The East Fife Thread

16 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Totally agree.

They , Dick and Ian took Arbroath from 2nd bottom on league 2 to near promotion to the premier league- every EF Fan would worship that achievement.

However , the problem is they would need to be left to be in total charge of all football matters. Our Board  are like us fans, love the club . Would our Board give them total freedom that Arbroath seem to give them?-big call I know but we are in a desperate situation 

I know most fans would love a dick Campbell as manager of their team, as I said he’s knowledge of lower league football well noticed and the character he is he’ll do well for any p/t side. Whether we show ambition is another thing? 

I know the board are all fans of the club and would do anything for the club under the ownership of Rankin associates but I feel we’re too “Content” (I like saying that) that we will not make a decision on Greg. As much I want Greg out I do love Greg as a player and welcomed him back when he got assistant manager job but football results business at the end of the day and it hasn’t worked out for him sadly. If dick got the job you think he would be able get that total freedom like with Forfar, Arbroath etc but our board are fans they are sturbon and aren’t quite minted aswell but given he’s available I dunno what we’re waiting on in hope Greg will be a success and hope things get better. 
I also think summer will be crucial given the age of Fleming and trouten 39? do I trust McDonald lead a transition period of building a new team than awarding players new contract and retaining most of squad (abeit from Denham) so I trust that given he’s build his own team this season and failed? No. But like you said big call? It’s upto the club….

Would love to see Dick Campbell at Bayview. I know he's just left Arbroath, but I can imagine he'll not be one for wanting to sit around the house with his feet up for any length of time. That, & the fact he's good friends with at least one of our directors, mean it might just happen.

We're heading in the direction we are, not due to just one factor, but the ownership, lack of cash, bad board decisions, poor management, lack of quality on the park. A character like Campbell may well be the person who could galvanise the whole club, Arbroath have had great success off the park these last few years, as well as on it. Clyde seem to be all uniting around McCall.

On the downside, does he need to come as a team, with Pink & big Rab? Paying off our whole coaching team & bringing in Dick & his guys, might be beyond us. If we did spend this amount of cash & it didn't work, would we recover financially, would our board gamble like this?

The success at Abroath didn't come overnight, it was 5 years of steady growth, at 70, would Dick still have the enthusiasm needed to start a project like that again?

This change might be what's needed.

AGM tonight.

13 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

This change might be what's needed.

AGM tonight.

I think it’s well noticed that a change of coaching staff is needed at the club, but my theory is that the former player most of us want him to be successful when it’s not worked out. Our fans board are very stubborn until it’s too late and this come back to the Stephen frail comment he made “we’re too nice” and we are.

interesting there’s a agm tonight all concerns should be raised regarding the bid of the takeover, what there aim is or actual are, future of the takeover group and their plans before I start pledging any spare fiver to, our performances on the park and the academy/community club latest.

But I sense we’re too “content” with everything and in hope we turn it around on the park aswell. 

My view is that there needs to be a root and branch clear out at certainly ownership and BoD levels,to try and reverse the downward decline in the club's fortunes.

As things stand at the moment, the current BoD are to announce a loss of £53 k for the year to 31 May 2023.The BoD are also seeking re-election at this meeting. There is therefore no imminent change of direction at this level.

My view is that the senior board members are culpable of not reaching out to the wider Levenmouth public and selling the EF brand within the community.A phrase I have used for years and which was relayed by a Board Member to me several years ago."They Ken whaur we are".

The efforts of Fifers For The Community, East Fife Community Club,EFTV and the EF Commercial team just show what can be achieved when reaching out to both fans and the wider community.

At ownership level, it does appear that there is to be a fans buyout. The current owner appears to want to sell while there does not appear to be a buyout proposal from the BoD.

There are many fans that I know who wish to effect a buyout by making monthly contributions to make this happen.Unfortunately there appears to be a lack of information from the EF Supporters Society which would encourage such supporters to actually commence making these payments. Over to you EF Supporters Society.

The current BOD deserve great credit in saving the club several years ago. Unfortunately that was then.

At managerial level,I can understand the opinion of some fans who wish Dick Campbell and Pink to be appointed.But John Young and Rab Douglas as a package.?

The next 2 home games will determine Greigs future.

52 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

As I said above can we wait another two games in hope things will change is my point? Hence Clyde will turn it around under experience manager and Elgin just beat Forfar recently needs be considered that it’s not good enough to be “content”.

I like Greg and what he did as player and like him part of Crawford back room staff but end of the day football a result business, can we wait in hope?

I probably come under that category amongst some fans that for wanting that change of dick to be brought in along with his package of coaching staff is a new ideas amongst the coaching team a bit of freshness is needed. But like you said BOD do deserve credit massive amount credit of saving club then but this is now…..

Everything about the club feels very amateurish from the board right down to what I witnessed on the park at Bonnyrigg last week. We are in downward spiral and have been for around 3 years. The apathy amongst the support is an all time low. We are calling out for change from ownership to board to management. If things keep going like this for another 2 or 3 years there is no doubt that we will end up club 42 it’s just a matter of time. Rankines ownership has been the worst thing to ever happen to the club and change of ownership is a must. Maybe then we’ll get some change and some business professionals in the boardroom. 

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

My view is that there needs to be a root and branch clear out at certainly ownership and BoD levels,to try and reverse the downward decline in the club's fortunes.

As things stand at the moment, the current BoD are to announce a loss of £53 k for the year to 31 May 2023.The BoD are also seeking re-election at this meeting. There is therefore no imminent change of direction at this level.

My view is that the senior board members are culpable of not reaching out to the wider Levenmouth public and selling the EF brand within the community.A phrase I have used for years and which was relayed by a Board Member to me several years ago."They Ken whaur we are".

The efforts of Fifers For The Community, East Fife Community Club,EFTV and the EF Commercial team just show what can be achieved when reaching out to both fans and the wider community.

At ownership level, it does appear that there is to be a fans buyout. The current owner appears to want to sell while there does not appear to be a buyout proposal from the BoD.

There are many fans that I know who wish to effect a buyout by making monthly contributions to make this happen.Unfortunately there appears to be a lack of information from the EF Supporters Society which would encourage such supporters to actually commence making these payments. Over to you EF Supporters Society.

The current BOD deserve great credit in saving the club several years ago. Unfortunately that was then.

At managerial level,I can understand the opinion of some fans who wish Dick Campbell and Pink to be appointed.But John Young and Rab Douglas as a package.?

A good post. I'm not sure what the answer is but it's obvious things need to change and change quickly. The way the club has regressed over the past few seasons is very sad. The club are hovering above the lowland league zone and on current form it's only a matter of time. Maybe that's the angle.

Personally, I think the board are stale and devoid of ideas on how to change things for the better. I'm sure the good intent is there but the experience to see it through isn't. Two poor managerial appointments later and here we are. £18 entry fee is clutching at straws and not sure what they hoped to achieve apart from pissing people off and becoming a laughing stock. They've succeeded.

It's obvious people aren't happy so they need to vote with their feet rather that walk through the turnstile. Maybe then, the message will get through.

I agree with the £18 walk up fee it’s backfired with no success I’m a season ticket holder I’m at a point is it worth renewing it next season with all the points of club being stale and things adding up on and off the park. 

1. poor management we currently sit 7th and sit on another false dawn and short of our aim (play offs)

2. The recruitment of the playing squad

3. fans on the board are happy

4. do I feel I can chuck any more money at the club or even put in a spare fiver towards this ownership with no plan if it will work

5. we will need a new squad next season I don’t think I can trust McDonald get that right? With him building this squad.

6. The whole thing of charging £18 over two seasons needs ditching now.

One thing is that it is been a grim season to watch, things need to act quickly or we could join Cowdenbeath, Berwick etc in lowland league and thought of loosing even more supporters as we have had.

it all comes back that we seem “content” but.

On 28/11/2023 at 16:06, Beachcomber said:

Anyone know from the accounts the fee we received for Jude Smith ?

No real estimate of what we got remains private from what it says been a five figure fee plus the add ons I’m afraid but someone in ITK will say otherwise than myself. I’m like yourself all clueless surely we haven’t spunked that on bringing fash and Easton in and the player wages since.

16 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Would love to see Dick & co pitch up at yous and do well. Deserves a better finish to his career than what's happened at us. 

Taking Arbroath from League 2 to the Championship and keeping them there is quite literally a brilliant end to Dicks career if he calls it quits now. What an odd thing to say. 

I can’t imagine dick calling it quits but to manager us we probably have to part ways with the current management and I doubt we will call it quits there unless things get any worser amongst the people upstairs…if tomorrow game does go ahead then it probably spark that conversation than I’m expressing here. One way aswell they will many clubs that will want dick to be their manager and he’ll have options.

but you have to look at what he did with Arbroath and say it was some achievement.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Taking Arbroath from League 2 to the Championship and keeping them there is quite literally a brilliant end to Dicks career if he calls it quits now. What an odd thing to say. 

Don't want to take over the EF thread but the last 2 seasons have been absolutely grim and I imagine it has taken a lot of out Dick. So it would be nice if he could finish on a high somewhere. Not hard 

I saw DC and Leishman at a football comedy night in Dunfermline a couple of weeks ago. He is enjoying life.

I don’t think he is ready to retire.

The previous problem with dispersing with Greig, may have been that there was no obvious replacement. That is no longer the case, and change should be happening now before we miss out.

51 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

I saw DC and Leishman at a football comedy night in Dunfermline a couple of weeks ago. He is enjoying life.

I don’t think he is ready to retire.

The previous problem with dispersing with Greig, may have been that there was no obvious replacement. That is no longer the case, and change should be happening now before we miss out.

That’s the problem they wasn’t a obvious choice and that goes back to when they invited craw in, but feels we are going miss out and we will look back at another hit or miss opportunity at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Everythings Fine GIF by GitHub

Another 4-0 win last week to another false dawn….we are where we are because we aren’t good enough same reason we got beat by Dunbar and Bonnyrigg after winning. How many times??

meanwhile are rivals will be in premier league we are in a mini league with Forfar, Clyde, Elgin, Stranraer etc