The East Fife Thread

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Now that the seasons done and dusted for us really, who we keeping for next year? I think (and probably hope) that we'll see a decent turn over in the squad. As far as I'm aware, Fash, Docherty and Healy are the only ones still on the books - not sure if anyone knows otherwise?

Otherwise, I'd probably keep Fleming for another season unless Dick has an improvement lined up - he's not perfect but not easy to find a decent keeper. Newton, Walls, McManus as well - Trouten has perhaps played his way into another year after a disappointing start to the season and I think Shepherd will depend on who the Campbells can bring in. Otherwise I wouldn't be overly inclined to keep the rest. 

We have FOUR players contracted for next season, Calum Hambrook is also signed up, but whether or not the current coaching staff see him as part of their plans is another thing entirely!!!

eta:

Agree with keeping Walls, Newton and McManus, I have a feeling that the Campbell’s are also quite keen on Kieran Millar as well and personally I would be fine with him staying!!!

Dick has continually said since he arrived that he wants to bring “better players” in, so personally I can see quite a turnover in the current squad, starting in a couple of weeks and again I would be fine with that also!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Think that Calum Hambrook is the 4th player signed up.

You are correct, but I think that the issue of whether or not the Campbell’s see him as part of their future plans is still valid!!!

He’s been at Linlithgow Rose since November and I have no idea how he is getting on there!!!

Edited by King Kebab

19 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You are correct, but I think that the issue of whether or not the Campbell’s see him as part of their future plans is still valid!!!

He’s been at Linlithgow Rose since November and I have no idea how he is getting on there!!!

I don't think he's played many games at linlithgow unless he's injured, I don't think what he can offer when he has came off the bench it's like the rest of our bench are they good enough to be here next season? Like I know he's a young player I get that but what does he offer since signing in summer? dick was asked about Scott Shepherd work rate but if you don't score goals or win games then he's not bothered if his work rate good or not we need be successful we have been wanting that as well as to is dick wants but what about our board but? And the post match interview shows that and you can tell dick sees the rest of players as to they are not good enough to be at east fife.

For me I would be keeping walls and newton, Easton and Murdoch.

The rest can go!! As for Fleming and trouten wouldn't be surprised if they retire from football they are both at that age now, I thought if we aren't getting rab Douglas maybe Allan Fleming could be our goalie coach but KK probably cleared that up. But we need be brutal no point keeping players that's failed over two seasons and definitely a season to far for Slattery, shiavone etc...but I'm like dick we need be brutal harsh words and reality we need better players in. It is bizzare we gave hambrook a new contract under the previous manager don't see why we need keep a player that won't offer anything and canny hack it at linlithgow it's probably his level like Mikey Cunningham at Sauchie imo...Sean docherty poor form continues since signing a new contract though fash he will want to keep him.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

As far as I can see Hambrook has been involved in 7 games for Linlithgow since November and I doesn’t look like he’s been in their match day squad since March!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

As far as I can see Hambrook has been involved in 7 games for Linlithgow since November and I doesn’t look like he’s been in their match day squad since March!!!

That's my point it's a mystery he was even given a new contract by the previous manager. We need quality in looking at the manager had up at forfar they arent what is required. He will probably sit more times on the bench like Nicol has been all season.

8 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Now that the seasons done and dusted for us really, who we keeping for next year? I think (and probably hope) that we'll see a decent turn over in the squad. As far as I'm aware, Fash, Docherty and Healy are the only ones still on the books - not sure if anyone knows otherwise?

Otherwise, I'd probably keep Fleming for another season unless Dick has an improvement lined up - he's not perfect but not easy to find a decent keeper. Newton, Walls, McManus as well - Trouten has perhaps played his way into another year after a disappointing start to the season and I think Shepherd will depend on who the Campbells can bring in. Otherwise I wouldn't be overly inclined to keep the rest. 

Fleming and trouten may retire at end of season they are getting to that age. I rather sign newton, walls, murdoch and maybe Easton at a push and wouldn't loose sleep on the rest. Build the team round having Healy and fash in the team hopefully get a player experience at CB in to partner easton, a left back and goalies and midfielders and two strikers to challenge fash when he is missing like these weeks neither shepherd or shiavone seems to have that about them and we have missed fash lately.

27 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'd be keeping an eye on who is out of contract at Arbroath. I reckon a few will end up at East Fife.

Yeah I have a feeling that will happen as well. Big Dick's Last Dance getting the old band back together. Gold, McKenna, Gaston, Hamilton, Little, Jacobs and potentially even Aaron Steele (though, its not clear how long his contract is any he might well be able to get a L1 club). Only thing is I remember Arbroath fans saying things turned a bit sour towards the end of the Campbell's time with them - I know it was mainly with the fans but no idea if it was with the players as well. 

So previously mentioned we have Fash, Docherty, Healy & Hambrook. I can  see Hambrook's conract being cancelled.

