The East Fife Thread

Even with only 4 signed we have a better team than last year so I'd advise against it, each to their own though!

You think?

Lost our two best players, Muir and Smith.

Brought in boys that were deemed not good enough for Brechin and Stirling Albion.

I hope the Utogan guys are class, or we'll really struggle.

I had read somewhere that Gary Thom's agent is Kevin Drinkell? I might be wrong.

Smashing lad is Gary and pretty handy as a static defender (he's a great header of the ball, despite his stature) but he is prone to some outrageous mistakes.

Won the hearts of the nation last season after kicking Ian Black really hard in the chest.

You think?

Lost our two best players, Muir and Smith.

Brought in boys that were deemed not good enough for Brechin and Stirling Albion.

I hope the Utogan guys are class, or we'll really struggle.

Muir I agree with, would have him in a heartbeat, Darren Smith however, he is a good player at this level but I'm sure we can find better, plus he's getting on a bit, we need a new fresh approach which I have every confidence in the new board and management will provide!

You have confidence in a board that have lied to you already telling you players had signed for next season when they are not?

Each to their own.

2 players who quite frankly aren't good enough so I think I can let it slip.

Plus the board said they had agreed to sign, at no point did they say that those in question had signed a contract.

As much as I would have liked Smith and Brown to stay I think we needed a massive clear out. The squad we had last year on paper should have been nowhere near relegation, as much as we want to blame Billy Brown and the early months of the season with no manager, ultimately the players let us and themselves down big time.

Atleast Stoney wont be playing against Alloa on his own now.

2 players who quite frankly aren't good enough so I think I can let it slip.

Plus the board said they had agreed to sign, at no point did they say that those in question had signed a contract.

If these guys weren't good enough for us then I'm a bit confused as to how someone who wasn't good enough for Third Division Stirling will be.

As for the Novo thing it seems like another far fetched rumour, the reality is we're signing players released for the Second and Third Divisions.

Andrews is a decent enough signing for you but is probably no better than Brown. When he was on-loan to us 3 season ago, he came with a massive reputaion from Falkirk Youth Set Up and Billy Stark. He really looked the part for most of the season behind a pretty woeful Defence (the story of our last 3 seasons) however come the last month or so really.......looked average. The same thing happened with him at Montrose, but it went to such exteremes that he ended up finishing the season as number 2, and you're probably better placed than me to say how he done at Brechin last season.

He's a keeper with ability, has he shown that ability enough over the past few years.....probably not in the grand scheme of things.

Your judging Thom before he's even kicked a ball for us. Exactly why guys won't sign for east fife.

It's not uncommon to judge a player based on things he's already done in his football career.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Thom to be a great player for us, but I find it a bit funny when fans are happy to say that some of our current players weren't good enough (and they might well be right) but find it acceptable that we're bringing in players that seemingly aren't good enough for clubs around and below us.

No no no please for feck sake not Novo,Hes a little twat that will be more interested in the plaudits he receives from the peeeeple when we are at The Big Hoose than trying to beat them.

Craig Johnstone and Ross Brown both confirmed on the Official Website, so....

Number of Days Number of Signed/Registered Players

40 6