The East Fife Thread

17 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Is it just me but watching the game tonight and see Craig Watson playing in the Championship with Airdrie.A few years ago he was playing with us, a good player but not first team pick .

How far have we fallen ? Darren Young was able to recruit some class players, Watson, Agnew , Meggat , Davidson , Dowds, Murdoch etc . Look at us now ,on the same budget. We are miles off it- the Board to blame?

This forum also reflects the lack of interest in our club. Once active and vibrant now feels dead and dull- like our club?

I was thinking the same mate. Even looking at other clubs like Montrose, Arbroath, Stirling etc have all improved whilst we've went backwards. Fair enough we've focused on young players and setup but there's still a lack of quality on the park. 

19 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Is it just me but watching the game tonight and see Craig Watson playing in the Championship with Airdrie.A few years ago he was playing with us, a good player but not first team pick .

How far have we fallen ? Darren Young was able to recruit some class players, Watson, Agnew , Meggat , Davidson , Dowds, Murdoch etc . Look at us now ,on the same budget. We are miles off it- the Board to blame?

This forum also reflects the lack of interest in our club. Once active and vibrant now feels dead and dull- like our club?

Not a chance in hell your budget is the same as it was when Young was there. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not a chance in hell your budget is the same as it was when Young was there. 

Don’t understand that.

We Have no money from our shareholders or Directors( nobodies fault) . We have to fund from a break even position from club operations and fan support. So budget must be in same ball park?

anyway good win today - phew!!!

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Don’t understand that.

We Have no money from our shareholders or Directors( nobodies fault) . We have to fund from a break even position from club operations and fan support. So budget must be in same ball park?

anyway good win today - phew!!!

Darren Young was in charge in League 1, so bigger prize money and some larger away supports than you get in League 2 would give him a larger budget. 

Budget surely lower now than Darren Young had. League 1 brings increased prize money & larger crowds. There's next to no travelling support in league 2, coupled with club coming out of the covid season, cost of living crisis will all see less money coming into club than pre 2020.

We also had several sell out games with Raith in his time, along with quite a few big cup draws.

5th was our highest finish in this time. What the final league tables don't tell though, is we consistantly competed for the play offs in every season, only to fall short each year.

26 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

A new low.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on the performance but that result is embarrassing,  a once proud cup team now a joke.

A new low? I'm not so sure. Some of these East of Scotland clubs are well run and more than a match for our basement league plodders. As is the highland and lower leagues.

Todays results prove that.

14 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

A new low? I'm not so sure. Some of these East of Scotland clubs are well run and more than a match for our basement league plodders. As is the highland and lower leagues.

They lost 3-2 at home to Glenrothes recently, we should have enough to dispatch a tier 6  side.

15 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

I'm sure Dunbar are in the EOS first division which is 3 leagues below League 2. Certainly a bad day for the club but not at all surprised. I've personally lost interest and wasn't there today but it seems we lost Easton and Page through injury. Things may get even worse. 

Just now, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I'm sure Dunbar are in the EOS first division which is 3 leagues below League 2. Certainly a bad day for the club but not at all surprised. I've personally lost interest and wasn't there today but it seems we lost Easton and Page through injury. Things may get even worse. 

EOS Premier

On 20/10/2023 at 20:14, Its not only a game said:

That last paragraph could equally apply to the Sons Sorrow thread.  When you drop down the divisions you are down to the hard-core.