The East Fife Thread

4-1 win against lochee today. Kev Smith with 2, court and watt both with 1. Starting team was; Long, Dunsmore, Dunlop, Watson (Kane), Meggatt, Thomson, Davidson (Trialist), Watt, Mcbride (Slattery), Smith, Court.

Were you at the game Ewan???
I noticed we only made 4 substitutions and that Darren was one of them, did we only have 4 subs stripped???
Just trying to find out if the manager playing was just a making up the numbers type thing or if he IS going to be an option coming of the bench this season!!!
Also anybody any idea who the trialist was that came on???

Were you at the game Ewan???
I noticed we only made 4 substitutions and that Darren was one of them, did we only have 4 subs stripped???
Just trying to find out if the manager playing was just a making up the numbers type thing or if he IS going to be an option coming of the bench this season!!!
Also anybody any idea who the trialist was that came on???

Kyle Bell will have been the trialist that came on for Davidson

Kyle Bell will have been the trialist that came on for Davidson

Kyle Bell???
As in "from the Rovers" Kyle Bell???

Fash was close to going back to Eastvale tho! Let's be honest, Fash was gash when he arrived but obviously worked hard and earned FT football and fair play to him

That’s the difference between good manager who’s played at a good level and shite manager that’s knocked about scotland his whole career. Naysmith had the ability to bring fash on and develop his game, give him decent advice and pass on knowledge from the top level. Where as with boys like Wilson and mutch and probably dowds now aswell, they won’t have had that available to them young looks like he’s still learning the game himself and his career was hardly top level.

20 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Right this is how I meant it.

RANKINE takes £0 each season and puts in £0 each season and our budgets aren’t affected by him in the slightest. 

One season yes he moved ownership of the land from his company east fife, to himself and paid a reduced fee for doing so (saving the club). Him being the owner of the club can do so as he is the majority owner. 

I very very very much agree to the fact that I want him out our club as the taking and giving £0 isn’t in our best interests. The only way we can push in a close season like this is our board dipping into their pockets and us fans finding ways to make more money available.

Its this sort of business model that puts clubs in the shit. Scottish football needs to move away from directors propping up clubs with cash and be self sufficient. What happens when that director fucks off? You need to find someone else willing to pile money into a black hole. If the club spends what it takes in then it can forever operate without that pressure.

Its this sort of business model that puts clubs in the shit. Scottish football needs to move away from directors propping up clubs with cash and be self sufficient. What happens when that director fucks off? You need to find someone else willing to pile money into a black hole. If the club spends what it takes in then it can forever operate without that pressure.

Totally agree and while we've got you here can you update us on Rankine's shady shareholding at your Club???

5 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Totally agree and while we've got you here can you update us on Rankine's shady shareholding at your Club???

Neil Rankine owns nothing at Dumbarton as far as I'm aware. He's still owed some money from selling the club from.our owners, Brabco, I believe.

Neil Rankine owns nothing at Dumbarton as far as I'm aware. He's still owed some money from selling the club from.our owners, Brabco, I believe.

He's probably kept that debt as shares, probably in another relations name, check your Share Directiry at Companies House and look out for Rankine's, Twigg's and Johnstone's!!![emoji6]

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

He's probably kept that debt as shares, probably in another relations name, check your Share Directiry at Companies House and look out for Rankine's, Twigg's and Johnstone's!!!emoji6.png

He hasn't. He was taking Brabco to court over his unpaid debt. He wants his money. He might actaully be the guy to save our club from Brabco, funnily enough.

20 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

That’s the difference between good manager who’s played at a good level and shite manager that’s knocked about scotland his whole career. Naysmith had the ability to bring fash on and develop his game, give him decent advice and pass on knowledge from the top level. Where as with boys like Wilson and mutch and probably dowds now aswell, they won’t have had that available to them young looks like he’s still learning the game himself and his career was hardly top level.

I thought Fash really stepped up when Riorden had his cameo at Bayview.  As already been mentioned, the 4 goals at Elgin

Maybe he picked some things up from him in training, maybe it was coincidence and hard work was paying off at the right time.  Our ability to attract a player with that pedigree (whether you rated him in the black and gold or not)  was down to Naysmith though.

Also Fash had a fair amount of game time (played as a striker), something Mutch and Wilson never got.

I thought Fash really stepped up when Riorden had his cameo at Bayview.  As already been mentioned, the 4 goals at Elgin
Maybe he picked some things up from him in training, maybe it was coincidence and hard work was paying off at the right time.  Our ability to attract a player with that pedigree (whether you rated him in the black and gold or not)  was down to Naysmith though.
Also Fash had a fair amount of game time (played as a striker), something Mutch and Wilson never got.

Duggan was injured for the majority of that season and it was more that GN was forced to play Fash IIRC!!!
Luckily for us and for him he rose to the challenge!!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 5)
IMG_3833.jpg.1e1f1d6d01666247599353099a7e4d64.jpg
 Subs:
Chris Kane, Mark Docherty, Pat Slattery, Scott Linton, Darren Young???, Anton Dowd, Chris McDowell, Scott McBride

Only 5 more sleeps!!!