The East Fife Thread

7 hours ago, sammytroot said:

3.There are proposals to add to the stadium structure

Ooh.. what do we  from this? 

I know we don’t NEED a bigger capacity at this point but, heart ruling head, a bit of covered terracing would certainly reignite a lot of interest- not to mention atmosphere.

A stadium development fund isn’t a bad idea. 

17 hours ago, AberhillLoyal said:

I know we don’t NEED a bigger capacity at this point but, heart ruling head, a bit of covered terracing would certainly reignite a lot of interest- not to mention atmosphere.

I know there was a proposal a while ago to extend the downstairs bar outwards and put in another entrance. Maybe that and a proper shop instead of the portacabin would be more useful than another stand.

21 hours ago, AberhillLoyal said:

Did we not have this when Lee Murray played his way into the club because his team was in the same division and wanted to get us a cafe etc?

Nothing pushing me on this news unless it's official or put anything in to help it probably end in tears or some pipedream 5months down the line, still unconvinced as long as the team on the park provides the success it's been like that since I remember us....

I do like the thought of having a proper shop inside the actual stadium building than the portocabin would be the 1st project how long have we had the outside portocabin since out of curiosity?

Safe standing at sea wall end? Clubs like Celtic have acted on this given Bayview is a seated stadium with one stand? Then you won't have stewards or the stadium safety officer complaining to younger fans to sit down when their all banging the drum away....Peterhead did a similar thing for their young fans.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

A terraced area behind the sea end goals similar to Peterhead/Forfar & the club shop located somewhere in the stadium might well improve the matchday experience, in the short term.

Another idea I'd like would be covering up the seats when not in use. Would stop them getting dirty & anymore faded. All the top flight clubs had seat covers during the covid seaso,. might be good advertising if we could get sponsor's logos on them, lesser games you could leave some on the away end, better than rows of empty seats.

Longer term though, I'm hoping with the rail link, the area might become more a commuter town for people who work in Edinburgh. Since the power station was demolished, many a time during a dull game, I've looked across Largo bay & thought it's not the worst view in the world (often spoilt by the football!). 

My thoughts on the stadium would be in the next 10/15 years look to be selling up the current ground for housing & moving to somewhere entirely new, especially if like before the new ground was paid for in the deal. A stadium similar to Stirling Albion's, maybe? It's not like we've any emotional attatchment where we are.

Edited by Life on Marrs?

12 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

A new stand 🤣 delusional

You groundshare with Hamilton because you can not longer pay lanarkshire council for rent for broadwood while shettleston juniors and the park at st mungo's academy at crown point have turned you lot down....you can't laugh at our situation while your situation seems be running out like east Stirling 😂

On 18/03/2024 at 21:34, grumswall said:

This is probably the first time iv seen you post on an east Fife thread... Or should that be,,,

I Don't live my life online mate. Some people just need the validation? 😑

Edited by tazz1903
ADD

31 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Oh 😒  Broken rib ?

Yup!!!

Is it me how many guys have we retain for next season? I thought the boy Lyon looked good yesterday scored a goal then was subbed along with Healy any chance we can keep him next season if thistle don't want him or is it a case see what league we will be in and see what the summer brings?

25 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Is it me how many guys have we retain for next season? I thought the boy Lyon looked good yesterday scored a goal then was subbed along with Healy any chance we can keep him next season if thistle don't want him or is it a case see what league we will be in and see what the summer brings?

There’s only three of the current squad contracted for next season, it’s a blank canvas for the Campbells as far as next season goes!!!

I can see a lot of the current squad being released honestly!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

There’s only three of the current squad contracted for next season, it’s a blank canvas for the Campbells as far as next season goes!!!

I can see a lot of the current squad being released honestly!!!

Who is under contract ?   Fash and ?