he’ll for leather and then being absolutely screwed afterwards.

One day we will be able to buy the club off rankine but until then have do work within the clubs means.

And to comment on the land sale would be stupid as who owns the club, oh the guy that sold the land to himself, no point moaning at the board when they have no say in that.

Money to sort out the financial troubles will have come from that sale and will probably have been the only money put into the club by the owner. 

And to comment on the land sale would be stupid as who owns the club, oh the guy that sold the land to himself, no point moaning at the board when they have no say in that.

You were the 1 who said Rankine is silent & has nothing to do with the club yet he’s stripped the club of assets for a nominal fee & you have the audacity to say give us ideas on how to move forward & the stupidity to say we were outbidded for certain players & wage demands were too high.
Does it never occur to you that the land was far more valuable on the open market thus helping the club meet wage demands for better players & in turn ‘move the club forward’

Some people seem to be belittling the fact that we have a striker from the East of Scotland League. Did we not get Craig Johnstone and Nathan Austin(Fash) from local amateur leagues and who would turn Fash away now.!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Tom Hagen said:

You were the 1 who said Rankine is silent & has nothing to do with the club yet he’s stripped the club of assets for a nominal fee & you have the audacity to say give us ideas on how to move forward & the stupidity to say we were outbidded for certain players & wage demands were too high.
Does it never occur to you that the land was far more valuable on the open market thus helping the club meet wage demands for better players & in turn ‘move the club forward’

Does it occur to you that the BOD don’t own the club. 

The club was on its knees and rankine did his worst to save it.

you can’t make the owners do something they don’t want to do. 

And if it was sold for £1m I don’t think the extra cash would have been seen by the club. 

Apart from this one instance they don’t put or take anything into the club at all

Some people seem to be belittling the fact that we have a striker from the East of Scotland League. Did we not get Craig Johnstone and Nathan Austin(Fash) from local amateur leagues and who would turn Fash away now.!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen anybody belittling his signing but I do agree that it is a risky signing as were Fash and Craig when the both signed!!!
As were also Jordan Austin and Kyle Wilson, where are they now???
Signing anybody from non-League sides is always a chancy move, it'll either work or it won't and if you put your mind to it I'm sure you could name more who failed to make the step up than those who succeeded!!!

Does it occur to you that the BOD don’t own the club. 
The club was on its knees and rankine did his worst to save it.
you can’t make the owners do something they don’t want to do. 
And if it was sold for £1m I don’t think the extra cash would have been seen by the club. 
Apart from this one instance they don’t put or take anything into the club at all

I don’t think you realise how contradicting your last few posts are.

Haven't seen anybody belittling his signing but I do agree that it is a risky signing as were Fash and Craig when the both signed!!!
As were also Jordan Austin and Kyle Wilson, where are they now???
Signing anybody from non-League sides is always a chancy move, it'll either work or it won't and if you put your mind to it I'm sure you could name more who failed to make the step up than those who succeeded!!!

Totally agree, what some fans might not know is Naysmith was in talks to punt Fash to Eastvale before he scored 4 goals v Elgin , the rest as they say is history

4 minutes ago, Tom Hagen said:

I don’t think you realise how contradicting your last few posts are.

Right this is how I meant it.

RANKINE takes £0 each season and puts in £0 each season and our budgets aren’t affected by him in the slightest. 

One season yes he moved ownership of the land from his company east fife, to himself and paid a reduced fee for doing so (saving the club). Him being the owner of the club can do so as he is the majority owner. 

I very very very much agree to the fact that I want him out our club as the taking and giving £0 isn’t in our best interests. The only way we can push in a close season like this is our board dipping into their pockets and us fans finding ways to make more money available.

He had 9 offers on the table to choose from yes.
local wise it made most sense (his words) for us or Alloa. Wasn’t about money as he was going to work with his dad again and was about enjoying his football, and ultimately going back for a chance in the championship 

Yes I’m sure he would’ve enjoyed his football going to a new club and still car sharing with his good friend Jason Thomson too, who I also believe you were after. [emoji6]

Not as straight forward as a 2 team shoot out for him like you make out.

2 hours ago, Tom Hagen said:

Totally agree, what some fans might not know is Naysmith was in talks to punt Fash to Eastvale before he scored 4 goals v Elgin , the rest as they say is history

You don't half post some shite mate....

Yes I’m sure he would’ve enjoyed his football going to a new club and still car sharing with his good friend Jason Thomson too, who I also believe you were after. [emoji6]

Not as straight forward as a 2 team shoot out for him like you make out.

Thomson hasn’t signed at that point. Rather have Dunsmore than him but he’s a very good signing tbh

Thomson hasn’t signed at that point. Rather have Dunsmore than him but he’s a very good signing tbh

Fair enough. But personally think there’s some black and gold blinkers on there.

Best RB in league by a mile last year I thought.

Fair enough. But personally think there’s some black and gold blinkers on there.

Best RB in league by a mile last year I thought.

I would say the Alloa right back was best in the league. Taggart?
But aye he’s very good pal no denying it, just feel Dunsmore has a good career ahead and will push himself to get back up there. Just my opinion

But aye he’s very good pal no denying it, just feel Dunsmore has a good career ahead and will push himself to get back up there. Just my opinion

Nope, I agree with 1310Lichtie, I think Dunsmore is the best in the League as well!!!

(I'm sure he means division, not the whole League)

You don't half post some shite mate....

I wondered when the younger ones were stumbling around with contradicting posts when the blazer brigade would come in.
A fans representative on the board coming on a forum to reply to a post on Fash but failed to reply to anything about Neil Rankine.
Stephen if you think my story about Fash is shite then go and ask Dougie.

Sunshine Fifer, apologies for your migraine but when the club has been stripped of money/assets & you get puppets offering excuses for failed transfer dealings then it doesn’t sit with me. I’ve watched the majority of games for decades, have you?

Actually. He was very good too.

Squad for Match Day (Minus 6)

IMG_3833.jpg.1e1f1d6d01666247599353099a7e4d64.jpg

Subs:

Chris Kane, Mark Docherty, Pat Slattery, Scott Linton, Darren Young???, Anton Dowd, Chris McDowell, Scott McBride

Time for Darren to unveil this 20+ goals a season hitman that he's hiding from us!!!