The East Fife Thread

Pleased with this singing. Gary Naysmith certainly seems to be making all the right signings so far. I just hope Gary can get them all to gel together during the pre-season and friendlies. At the moment, except for Kev Rutkiewicz, it is looking like a very, very young squad for us so maybe a few experienced players will be good.

Would you really be disappointed if Rooney was our starting keeper???

Also what about Naysmith at left Back, I still reckon that if he gets a full pre-season under his belt (which he didn't have last year) and even at the age of 35 he would still be the best LB in the bottom two divisions, you don't get 46 International Caps for f**k-all you know!!!

Apparently Naysmith has said he has no intentions of playing this year. Even tho he'd stroll through this league. As for Rooney, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. He certainly has the capability and a good pre-season would be great for him. But we still need competition and an experienced head for Rooney to learn from would be ideal.

Should of kept Paterson IMO, unless he wanted to leave. Thought he was terrific at points last season and kept us in games.

Apparently Naysmith has said he has no intentions of playing this year. Even tho he'd stroll through this league. As for Rooney, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. He certainly has the capability and a good pre-season would be great for him. But we still need competition and an experienced head for Rooney to learn from would be ideal.

Should of kept Paterson IMO, unless he wanted to leave. Thought he was terrific at points last season and kept us in games.

True, we definitely need another keeper, for cover if nothing else, but I think it is just because that Rooney is and also looks so young (he looked about 12 on the cover of the Stirling Albion programme) that people say we need an older more experienced keeper. Personally I think I saw enough of him in those last three games to say that he can potentially become a better keeper than Paterson next season!!!

And if what you're saying about Naysmith is true, then thats a real shame, like you said he would stroll through League 2 next season, unless it is injury related, remember he lost nearly two years of career for Everton and Scotland with a ankle injuries and also has had medial and cruciate ligament injuries in his time so it could just be that his body is too battered, but if it isn't then that is a damnable waste of resources!!!

Look for Mcaleer's goal against Dunfermline at EEP good player and very disappointed to lose him

http://www.parstv.co.uk/upload/20140118airdrie.mp4

Good goal, unfortunately no timer, but it's about an inch and a half along the bar along the bottom!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Cracking signing, will be a standout in this league. Very happy with that signing. Also used to score a barrow load in my Stranraer team on Football Manager.

Chuffed with the standard of signings we are getting in.

He was a good player last season no doubts and getting him on loan from Partick was a great move on Bollan's part.

Losing out on Mcaleer isn't a surprise to me I dont believe we will have too dissimilar a budget and when it comes to part time football a few pound doesn't make a difference when it comes to things like work, travel, digs etc.

Cook was rotten at Airdrie but obviously had a great spell with Arbroath if you have them both playing to their potential they will be two of the best wingers in the division no doubts

-----Goalkeeper

Right back - Campbell - Moyes - Left back

McAleer - Brown - Walker - Cook

-----------McShane - Smith

Bawhair away from a starting eleven.

Forgetting Rutkiewikcz too. Moyes and Campeball can both play at full back.

Forgetting Rutkiewikcz too. Moyes and Campeball can both play at full back.

Would rather they didn't play full-back to be honest. Would rather bring in 2 new, decent, natural full-backs. Naysmith is one but I think he has made it clear enough already that he is not interested in playing next season, which is a shame. Couple of full-backs, one more CM, winger and GK is pretty much all we need now.