I would offer deals to Fleming, Trouten, Walls.  Trouten  is on 11 league goals and is fit enough for another go at League  2.

As for the rest while i like  Murdoch, Millar,  McManus and Scotty we need a fresh start, what we've had for the last 2 seasons isn't working. In  my opinion Newton isn't good enough and Easton's  lack of Pace is  beginning to show.

47 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Yeah I have a feeling that will happen as well. Big Dick's Last Dance getting the old band back together. Gold, McKenna, Gaston, Hamilton, Little, Jacobs and potentially even Aaron Steele (though, its not clear how long his contract is any he might well be able to get a L1 club). Only thing is I remember Arbroath fans saying things turned a bit sour towards the end of the Campbell's time with them - I know it was mainly with the fans but no idea if it was with the players as well. 

McKenna is going to Falkirk*

Gold / Steele were already signed 

However East Fife were absolutely in for Hammy and he has turned it down to stay here. I think this will have been a bit of a surprise for Dick and if Hammy has not went to EF then I’m not sure who will be going

I mean you can have Jacobs if you want him - he’ll not be getting another contract here 

Eta - I think he’s going to Falkirk*

Edited by 1320Lichtie

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

McKenna is going to Falkirk*

Gold / Steele were already signed 

However East Fife were absolutely in for Hammy and he has turned it down to stay here. I think this will have been a bit of a surprise for Dick and if Hammy has not went to EF then I’m not sure who will be going

I mean you can have Jacobs if you want him - he’ll not be getting another contract here 

Eta - I think he’s going to Falkirk*

McKenna will do well with Falkirk back in championship so no surprise there.

Steele been seen at a couple games weeks before there with his son at Bayview but has managed to get back into arbroath team so was keen on both but looks like their already signed up with yous.

Hammy would of solve our left back that we have failed to replace since we had naysmith/penrice and it's been our major problem that and centre back since our decline so gutted he's turn down us. Would definitely have Thomas O'Brien as well but I'm not so sure we will pay for players and last time we paid for a player was indeed Ryan Wallace from yourselfs.

Jacobs I dunno what about slater, McIntosh, Gaston, Murray or Lyon they  signed up? The rest of your players no can't see us sign English, irish or German players you have there.

Who we keep/bring in may depend on whether we are building a team for the next 3 years, or just for next season. Personally, we need big changes. Darren Young & Greig McDonald were far too loyal and didn't freshen up the squad players became too comfy.

Fleming, does he have another year in him? We did get promoted with a 40 year old Jim Butter between the sticks before.  If he decides to retire it might be better in the long term, if we can find a 25 year old released from a full time club though.

Murdoch, been a good servant to the club, but must be one of the better paid though. I'd keep him myself.

Newton & Walls. Would like to keep a pathway up to the first team & certainly don't ever like to see 'one of our own' turn up in the opposition ranks. Not sure Campbell rates either and has already said he's no room for sentimentality. Newton looked good until that Bonnyrigg debacle.

Easton. Would keep the big man, need to have the right guy alongside him though.

Miller & McManus, would probably keep one, not both. More likely to be Miller

Trouten, been the player we thought we were signing under new manager, would keep, if he's not retiring.

Healy, Austin, Docherty, Already signed up. Docherty was one of our better players first half of season, since he's been out of team, looks average at best now though.

Slattery, Decent, honest guy, but has the manager seen enough of him to give him another deal? Doubt it

Nicol, Have liked the odd 5-10 mins I've seen from him, but successive managers haven't given him a chance, so that tells you he'll be away.

Shiavone, would let go

Shepherd, not going to be popular this, but I'm not sure what he brings. Yes he runs about and puts in plenty of effort, but there's no end product, I'm becoming frustrated with him, time for a change in my opinion.

Hamilton, Lyon & Blaney, will return to parent clubs, Hamilton hasn't been anything special, would like the other 2 back, but I suspect Partick & Hibs will have plans for them at league 1 level?

Comerford, can't see him staying, manager won't have seen him play

Page, no, already have an experienced, slow, injury prone centre back in Easton

Ramsay, Murray, will we see more of them over the next 2 games?

Beveridge back up 'keeper, Hambrook, who knows?

Might have an idea of the manager's future plans when we see who plays against Clyde & Spartans.

11 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Who we keep/bring in may depend on whether we are building a team for the next 3 years, or just for next season. Personally, we need big changes. Darren Young & Greig McDonald were far too loyal and didn't freshen up the squad players became too comfy.

Fleming, does he have another year in him? We did get promoted with a 40 year old Jim Butter between the sticks before.  If he decides to retire it might be better in the long term, if we can find a 25 year old released from a full time club though.

Murdoch, been a good servant to the club, but must be one of the better paid though. I'd keep him myself.

