The East Fife Thread

13 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Am as much delighted we got Ian his brother in aswell his backroom staff, disappointed Rab Douglas hasn't joined but....

I’m sure he lives in Lanark so must’ve put some miles in for that Arbroath job, maybe doesn’t fancy it this time. 

Campbell is as good an appointment as you’ll get in league 2, probably too far off Dumbarton to have a decent go at catching them this year though. 

Well he have three or four months to asses a squad for next season and build a team on the park as we've seen they are below par. With nothing to play for this is a perfect opportunity but the bottom line is staying up do that then we can build a team but he and the staff will have no fear between now and end of season and think it's fair we haven't been good this season far off what we achieved last season.

2 hours ago, Exiled Fifer said:

I believe appointing DC will most likely stem the decline and he will stabilise the league position. However I fear that his appointment would  see the end of the youth system and we will no longer see the likes of Murray, Walls, Newton, Healy, Ramsay and others now on the brink with the U 20’s breaking through into the EF first team squad as DC will likely bring players in who will do a “short term” job for him and then leave. Just look at his track record at his previous clubs on blooding young and upcoming players.

So, short term ( to the end of the season) probably a safe and good appointment but long term , I have my doubts.

Just my opinion and views like.

Dick is not a fan of spending money on a youth team that he could spend getting better players in for the first team. I’m not saying I agree with him, but it was probably the right call for a part time club trying to survive in the Championship. If it’s his call your youth team will be binned. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

I’m sure he lives in Lanark so must’ve put some miles in for that Arbroath job, maybe doesn’t fancy it this time. 

Rab Douglas lives in Broughty Ferry, next to Dundee. He owns a hotel there and has spoke about it previously on various podcasts and on X mate

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Rab Douglas lives in Broughty Ferry, next to Dundee. He owns a hotel there and has spoke about it previously on various podcasts and on X mate

Fair enough, definitely thought I’d heard about him being around Lanark. 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

Dick is not a fan of spending money on a youth team that he could spend getting better players in for the first team. I’m not saying I agree with him, but it was probably the right call for a part time club trying to survive in the Championship. If it’s his call your youth team will be binned. 

Massive difference between the catchment area of Angus and Fife for youth players.

Jack Healy, Brogan Walls, Liam Newton, Brendan Ramsay and Charlie Murray have all graduated from our Under 20s. Dick will understand that this is the way forward.

There was no such set up in place at Arbroath when he took over.

Edited by Cosmic Joe

11 minutes ago, THE_warrior said:

Could a top 4 push be on for dick campbells men?

Unlikely. Unless Dumbarton get a nosebleed again.

It's all a wee bit Ally MacLeod 1978 at the moment though. I'll be happy with a steadying of the ship.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:
1 hour ago, THE_warrior said:

Could a top 4 push be on for dick campbells men?

Unlikely. Unless Dumbarton get a nosebleed again.

It's all a wee bit Ally MacLeod 1978 at the moment though. I'll be happy with a steadying of the ship.

We aren’t remotely in a position to “get a nosebleed” again. Our form is absolutely pish and has been for a while. Even earlier in the season bar one decent unbeaten run it’s been patchy.

Must be pretty exciting for the EF faithful having DC and his team at the wheel now.

Knows L2 inside out and will ultimately improve the squad possibly with 1 or 2 of the Arbroath current squad.... Exciting times for the fifers.

Cant see any of our current players dropping down to league 2, other than Balde who's just went to East Kilbride.

I cant recall how many points we were ahead of relegation spot when Dick and Ian took over but remember them steadying the ship, then completely overhauled the squad and won league 2 on the last day the next season (one of my favourite seasons ever watching Arbroath) we then reached the play offs in season 2 in league 1, following season we romped league 1 and then stayed in the championship comfortably almost achieving promotion to the premier, wheels came off a bit since the defeat at Kilmarnock but nice to see him back involved.

Expect a bit of a rollercoaster at times but cant see it being anything other than successful. 

Decent appointment for East Fife and the club looks as though it has a chance to turn the corner after a few seasons in the doldrums. If the off-field ownership stuff can be sorted then a few good seasons lie ahead.

In fairness the couple of times I've seen them this campaign East Fife haven't been that bad, certainly I never saw them as relegation candidates. There's a few good players there but confidence and consistency have clearly been issues for them.

18 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Cant see any of our current players dropping down to league 2, other than Balde who's just went to East Kilbride.

I cant recall how many points we were ahead of relegation spot when Dick and Ian took over but remember them steadying the ship, then completely overhauled the squad and won league 2 on the last day the next season (one of my favourite seasons ever watching Arbroath) we then reached the play offs in season 2 in league 1, following season we romped league 1 and then stayed in the championship comfortably almost achieving promotion to the premier, wheels came off a bit since the defeat at Kilmarnock but nice to see him back involved.

Expect a bit of a rollercoaster at times but cant see it being anything other than successful. 

Aye if he does half the job for East Fife what he did for Arbroath then I’ll be very happy. His man management and player motivation is something that has been sadly lacking. Hell not accept players losing battles all over the park. A change that was badly needed as there weren’t going to be many fans left as the apathy towards everything East Fife was spiralling out of control. This coupled with the chance of fan ownership will hopefully get all the fans back on board and let’s see a big turn out on Saturday to get behind Dick and his coaching team. 

I saw that Dick Campbell is the new manager at East Fife. Most interesting thing to happen at East Fife for a while. Hopefully he can get them back up the leagues.

Following the resignation of Greig McDonald and the subsequent appointment of Dick Campbell as first-team manager, we can confirm that Paul Thomson and Lindsay Hamilton have now left the club.

Paul and Lindsay both leave with the thanks of everyone at East Fife and we wish them all the best for the future.

🔗bit.ly/4bEYIDM

Can we now have Rab Douglas as gk coach followed by Stuart Malcolm defender coach😂??

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer