The East Fife Thread

No probs, its maybe something we can do next season as a matter of course, put the manager's & captain's comments on the interweb the week following a game. Easy done but my first thought is that there are a dozen or so annual subscribers to The Bayview that should be able to read anything in it before it goes on line. That means probably Wednesday which then makes it old hat! The post match comments are all on line before that. With regards to EFM its up to Scott if he has space to put stuff like that in. Scott is excellent at promoting the club & I'm sure if he felt that speaking to the chairman just now was news worthy, he would do it

Any news is good news Liam and I'm sure putting the Chairman's, Manager's and Captain's comments up on the website, on a Wednesday with all the additional media links to it would be a good start towards examples of open communication from the Club!!!

As for the EFM, I wasn't thinking a weekly comments section but more the fact that that example you put up was a Season-ending round-up and a hint towards forward planning, perhaps that would be something that Scott would/should have seen as newsworthy!!!

Don't mean to harp on, but you did ask for it, you did want suggestions on what and how the Club can do more to promote themselves!!![emoji6]

And the very fact that we're having this dialogue shows that the Club will listen!!![emoji1303]

As Laura said above we are keen to promote everything where we can but will only do so when things are confirmed such as a player agreeing terms or the registration of the player has been accepted by the SFA, we don't want another Nuno Gomes situation do we?  ;-)

Greig spence linked with arbroath as he’s goin back part time,can we not make an offer 

I see Spence has now today been officially told to "do one" by Raith and hasn't been offered a contract, so he is now up for grabs!!!

As Laura said above we are keen to promote everything where we can but will only do so when things are confirmed such as a player agreeing terms or the registration of the player has been accepted by the SFA, we don't want another Nuno Gomes situation do we?  ;-)

I don't know, any news is good news!!![emoji1]

Can somebody enlighten me on what happened to aftn ?

The guy that ran it, Mike McColl moved to Vancouver & now runs AFTN as a Whitecaps podcast thingy I think

Sure you can still access the old posts though, it would be a shame to lose them!!!
The "Bygone Levenmouth" one alone should be printed out and gifted to local museums and libraries!!![emoji23]

Duggan going to Ayr is the latest I'm hearing, if it's true I'd rather that than him going to that gang along the road!!!

1 hour ago, T-zero said:

Not sure if Darren smith has signed a new contract with Stirling but he would be a brilliant signing seeing as duggans pretty much away

Was he not their top goalscorer season just finished there? netting 25 goals in all competitions and 22 in Ladbrokes League 2. according to their website they are still to "offer a contract" but that goal ratio is pretty good going.

Well worth looking at in the leagues below....!!

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
Edit due to my own spelling mistake.

League Table

PLD W D L GD PTS
Dundee United
6 5 1 0 23 16
East Fife
6 5 1 0 15 16
Cove Rangers
7 4 1 2 13 13
Dunfermline Athletic
5 4 0 1 10 12
Inverness City
7 4 0 3 6 12
Aberdeen F.C Ladies U23s
5 3 0 2 12 9
Westdyke Ladies
6 3 0 3 -11 9
Raith Rovers
6 2 0 4 -10 6
Deveronvale Ladies
7 2 0 5 -21 6
Dee Ladies
6 1 1 4 -9 4
Buchan
5 0 2 3 -5 2
Stirling University Development
6 0 0 6 -23

East Fife Ladies play Raith Rovers Ladies at King George Park on Sunday 13 May 12.30 kick-off.

3/1 on cove on skybet this morning. By all accounts I heard cowden should have been buried last week. Crazy odds in my opinion bet 365 have suspended the market. I’ve lumped my piggy bank on it ????

You can still get 11/5 on Bet365.

Squad for Match Day (Minus 63)
???
???, Kane, Page, Linton
???, Slattery, Docherty, ???
Smith, ???
Subs: Young?

18 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

What’s the scoop on Duggan?

Scored against us a few times but is he Championship quality?

It's difficult to tell. He's a good player, but I don't think we got the most from him as he was perpetually isolated since he came here, we have a horrendous habit of playing 4-2-3------------------1.

Ah well, up come the Stennie!!!
Not many long journeys to away games next season, but no "Red Pudding Derbies" either!!!
Maybe we can put a bid in for McAllister now!!!

16 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Ah well, up come the Stennie!!!
Not many long journeys to away games next season, but no "Red Pudding Derbies" either!!!
Maybe we can put a bid in for McAllister now!!!

McAllister is only 900 a week