The East Fife Thread

We ain't kicked a ball in a competitive game yet and most fans are complaining about players who have been signed. I'd assume that young and his team have watched there new signings for a while and think they will fit in to the type of team they want to play albeit unattractive but if it works then I don't care tbh but when you have fans complaining about the players we have got in when they ain't saw them play much or as playing together in our squad. Everyone knows we need an out and out striker but instead of belittling them and criticising us can't you do something unheard of by actually cheering us and encourage us which might make us play better or raise levels rather than boo them and lower morale

On 06/07/2018 at 06:52, crawfordsbarmyarmy said:

Mcbookie has the odds on our league as so:

Dumbarton 15/8
Raith 15/8
Airdrie 7/1
Arbroath 8/1
Brechin 12/1
Stranraer 14/1
East Fife 20/1
Forfar 25/1
Montrose 33/1
Stenhousemuir 40/1

Having seen Forfar a couple of times in pre season and looking at their squad , very generous odds indeed, a wee wager on them is looking good , they were streets ahead of Stranraer in the friendlies Ayr played against both teams recently 

Well it is true. McBride played 6 games last season, we have signed another Goodfellow by the sounds of things and Agnew is nowhere near the level of Robinson! Agnew cant run apartently 

So long and Agnew are pish before a competitive game has even been played? Happening quicker every season

Well, a week to go!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 7)

IMG_3833.jpg.1e1f1d6d01666247599353099a7e4d64.jpg

Subs:

Chris Kane, Mark Docherty, Pat Slattery, Scott Linton, Darren Young???, Anton Dowd, Chris. McDowell, Scott McBride

Three new guys signed and actually in the positions we required, whether of the quality we were hoping for has still to be proved, still need a guaranteed 20 goal a season experienced hitman IMO, so expect the signing of Paul McManus or Harry Kinnear imminently!!!

Personally I don't think McBride is a bad signing! I can't comment too much on the other signings as I don't know too much about them but it's always a risk signing players from non league and players who struggled for game time at their former clubs! We just have to trust Darren and get behind the team from the off when the season starts! We would all love to sign higher calibre players but what can you do if the funds are not available? Good luck and fingers crossed the players gel and we can have a good season [emoji460]

I think there will be at least one more signing before we hit the loan market and remember the rules for that have all changed!!!
Are we not allowed just two or something like that until December, but you're allowed a "loan" keeper anytime???

I think there will be at least one more signing before we hit the loan market and remember the rules for that have all changed!!!
Are we not allowed just two or something like that until December, but you're allowed a "loan" keeper anytime???
Emergency Loans are gone. Up to 4 loans at any one time (think a maximum of 2 from same club, only 1 if club is in your division?) Bottom 2 leagues the window closes end of September until new year. Only exception is for a goalkeeper, but I think that needs a medical certificate. Cross-border/International loans don't have any limitations iirc.

You seem to have an insight of the club plans and ambition  we are lucky at East Fife to have someone with so much knowledge 

Maybe yourself or someone else can tell us the clubs ambition?
This happy to be in Lge1 with the chance of grabbing 4th attitude isn’t cutting it with fans as is evident in falling attendances.
As long as we have Neil Rankine dictating budgets & strangling the life out the club then the club is going nowhere.
Christ we’ve got a manager in charge who didn’t even apply for the job !

So maybe you can tell us the clubs ambition or even if they have a 5/10 year plan.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A lot of people will know and speak to Spence. That’s how I had been told about the interest from all they clubs.

Maybe, just maybe, he was keeping his options open to everyone and keeping everyone on board from all the teams that were interested in him so he has options in the future?

But maybe that’s just a wild suggestion.. emoji51.png

He had 9 offers on the table to choose from yes.

local wise it made most sense (his words) for us or Alloa. Wasn’t about money as he was going to work with his dad again and was about enjoying his football, and ultimately going back for a chance in the championship 

19 minutes ago, Tom Hagen said:

This happy to be in Lge1 with the chance of grabbing 4th attitude isn’t cutting it with fans as is evident in falling attendances.
As long as we have Neil Rankine dictating budgets & strangling the life out the club then the club is going nowhere.

So maybe you can tell us the clubs ambition or even if they have a 5/10 year plan.

Neil Rankine certainly doesn’t have anything to say about the clubs budget. Him/Twigg/Johnson have no say or take no part in running the club. 

Totally silent owners who put nothing or take nothing from the club. Many questions have to be asked as to why they are bothering to own us at all. 

Our current board are doing wonders to scrimp and save every penny to keep us in the black and to provide a healthy budget to the squad.

I would have thought that someone who claims to know our budget for the season would know what the club’s ambitions are???

I’m assuming you were unable to attend the open day where you could have asked all of these questions and aren’t just some anonymous face who will only criticise behind a keyboard....

At the open day you would have heard the Chairman tell everyone that his target this year is, as alway, to win the league.

As for who’s pulling the strings, you can ask any of the current board members, as I have, who will tell you that the board have full control over the running of the club with absolutely no input from the majority shareholders.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:
2 hours ago, colin H said:
Paul McManus is past it now Kevin McHattie would be better signing

I'm pretty sure Mchattie is a full back

Mchattie is a left back, and not a good one. 

It looks like the team is picking itself now, Agnew only missing because he was getting married today!!!
How many trialists were present today and did anybody recognise them???

I would have thought that someone who claims to know our budget for the season would know what the club’s ambitions are???

I’m assuming you were unable to attend the open day where you could have asked all of these questions and aren’t just some anonymous face who will only criticise behind a keyboard....

At the open day you would have heard the Chairman tell everyone that his target this year is, as alway, to win the league.

As for who’s pulling the strings, you can ask any of the current board members, as I have, who will tell you that the board have full control over the running of the club with absolutely no input from the majority shareholders.

2 replies from the unofficial cheerleaders, 1 saying Rankine is a silent owner who takes nothing from the club & another who says the board are in full control of the running of the club & no input from Rankine.

EMBARRASSING!

So the board were in full control of the sale of land when Rankine, the man who takes nothing, decided he’d purchase the land for the price he wanted ? Wouldn’t it have made sense to offer the sale of the land to the highest bidder instead of the only bidder?

Only trialist was Kyle I think his name is Bell. Poor game  Slattery and Kane came on and thankfully we started to look a bit better. Team needs time to settle into a lot of new players finding their feet. However I do hope the centre of defence Improves