The East Fife Thread

19 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

With all due respect, no, you are.

This isn't just based on this thread. I've seen some fairly wild takes from Arbroath supporters since 2022 that seem fairly delusional. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Fkn hell? Delusional football fans? Definitely only Arbroath that have them… 

16 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

DC has always been a bit of a maverick, but you surely need to look at the bigger picture. Where you were and where you are now. A bit of gratitude would not go amiss instead of personal abuse and gobbing on a player after narrowly losing to a pretty decent Spartans side away in the Scottish Cup.

Yes, you'll probably go down this season, but will be placed to more than hold your own in SPFL1 next year, something you could only dream of when he took over.

Nobody grobbed on anyone Dick is an absolute haver 

Dick is also a club legend who has achieved what no one else will and has helped and played a part in building our club up on and off the park to a point I could have only dreamed of when he took over

That does not make him untouchable and his time was most definitely well and truly up 

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fkn hell? Delusional football fans? Definitely only Arbroath that have them… 

Nobody grobbed on anyone Dick is an absolute haver

Are you suggesting Colin Hamilton is also an absolute haver?

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I didn't say only Arbroath fans were delusional.

Well what was the point of even saying what you said, so every fanbase has delusional fans? 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Are you suggesting Colin Hamilton is also an absolute haver?

When did Colin Hamilton say someone spat at Dick Campbell I missed it? If he did I take back every single thing I said. Spitting is absolutely disgusting. 

Every single person I know that was there and in the vicinity said he come over to talk to a fan because he was shouting abuse (also something that happens at the football when things go bad within every fanbase).

Have a read back our thread from people who were there too. It’s widely believed that this whole spitting nonsense is a pile of shite. Dick lies for fun, every week he will bare face lie or exaggerate situations. 

Anyway this is all beside the point, if you’re an outsider looking in you don’t understand all the things that lead up and to Dick leaving Arbroath and none of they things involved Arbroath or the fanbase getting ideas above their station or not appreciating how excellent a job DC had done.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

55 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well what was the point of even saying what you said, so every fanbase has delusional fans? 

Because the specific delusion I'm talking about is the complete warping of perspective after the 2021/22 season. That Arbroath had somehow moved up some natural level and wouldn't inevitably be pulled back down by gravity into L1.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Because the specific delusion I'm talking about is the complete warping of perspective after the 2021/22 season. That Arbroath had somehow moved up some natural level and wouldn't inevitably be pulled back down by gravity into L1.

Do you honestly think that Arbroath supporters thought that season should become our norm!! We all knew that was a freak season and that we would at some point be back down to League one. DC was fantastic for us and we all know and appreciate that but by the end of his time at Arbroath he had lost the plot and the dressing room. He should have quit in the summer and it was really sad the way it ended.

Hope he re-discovers his touch with you boys, who i like btw.

10 minutes ago, keptie said:

Do you honestly think that Arbroath supporters thought that season should become our norm!! We all knew that was a freak season and that we would at some point be back down to League one. DC was fantastic for us and we all know and appreciate that but by the end of his time at Arbroath he had lost the plot and the dressing room. He should have quit in the summer and it was really sad the way it ended.

Hope he re-discovers his touch with you boys, who i like btw.

Not all of them. Maybe just one or two of the noisier ones one here. I can remember seeing those exact things being said after the end of the 21/22 season.

27 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Not all of them. Maybe just one or two of the noisier ones one here. I can remember seeing those exact things being said after the end of the 21/22 season.

I think I was part of that conversation. I seem to remember the gist of it being 'if Arbroath are relegated they will likely revert to being a bog standard L1 type team with the sort of crowds they used to get in L1' v 'things have changed forever. You've no idea how much the town is behind the club'. There was a distinctly Tory 'I don't understand why other clubs simply haven't tried trying harder'

Edit - Those were the views of 1 or 2 Arbroath fans

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

11 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Can we all move on!. Dick Campbell has left Arbroath  and he is now  our manager.

I truly hope that we are accused of having delusional fans when Dick, Ian etc take us from the bottom of League 2, add 00’s to our fan base, put money in our bank  and nearly take us to the Premiership .

We will enjoy that, feels like an impossible dream , would take us getting into league 1 tbf- and of course we will have fans that will forget and complain. Thats fitba!

Just seen Pink is hosting a Q&A at Bayview - attended many of these over the years at Gayfield, always a really interesting night. At least he won't have to put up with being asked if he's going to re sign Kane Hester anymore!

Given Mikey time was limited here and was always going be behind Fash & Shepherd in terms of pecking order in strikers at the club, going back to @Lichtie78comment about Kane Hester wouldn't be bad shout come to mention the suggestion and to consider he's been hit and miss at Montrose and was in fire for Elgin the season before his move to league 1, would be a player that would spring to mind to keep Shepherd and fash on their toes...loose the both of them and we need to play a midfielder up top but I'm sure dick, Ian and john are well aware of the situation given we've been limited for players that make a difference from the bench all season and unfortunately Mikey comes under that category unfortunately but wish him all the best wherever he goes onto and good luck to the boy.

Screenshot_20240216-191403.png

27 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Considering Montrose spent 20 grand on Hester how you going to afford him if you are skint?

Would need to put up their admission prices up to something absolutely ludicrous like £18.