The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Which Albion cup match was this? 

Before the challenge cup - time was up back then but again we won that game just like Stranraer and today. We’ve being well under par from a side that got to the play offs last year and if it wasn’t for the teams below us we would be bottom. But hopefully a win is isn’t false hope again, sorry for being negative but season in whole hasn’t being great looking in. But for us we needed that win so well played.

Well well well…..two steps forward and four steps back it feels like another false dawn similar to Stranraer 4-0 win to go on dreadful run and wasn’t shocked tonight let’s just face it it’s not working…..

3 wins out of 13 is absolutely dreadful stat? 

Don’t tell me we’re backing him until January our next two are at home (big games) and with Elgin winning tonight make things tight at the bottom end.

Things must be dire if we’re content with the current situation we find ourselfs in. That’s the danger appointing a man that loves the club It’s clear to day it hasn’t worked on this season….

I guess the friendly is to blood the young ones.

Good….I would get dick in asap, knows the lower leagues and he’s being aboot’ we need someone in that’s experienced and kick a few not performing that’s what’s needed.

still amazed that the clubs content of not being bottom theory of having not  to sack him then. Times up and that was proved on Tuesday night in Bonnyrigg I’m struggling where we go with the weeks until January window and I doubt the window will change much either.

24 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Good….I would get dick in asap, knows the lower leagues and he’s being aboot’ we need someone in that’s experienced and kick a few not performing that’s what’s needed.

still amazed that the clubs content of not being bottom theory of having not  to sack him then. Times up and that was proved on Tuesday night in Bonnyrigg I’m struggling where we go with the weeks until January window and I doubt the window will change much either.

As soon as I heard the news he left Arbroath I thought you guys would probably be the most likely destination for him if you sacked McDonald. I say this while wishing he could come back to us instead of course.

Posted a £60K loss last season. Crowds down this season, cup income peanuts. Probably just about manage an extra £1K a week for the Campbells and splash out an extra £1k on quality players.

We could do a Trump, inflate the value of our assets (allegedly)and secure significant loans.

Jesus weep we played our first team for a kick about along the road in a weekend off no offence when we couldn’t beat Dunbar in a embracing cup exit, not really fussed neither the fife cup in my opinion we should be looking at our current League position, stats and performances competitively while the rest we’re playing today and say we’re not good enough at this point. But that’s the trouble we’ve let this club slide and the board won’t sack a legend or afraid to say it’s time up we need new ideas ideally we need new ideas on and off at the club as a whole but I don’t think anyone knows the answer to. But surely a manager like dick will be well trusted guy within football and knows a lot contacts and probably bring back a spirt to the changing room a bit spark we seem lost. That’s just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Posted a £60K loss last season. Crowds down this season, cup income peanuts. Probably just about manage an extra £1K a week for the Campbells and splash out an extra £1k on quality players.

We could do a Trump, inflate the value of our assets (allegedly)and secure significant loans.

I'm not sure if you're defending the current situation or even making a point tbh.

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

As soon as I heard the news he left Arbroath I thought you guys would probably be the most likely destination for him if you sacked McDonald. I say this while wishing he could come back to us instead of course.

You would think we might be I heard he stays not far from the club but it’s weather the club sticks by current manager in hope things will pan out for rest of season which is likely given McDonald a former player but I’m sure most clubs will want a dick Campbell so I think he’ll be back in soon where ever it is. Given us both are in danger of our position in league I think both clubs are quite content given Elgin and Clyde had to make the decision before us.

26 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

Crawford was the wrong appointment. Macdonald was the wrong appointment. If McCall can turn Clyde around we are on serious trouble.

The Campbell brothers would be a great appointment at this time.

3rd time lucky.

I'd be delighted to see DC at East Fife.  Not convinced it will happen but with this board...who knows.

14 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Totally agree.

They , Dick and Ian took Arbroath from 2nd bottom on league 2 to near promotion to the premier league- every EF Fan would worship that achievement.

However , the problem is they would need to be left to be in total charge of all football matters. Our Board  are like us fans, love the club . Would our Board give them total freedom that Arbroath seem to give them?-big call I know but we are in a desperate situation 

Edited by Its not only a game