The East Fife Thread

My view is we're in position with no money and with recruitment in summer been bad part from docherty been our signing of the season and with the loss of Marshall then Barclay among the boardroom it's probably took its toll hit us hard to even get anyone and the position we are sat in league 2 it's probably not a predicatluar attractive location for any new player or any loan player going to East fife at the moment that's my take.

I'm also bizarre we gave hambrook a contract extension like many of our subs this season they haven't merit, why? Unless it's finances and apprences that merit that but I know he's another one that's young footballer at the club that we have but I doubt he's sat the heather on fire at Linlithgow unless I have missed something. But it's really concern that it's now 24 days into a transfer window teams in our league have signed players ie Elgin, Clyde, Dumbarton etc and with the summer coming up aswell I really fear us if we do stay up what McDonald recruitment is like when Fleming and trouten hang up their boots. I like the manager and liked when he came to the club but we are paying £18 an entry fee and going nowhere under him sorry and everyone now strengthen we are where we are and that is to sign what we can I feel and it's good to have the youth set up but we have already got the best from there and haven't yet got any rewards of selling them like jude Smith so it's a worry on that front.

Regarding Cunningham strange to recall him from his loan spell and not been used even from the bench but I think he found his level when with cowdenbeath and that's probably where the current manager feels he's at and he's there for the numbers like many of our subs this season sadly. It's clear we need strengthen but I feel we are living in hope like the manager has for this team and I know we aren't rich either but with the situation is clear if it wasn't for those 3 draws and winning at dumbarton into 2024 he was probably on the edge and should of been sacked at Dunbar alone!

Greig McDonald did say in his interview after Saturdays game he was hopeful of getting a couple of players in this week. No point bringing in players if they are no better than what we have already. He’s probably waiting to see how the injured players are coming along before deciding where to strengthen. What’s the point in bringing in a couple of 19 year olds to sit on the bench be as well just sticking with what we have. I thought we looked decent on Saturday and with a couple of tweaks were not far away. 

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Surely we will see a signing tonight

It'll no be the night probably have to wait until next week if there is one but are we expecting anyone?

No much hope or sign there's gonna be one given it's 25 days in already. This is my worry for the summer kicking in.

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Considering we are 6th in League 2 and facing our worst league position in decades, you better believe we need better players ! 

I fear the manager has a lack of contacts out there and we are a hard sell to bring quality in that we need sadly coup with loss of directors to add to it, if this is us what is the summer recruitment when we loose fleming and trouten to retirement and Slattery has his testimonial because I guess we are not resigning the whole team again for another finish again surely and in hope Edinburgh city go burst to save the likes of us, Elgin or that don't have big budgets or funds we are going back to the dark ages of jim moffat vibes here. Summer going be interesting but we as fans have to take of our black and gold specs off to see the reality we're facing here it's looking gloomy and left supporters supporting a club that's struggling to compete and have to make do with what we have got it seems. It's hardly exciting that what we're witness and we're even paying £18 to witness this mess it's hardly inspiring for next season for fans aswell as lack of transfers.

9 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I fear the manager has a lack of contacts out there and we are a hard sell to bring quality in that we need sadly coup with loss of directors to add to it, if this is us what is the summer recruitment when we loose fleming and trouten to retirement and Slattery has his testimonial because I guess we are not resigning the whole team again for another finish again surely and in hope Edinburgh city go burst to save the likes of us, Elgin or that don't have big budgets or funds we are going back to the dark ages of jim moffat vibes here. Summer going be interesting but we as fans have to take of our black and gold specs off to see the reality we're facing here it's looking gloomy and left supporters supporting a club that's struggling to compete and have to make do with what we have got it seems. It's hardly exciting that what we're witness and we're even paying £18 to witness this mess it's hardly inspiring for next season for fans aswell as lack of transfers.

Finally, the penny has dropped! We have NO money (yet you wanted to bring 7 players in, this window!). We are not making the play offs (either promotion, or relegation) this season. Situation is unlikely to change financially until we can buy the owner out.

