The East Fife Thread

It's on the boys twitter page.

I know this sounds daft, as Stoney is one of the parties involved, but "the boy's twitter page" is hardly an Official announcement is it???

U saying he just put it up for something to do or attention seeking or u just a bell end

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Can't you read fannybawz, what I'm saying is one side of a party making a declartion on twitter does not an Official Announcement make!!!

Will you be at the Hearts game???

We must have some of the most pedantic and negative support in the country. Who cares if the website isn't updated.

There are obviously going to be 'bullshit' rumours but that is the joy of pre season.

Now away out and get some fresh air instead of pressing F5 on your computer.

Please explain how that is negative? Because I choose not to believe East Fife are signing Nuno Gomes, Darren Dods & Messi, I'm simply fed up of 'bullshit' rumours, I'd rather know who we have actually signed.

Our summer last season was all rumours and talk, that worked out well.

erm right and wrong poet

A. Players transfered between teams and bosmans come in 1st of july unless rules are different i.e a foreign league or clubs agreed a certain date to ratify

B. Players that are classed as free agents (i.e already been released or free since winter) can sign and register from June 10th

C. Domestic loan deals can be sanctioned now not that anyone is bothering ;)

so not entirely wrong but there ya go hope it helps

I had always believed that part-time contracts, and possibly a few full-time contracts as well, ran out mid-May, which would enable to most transfers outside the SPL to be registered as soon as the SFA registration window opens in June. Then again, I might be completely wrong.

erm right and wrong poet

A. Players transfered between teams and bosmans come in 1st of july unless rules are different i.e a foreign league or clubs agreed a certain date to ratify

B. Players that are classed as free agents (i.e already been released or free since winter) can sign and register from June 10th

C. Domestic loan deals can be sanctioned now not that anyone is bothering ;)

so not entirely wrong but there ya go hope it helps

I had always believed that part-time contracts, and possibly a few full-time contracts as well, ran out mid-May, which would enable to most transfers outside the SPL to be registered as soon as the SFA registration window opens in June. Then again, I might be completely wrong.

The window opened on Sunday 9th June. Thereafter you can sign anyone who is club-less, whether they are out of contract, Bosman, free agents, formally released, loans or otherwise. End of story. I'm not conscious of any reason why a transfer between clubs couldn't go through now either though it's possible there's an SPL rule on the subject?

You cannot sign new youth players until July 1st though because the 2012/13 youth season doesn't finish until June 30th.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

contracts run out in may clubs release could be classed technically as free agents so youd be right ;)

Edited by GFARAB82

Just watched the footage of the question and answer session. Seems like a lot of people have blown some of the stuff well out of proportion. A squad of 14, made up to 24 with 10 full time youth players. And it sounds like we're going with 5 or 6 full time pros and the rest being part time - mostly made up of the players we're re-signing from last season.

It's different anyway and it could work out quite well. Still depends on a lot of factors. But depending on how much real quality there is among the young players and what the standard of full timers we can get is, it could be a good model for a club of East Fife's size.

Lee Murray was saying that Michael Brown, Craig Johnstone, Darren Smith and Liam Gormley have agreed to sign. I'm happy to re-sign all of them. Brown's a really good keeper for this level, Stonie's had a great year and Smith is a fantastic 2nd division player. Gormely didn't get too much playing time but I think he showed more than enough, so that if he just works on a couple of parts of his game, he'll be a good player to have.

Just watched the footage of the question and answer session. Seems like a lot of people have blown some of the stuff well out of proportion. A squad of 14, made up to 24 with 10 full time youth players. And it sounds like we're going with 5 or 6 full time pros and the rest being part time - mostly made up of the players we're re-signing from last season.

It's different anyway and it could work out quite well. Still depends on a lot of factors. But depending on how much real quality there is among the young players and what the standard of full timers we can get is, it could be a good model for a club of East Fife's size.

Lee Murray was saying that Michael Brown, Craig Johnstone, Darren Smith and Liam Gormley have agreed to sign. I'm happy to re-sign all of them. Brown's a really good keeper for this level, Stonie's had a great year and Smith is a fantastic 2nd division player. Gormely didn't get too much playing time but I think he showed more than enough, so that if he just works on a couple of parts of his game, he'll be a good player to have.

Hope these stories are not 'bullshit' now.

Would be delighted if Brown stayed he is a very good goalkeeper who was ousted in January, wrongly in my opinion. I like Darren Smith too and Stonie and Gormley give us some stability. We need a settled defence unlike last season where it was changes nearly every week.

We haven't had a look at the youth players very much but there must be a few decent players in there who deserve a chance, who was the last player to progress from our youth team?

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Hope these stories are not 'bullshit' now.

Would be delighted if Brown stayed he is a very good goalkeeper who was ousted in January, wrongly in my opinion. I like Darren Smith too and Stonie and Gormley give us some stability. We need a settled defence unlike last season where it was changes nearly every week.

We haven't had a look at the youth players very much but there must be a few decent players in there who deserve a chance, who was the last player to progress from our youth team?

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Brown never got a fair shake because of the condition of the loan of Antell, personally feel Darren smith is the guy we need to build around in the middle of the park...talk over here in America is that Colin Samuel will be coming to the MLS

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Can't even remember. Most of the young guys we sign come from other clubs, like Div Muir from Dunferlmine. I think the suggestion was that Wille Atchison has good contacts and knowledge of youth football so should be able to sign up a few decent players.

Good on East Fife if it all comes off. Some call it madness but it is actually a case of a club showing ambition.

In the cold light of day , East Fife , like a few others have realised that armageddon for the smaller clubs might not be that far away . In a way it makes sense to try and make the best out of the resources you have to ensure you finish as high up the pecking order as possible when the SPL axe inevitably falls .