The East Fife Thread

23 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

For pity's sake,somehow or other, Rankine has got to get out of our club.

Correct that is why it's imperative as many people as possible sign up and pledge as much as they can to the trust, so we can buy him out.

At long last people can see how bad the situation is off the field. 

13 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Correct that is why it's imperative as many people as possible sign up and pledge as much as they can to the trust, so we can buy him out.

Has Rankine indicated how much he'd be looking for his stake in the club? 

Just curious as over the last couple of years the guy appears to be calling in the money he is owed from various clubs so just wondering if he's indicated how much it would be to sell. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Has Rankine indicated how much he'd be looking for his stake in the club? 

Just curious as over the last couple of years the guy appears to be calling in the money he is owed from various clubs so just wondering if he's indicated how much it would be to sell. 

The worth of his shares is  around 300k apparently.

4 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

The worth of his shares is  around 300k apparently.

And that gives you a majority shareholding? Is that not an absolute bargain for EF fans, and probably an attainable number?

300 fans paying 20 quid a month for 5 years generates £360K. 

Rankine owns 52% of the club .The asset value of his company is just over £300k.

My understanding is that an offer has been made by the Supporters Society but that an acceptance/rejection of that offer has yet to be made by Rankine.

Again ,I understand that finance is in place.

In his 20 years of ownership,he has yet to put in 1 penny towards the running of the club.

6 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I think the ownership has put us where we are and even though we have directors on the clubs board are all ef at heart like ourselves it has hinder us as long as I can remember east fife be.

But I know I would sign up like many fans or us would is the set up of the fans takeover viable like the one at Stirling Albion if I can remember correctly they are fan owned well if not I thought I herd they were and doing very well in league above us and have a team that can compete at that level, but what I'm saying is if it's successful we need be successful like I know the area of methil, levenmouth is a poor area of fife but no one wealthy to take on ef like Lee Murray tried and failed alone and sold us down a river like is it worth just throwing money away for sake of it, I like see a plan of action and their aim and being ambition etc before I could commit to something and I'm sure others will be like me too like I have help us much as I can for the team I'm not saying I wouldnt sign up but I am unknown to even know someone's set something up to bid for his or his assiotate name under lorraine twigg is it? to know people being in involved in one but we have herd stories in the past to do this and has got absolutely nowhere so thats my point making and if it was to be successful that group or person needs to back the club and put money in further to be ambition for the joys of that takeover and be better than the ownership who I feel like Rankine loves is business and nothing else and joys of owning a bit land make money for it really like he did with Livingston FC until the settled his claims there. I just feel we could do the same as Livingston but we have got nowhere with Rankine before  nor the name he uses for his shares, ownership and control of the football club.

Too many people on this forum, who like to complain about people not doing enough at EF. Whether it's the board, the manager, the players, the trust. When infact, these same people are doing nothing themselves! Yes, the model is the same as Stirling Albion's. The more folk who sign up & pledge, the more chance to get rid of Rankine & the more of a budget we'll have for the team. Otherwise, there won't be a club to support. The easy bit is to sit in front of a keyboard complaining. We need as many as possible, who care about, support, or have an interest to step up now, when we're struggling.

To paraphrase JFK, Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club.

I think fans in general, probably complain when things are  not going well at their respective clubs. In EF's case this season, there have  been concerns shown by the majority of complaining fans of the potential demise of the club to the Lowland League. Personally ,as a fan , I think that those complaints/concerns are  justifiable.

With regard to the potential takeover, I personally find it strange the Rankine has neither said yeh or ney to the offer. The sum involved is not exactly astronomical and the fact that he has not said yeh would hazzard my guess as being neh.

Fans I have spoken to seem quite happy to commit to a pledge but only if the Society is successful in its bid. Their argument is : why shouid I pay for something that may not happen.? Again I know fans who would consider an upfront lump sum payment should the bid be successful.

Personally I do think that the EF Board should give an opinion.

The club has been on a downward spiral in recent years and I personally wish the bid to be a success,

Excellent news that Rankine has indicated that after 20 years he has indicated that he wishes to sell his shares to the EF Supporters Society at the price offered by the Society.

Hopefully his desire is actually legally agreed in writing and the supporters give the green light for the takeover to take place.