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Finally, the penny has dropped! We have NO money (yet you wanted to bring 7 players in, this window!). We are not making the play offs (either promotion, or relegation) this season. Situation is unlikely to change financially until we can buy the owner out.

Firstly I hope that you are correct with your opinion that EF will be safe from relegation this year.

Secondly ,I completely agree that the club will not turn the corner from the downward spiral of recent years until the owner is gone. It is now 11 months since a group of supporters met and gave authority for the Supporters Society to contact both the Owner and potential funding partners. Since then , precious little information has emanated from the Society although there have been whispers that an offer has been made to the owner who has yet to reply ,one way or another, whilst  the funding is in place.

As a supporter , I am heartened by the figures recently issued by EF Community FC which show that there is a current membership of 620 Registered Players and 1162 Recreational Players, the largest in the East Region. . When you add the players of EF Woman and Girls , and the players of EFFC , you can see the numbers under the EF brand.

Again as a supporter, I appreciate the work undertaken by Fifers For The Community and their role in the Community, and their ability to attract various organisations to use Bayview.

My question is , why with the above numbers and structures in place, the club is unable to attract a large proportion of EF Community players , and their parents to watch EFFC?

With regard to the Board of Directors, there appears to be a lack of enthusiasm with regard to the possibility of a takeover. Why is this? Do  they collectively not have an opinion one way or another?

One of the few positives this season has been the work of the Commercial Team in actually reaching out to the business community and being able to attract new investment.

When is the Chairman and the BOD going to raise their collective heads above the parapet and actually reach out to the Levenmouth Community and tell it as it is. The Commercial Team has and brought dividends to the club.

In general there is a complete lack of enthusiasm emanating from Bayview. Over to you Mr Chairman.

According to his Hibs profile a midfield player who can also play up front. We are definitely needing some cover in midfield just have to wait and see if he gets game time and can bring some much needed quality to the team. 

Please tell me we didn't sign anyone or anyone there or signed within or give average player extension for the sake of it? Right 25 days in no no no 😂 but still a young laddie right enough I'm no expecting fireworks because Mitchell was a young laddie too and that didn't work.

Check Yourself Seeing Things GIF by MIRAMAX

How I'm I jealous of seeing raith announce a thunderbird theme tune for their signing and we get a young kid onloan, has Craig Thomson vibes of his da is a east fife fan vibes or played wi us vibes I know it's nice to even get one but neither I was not expecting anyone and have to be grateful but you look at our rivals and go their recruitment better and we're so far behind material and we are happy sort of thing and so is the board it's unreal! Like We beat those linos home and away in league 1 where we failed make the play offs there just saying! I know I'm moaning at everything lately like this season so frustrating but I'm well jealous I suppose we are just happy I guess i have be positive I can be.

Just hope I'm wrong we do improve onwards and upwards they say.

See link below from Livingstone FC regarding their previous shareholder and our current majority shareholder.

It puts a bit off perspective on the challenges East Fife FC have given the current ownership structure.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-statement-4/?fbclid=IwAR1VWHsXDdryeHPNZRDOxbUiwtgpi5RgjSw13xv1xluLwBV3Q9W1SxdVjIs_aem_AUPhuw7VSJK3nWKjOVHc4FJQAta0jt9Y9SKEtj1SwpmNIWUn90t4L_lAsUW33mbSs3s

1 hour ago, Red Army Blues18 said:

See link below from Livingstone FC regarding their previous shareholder and our current majority shareholder.

It puts a bit off perspective on the challenges East Fife FC have given the current ownership structure.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-statement-4/?fbclid=IwAR1VWHsXDdryeHPNZRDOxbUiwtgpi5RgjSw13xv1xluLwBV3Q9W1SxdVjIs_aem_AUPhuw7VSJK3nWKjOVHc4FJQAta0jt9Y9SKEtj1SwpmNIWUn90t4L_lAsUW33mbSs3s

Thats a sobering read.