Newton & Walls. Would like to keep a pathway up to the first team & certainly don't ever like to see 'one of our own' turn up in the opposition ranks. Not sure Campbell rates either and has already said he's no room for sentimentality. Newton looked good until that Bonnyrigg debacle.

Easton. Would keep the big man, need to have the right guy alongside him though.

Miller & McManus, would probably keep one, not both. More likely to be Miller

Trouten, been the player we thought we were signing under new manager, would keep, if he's not retiring.

Healy, Austin, Docherty, Already signed up. Docherty was one of our better players first half of season, since he's been out of team, looks average at best now though.

Slattery, Decent, honest guy, but has the manager seen enough of him to give him another deal? Doubt it

Nicol, Have liked the odd 5-10 mins I've seen from him, but successive managers haven't given him a chance, so that tells you he'll be away.

Shiavone, would let go

Shepherd, not going to be popular this, but I'm not sure what he brings. Yes he runs about and puts in plenty of effort, but there's no end product, I'm becoming frustrated with him, time for a change in my opinion.

Hamilton, Lyon & Blaney, will return to parent clubs, Hamilton hasn't been anything special, would like the other 2 back, but I suspect Partick & Hibs will have plans for them at league 1 level?

Comerford, can't see him staying, manager won't have seen him play

Page, no, already have an experienced, slow, injury prone centre back in Easton

Ramsay, Murray, will we see more of them over the next 2 games?

Beveridge back up 'keeper, Hambrook, who knows?

Might have an idea of the manager's future plans when we see who plays against Clyde & Spartans.

We signed the majority of squad on from last season and it is clear we need new players in now.

I have feeling give the age trouten and Fleming they may retire in summer.

Murdoch, walls and newton -keep

Easton, rollo - maybe 

Beveridge and hambrook - no for me

If we keep Murray and Ramsay - loan move to lowland or east of Scotland would benefit them a season.

The rest - no.

Loan players will go back to hibs and loaned out higher up or fight to be on the bench at their parent club but if I was keeping it be blaney and Lyon, Hamilton not seen enough.

3 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

McKenna will do well with Falkirk back in championship so no surprise there.

Steele been seen at a couple games weeks before there with his son at Bayview but has managed to get back into arbroath team so was keen on both but looks like their already signed up with yous.

Hammy would of solve our left back that we have failed to replace since we had naysmith/penrice and it's been our major problem that and centre back since our decline so gutted he's turn down us. Would definitely have Thomas O'Brien as well but I'm not so sure we will pay for players and last time we paid for a player was indeed Ryan Wallace from yourselfs.

Jacobs I dunno what about slater, McIntosh, Gaston, Murray or Lyon they  signed up? The rest of your players no can't see us sign English, irish or German players you have there.

ToB signed for another 3 years, to be honest I was absolutely certain Hammy would be away back to join Dick but him staying has made me think that even the players were maybe fed up of his pish.

If Hammy, Stewart, Goldie all here then imagine ToB would probably want to stay too regardless. He’d get a testimonial if he did too which is another incentive. 

Slater is signed. Murray is signed and was a McIntyre signing. McIntosh signed already. Lyon hasn’t signed and I would be happy to see him sign too.

I don’t think Gaston will be getting offered a deal so maybe him. McIntyre doesn’t seem to fancy him 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

ToB signed for another 3 years, to be honest I was absolutely certain Hammy would be away back to join Dick but him staying has made me think that even the players were maybe fed up of his pish.

Is it not just that Arbroath have a far bigger budget than East Fife, and play a league above them, and such staying with Arbroath over moving to a lesser team in a lesser division for a lesser wage makes complete sense?

I know you boys are determined to preach that Dick has lost it but it feels a stretch to say players don't like him because they're signing more lucrative contracts with yourselves. 

19 hours ago, Rosey1889 said:

Injured and shite.  Headless chicken springs to mind.

15 hours ago, lithgierose said:

The laddie is just back from illness.  Sure he had quite a long spell in hospital.

14 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Totally disagree. Young lad who has something about him. Yesterday he was miles better than the guy he replaced. I would be happy to see him back next season.

12 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Seconded. Affected the game in almost all the games he played before he was injured.

Just to be fair to Calum Hambrook, the above are quotes from Linlithgow Rose fans when asked how’s he’s getting on!!!

Also assumed he had been injured but didn’t know about the illness and hospitalisation part, I think Saturday past was his first game back and he played well!!!

Dick Campbell ,at a recent function,made it abundantly clear that it would be difficult to attract players to EF for the reasons you mention.1 Players he might be interested in would require to drop down a division and 2,Financial. EF could not pay the wages that eg Arbroath could offer.

Wonder when Hamilton decided to stay at Arbroath and when it was announced as Dick did say during his speech at the Live Lounge that he was hopeful of announcing a signing this week, just wondering if it was Hamilton that he was hoping for!!!