18 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Excellent news that Rankine has indicated that after 20 years he has indicated that he wishes to sell his shares to the EF Supporters Society at the price offered by the Society.

Hopefully his desire is actually legally agreed in writing and the supporters give the green light for the takeover to take place.

If true - someone needs to say to have it in black and white and revealed his suition and he's willing to sell his part or his assiotate part within the football club once and for all giving the Livingston situation he'll more likely want to sue or take it to legal action via courts again known it's in his gene to recover ever penny of that business, all businessman seem to do this.

As for today's result not so good - very concerning.

If we can't afford to sack McDonald he should do the right thing and walk.

Despite the money problems he is majorly underachieving, no plan, no fight, no clue ! 

The product on the park is brutal and we have Stenhousemuir to look forward to next week.

thank f*** Rory McAllister put that penalty in.

If we can't afford to sack Toro from his position he was given the easy choice by the bod since he took over from craw if I can remember and given the result, other results from team below us with most of the teams have a game in hand then it should be red lights in terms of were in danger of going to the reality given everyone's strengthen and we add a kid fae hibs in plus sign our own kid and be in position we find ourselves in where we're not out of relegation dogfight either and we look out shadow of ourselves on the park, fans dweling with their feet at the moment and it must be a warning sign given the result today that this guy should of been sacked at Dunbar never mind can we afford to sack him...football a result business but if we're continue to back this guy your lunatic and much laughable as the ones that put McDonald in that position in the first place.

I'm a season ticket holder I don't think I have much faith what next season holds if he still there as our manager and plus I don't have much faith tempting to put in any money unless their changes at all levels within the club or even to support this buy out fund what's if we drop to LL right do we continue to support this cause known we can't get out the LL like most teams do struggle as we have seen I think we're really in dire shape and we haven't been like this since Jim moffat era but instead of signing Paddy Kelly were signing under 20 kids to fill the void as the same way we can't part company to a manager that failed at Stirling and now us, he's really assisted manager but time is up we need a new direction not just the ownership thing but on the park too.

22 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Has been the case for a few weeks now. There is good reason not to go public with the news until it's signed, but it appears to be out in the open now. 

I would ask any fan/supporter with east fife at heart to contribute what they can. Doesn't need to be a lot, but to be part of the future. We all know where the clubs heading if we dont. It's time for us all to stand up and be counted & not to expect others to instead. 

Sorry to sound a bit brave heart, but it's time. 

15 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

If we can't afford to sack McDonald he should do the right thing and walk.

The right thing is paying the guy what he's contractually owed. Stop being silly expecting people employed by your club to give any sort of shite about "moral compass" bullshit like this. 

Edited by The Moonster

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The right thing is paying the guy what he's contractually owed. Stop being silly expecting people employed by your club to give any sort of shite about "moral compass" bullshit like this. 

Greig McDonald goes back a long way with East Fife and the fans. A true fan favourite as a player and virtually a one club player the belief is their that he cares deeply about the club and not a regular jobber or mercenary actor.

Just a wee bit background for you Moonster.

1 minute ago, Beachcomber said:

Greig McDonald goes back a long way with East Fife and the fans. A true fan favourite as a player and virtually a one club player the belief is their that he cares deeply about the club and not a regular jobber or mercenary actor.

Just a wee bit background for you Moonster.

A true fan favourite, yet here are the fans saying "gonny just f**k off without taking the money you're owed"?

Treat the guy with respect and pay him what he's due rather than trying to guilt him out your club with this "right thing" nonsense (and the right thing is to pay the guy off, you know, in line with the laws of the country). 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

A true fan favourite, yet here are the fans saying "gonny just f**k off without taking the money you're owed"?

Treat the guy with respect and pay him what he's due rather than trying to guilt him out your club with this "right thing" nonsense (and the right thing is to pay the guy off, you know, in line with the laws of the country). 

We maybe could've afforded to pay him off if we hadn't been bounced out of the Cup by 6th  tier Dunbar Utd 🤔

23 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

We maybe could've afforded to pay him off if we hadn't been bounced out of the Cup by 6th  tier Dunbar Utd 🤔

Okay. Your board made decisions to back him at the start of the season with a marquee signing, if they don't have sufficient funds to get rid of him when it goes wrong it's not McDonalds fault.