The East Fife Thread

Tbh I think our squad isnt great at all bar the two new full backs in Williamson and McCann. The rest are meh, I think McKay will turn out to be another Durnan, Nesbitt and Mcguffie I think won't be consistent, Hetherington? and Ross who couldn't get a game at Cove. We still don't have a decent striker, Keena is injured again and Dowds I don't rate at all.( I wish you would take him back) Yes we may have spent money on wages, length of contract but we are also about 5 players short of better quality than what we have. We are now looking at a loan kid striker from Aberdeen who hasn't scored a goal and a rookie coach nobody really wanted bar the board and Holt. Car crash season again? Don't be surprised the divide between the fans and board is wider than ever. 

The board is excellent

Wreh was playing tonight in a 15 - 0 win over Burntisland  Shipyard..Did not score.

Unfortunately Danny Swanson was very badly injured with a knee injury which had to be put in a brace. Off for a scan tomorrow.A big miss .

Edited by sammytroot
amendment

On 30/06/2021 at 21:02, Exiled Fifer said:

I fully agree. Lack of a proven goalscorer up front could prove costly if the number of missed chances last night Is an omen for the coming season.  If anything were to happen to either (or both) Wallace or Smith then we are up the proverbial creek coz I can’t see where goals are going come from. 

prove me wrong please.

Re above! Tonight’s friendly East Fife 15 Burntisland Shipyard 0 and EF missed a barryload of chances as well. Still apprehensive about the upcoming league 1 season.

The injury to Swanson is brutal. Wait for the results but it doesn't sound great. Wish him the best in his recovery. Not to sound too callous, but from out point of view I'd imagine that's a substantial wage that we can't utilise either. Starting to get a wee bit concerned about this season. 

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

1 player who has not featured in any pre season friendly is the very promising Liam Newton.He is still contracted to May 2022.Any idea where he is?

He got injured early on in the restart in middle of June. I think it will be a few weeks before you will see him.

We’ve gone a bit quiet on any new signings coming in. I have to say that on paper I think the squad looks weaker than last season so hopefully we are still in the market for a couple of quality additions as well as utilising the loan market.