The East Fife Thread

Was at the Dumbarton game today more in hope than anticipation but when I saw the team sheet at the start and was told that Balde has been sold to Arbroath in the Jan window, I felt like getting back on the bus. We have absolutely no strength on our left side which has been highlighted from the start of the season and that is where most of the danger comes from. There is no passion in this side and virtually no strike force. Scott tries hard but is not a striker and his first touch is poor and they are relying too much on Jack Healy who despite being marked by two players every time he got the ball he had a good game and Ferguson in midfield also received pass marks but the rest were poor by not able to string two passes together. The concerning thing is that we have played against better teams and won but I feel that the Sons did not have to work too hard to win today. I also feel that the two loanees, Taylor Steven and Liam Parker are not enhancing the team and should be sent back and a strong left back and big centre forward needs to be found. I have no doubt that Greig knows this and sympathise with his dilemma as who is going to come to a struggling team in the second division. Sorry to say this but it reeks of the same scenario that Stevie found himself in at this time last year, and we all know how that turned out.

On 24/12/2022 at 21:11, Taxi41 said:

Worst performing team in the league, manager clueless, team selection week on week beggars belief. Steele was decent last outing, for a change, then on the bench!

Some will say 3 points from 3rd, but it's 3 points from 9th and most teams have some shape of form. Slowly sliding to lowland league, no decent player will touch the club. Dictation of loan players playing status needs to cease. 

This is most what is reality. I really hope 2023 gets me excited!

3 hours ago, Seeker said:

I don’t think that formation will be any better for you.

Yeah it’s certainly dull being an east fife supporter! Thanks for rubbing it in…

So jealous that yous have linn etc aswell and punching above weight in the championship anything better than what we archived in 96’ and finishing 5th in L1 most of the time.

19 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Even though 20’s game last night was a friendly, still thought somebody might have made the effort to post the score. It’s the only ray of hope from Bayview cos they occasionally win a game.

2 nil victory to East Fife. 

5 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

A lot of positivity coming from Forfar fans re appointment of McKinnon as manager. Maybe a lesson for our directors to not just take the easy way out of appointing someone already on the staff.

I heard a story from another East Fife fan.A few managers ago the East Fife directors were interviewing for the managers job.An applicant came in and said what he needed for the club to be successful.He was supposedly told that EastFife couldn’t do that.The applicant then supposedly said their is no point in me being here and got up and left and it was rumoured he was in for less than 5mins.It was rumoured to be Dick Campbell who went to Arbroath and is still there.Could it be the club has no ambition.

6 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

A lot of positivity coming from Forfar fans re appointment of McKinnon as manager. Maybe a lesson for our directors to not just take the easy way out of appointing someone already on the staff.

Did Forfar not lose at home to Elgin, keeping them below East Fife in the league?

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Did Forfar not lose at home to Elgin, keeping them below East Fife in the league?

They lost to Elgin yesterday but whatever happened to Forfar from being bottom of league that they did the right thing in removing a clueless manager for experience manager and now they are off the bottom of league.

as for us I dunno where we are heading and we’re out of form, our best loanee has just signed permanently with Arbroath. Like Troy said the club remains un-ambition to be able to go back to league 1 while clubs like Queen’s Park etc have overtaken us up the pyramid being a part time club of promoting players it seems.

Greig Mc Donald should be judged on who he brings in during the window. ( By the way , how nonsensical is it to be able to bring in players only during a 31 day period in January. Why not revert to anyone, anytime?) The Chairman has released a Statement in which he appreciates the ramifications  of the club finishing bottom the league.  Consequently , it is up to the BoD to find resources to support the manager. It was the BoD  which after all, set the guidelines of going for younger 

players.

There are a few whispers concerning a former player returning as Player Manager, a former loanee returning, and a current player attracting the attention of a Premier club. 

The BOD get a lot of flack , some of it justified, especially in the last 15 months for some of their decision making. No one however can dispute their commitment to the club.

As fans , we all moan about Managers , players, and the BOD. No one seems to criticize the owner. He has owned the club for 20 years, has never put a penny into the day to day running of the club, and has asset stripped the club with regard to the sale of the club. The club will never progress until he is gone.

On 24/12/2022 at 21:11, Taxi41 said:

Worst performing team in the league, manager clueless, team selection week on week beggars belief. Steele was decent last outing, for a change, then on the bench!

Some will say 3 points from 3rd, but it's 3 points from 9th and most teams have some shape of form. Slowly sliding to lowland league, no decent player will touch the club. Dictation of loan players playing status needs to cease. 

Rabin Omar, is that you?

16 hours ago, troy said:

I heard a story from another East Fife fan.A few managers ago the East Fife directors were interviewing for the managers job.An applicant came in and said what he needed for the club to be successful.He was supposedly told that EastFife couldn’t do that.The applicant then supposedly said their is no point in me being here and got up and left and it was rumoured he was in for less than 5mins.It was rumoured to be Dick Campbell who went to Arbroath and is still there.Could it be the club has no ambition.

I heard a story that Dick Rowe, of Decca records, turned down 4 young musicians from Liverpool in 1962!

15 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Like Troy said the club remains un-ambition to be able to go back to league 1 while clubs like Queen’s Park etc have overtaken us up the pyramid being a part time club of promoting players it seems.

I’m not sure if you are suggesting that Queens Park are a part-time club who promote youth players and this is what has led to their recent success or if you are using that to describe East Fife. If it’s the former it probably couldn’t be further from the truth. They are full-time and have been splashing the cash like naebdys business to propel themselves up the leagues. 

6 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Greig Mc Donald should be judged on who he brings in during the window. ( By the way , how nonsensical is it to be able to bring in players only during a 31 day period in January. Why not revert to anyone, anytime?) The Chairman has released a Statement in which he appreciates the ramifications  of the club finishing bottom the league.  Consequently , it is up to the BoD to find resources to support the manager. It was the BoD  which after all, set the guidelines of going for younger 

players.

There are a few whispers concerning a former player returning as Player Manager, a former loanee returning, and a current player attracting the attention of a Premier club. 

The BOD get a lot of flack , some of it justified, especially in the last 15 months for some of their decision making. No one however can dispute their commitment to the club.

As fans , we all moan about Managers , players, and the BOD. No one seems to criticize the owner. He has owned the club for 20 years, has never put a penny into the day to day running of the club, and has asset stripped the club with regard to the sale of the club. The club will never progress until he is gone.

Rumours nearly true Scott Agnew has returned as player coach maybe be manager soon if results continue in free fall.