The East Fife Thread

A very one-sided game this afternoon, especially after the sending off. All three goals resulted after individual errors on the part of EF, the 2 nd by McManus,  the third by Comerford. The first one came straight after EF nearly opened the scoring, Motherwell up the park, slack defending and a scuffed shot…….goal.

Nobody except the ref seems to know why Page was sent off, in addition to the quick goals, the game was over.by half time. Despite all that,  a good defensive display in the second half but in all honesty Well took their foot off the gas as well. Hope the injuries to Easton, Pat and Fash clear up quickly and it’s on league business from next week. 

Oh, I do like fish.

If Easton & Slattery are injured & Page is suspended, we still have options in centre of defence. Could be the chance for Comerford to stake his claim, alongside Murdoch.

I think Easton will miss quite a few games this season with injuries, lets face it he wouldn't have cone to league 2 otherwise.

Not panicking yet.

15 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

If Easton & Slattery are injured & Page is suspended, we still have options in centre of defence. Could be the chance for Comerford to stake his claim, alongside Murdoch.

I think Easton will miss quite a few games this season with injuries, lets face it he wouldn't have cone to league 2 otherwise.

Not panicking yet.

Pat has broken a bone in his leg near his ankle according to the interview while Easton shouldn't be too bad and maybe make Saturday.

Echoes of the early part of last season yesterday. Looked like a team of boys getting out muscled all game. No aggression in the team at all apart from Walls but the yellow card killed that off. No link between the midfield and forward totally made Fash ineffective. Mcmannus should have done better with his two chances but at least he was getting in position and got the shots away, unlike Trouten who seems to want to walk the ball in to the net. 

Nowhere for Greig to hide this season, that was his team on the pitch and the lack of fight was worrying. I'm hoping it was a one off and the home form hoodoo doesn't strike again.

To be fair to Peterhead, they looked useful up front and maybe not as bad as their form last season suggests. 

4 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Echoes of the early part of last season yesterday. Looked like a team of boys getting out muscled all game. No aggression in the team at all apart from Walls but the yellow card killed that off. No link between the midfield and forward totally made Fash ineffective. Mcmannus should have done better with his two chances but at least he was getting in position and got the shots away, unlike Trouten who seems to want to walk the ball in to the net. 

Nowhere for Greig to hide this season, that was his team on the pitch and the lack of fight was worrying. I'm hoping it was a one off and the home form hoodoo doesn't strike again.

To be fair to Peterhead, they looked useful up front and maybe not as bad as their form last season suggests. 

Agreed.

We were outplayed yesterday . A combination of Peterhead playing very well and us playing really poor.

A big season for Greig. I fear this team is no where near the level of Darren’s team that was pushing for play-offs in the league above - on the same budget -not so long ago.

Feel like we should be playing murdoch and pat slattery at full backs again with Easton and page as centre back pairing despite docherty been raved how good he’s earn a place and newton getting bullied on the other side but then again murdoch not a right back? But was he not played there before steele was shifted to right back last season.

maybe opportunity play millar ahead mcmanus there and play walls Central with Healy and nicol out wide and Shepherd and fash up top.

4-4-2 is just thought. We had fash back at most corners on Saturday defended aswell I thought it was me that noticed that or have missed the point?

10 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Feel like we should be playing murdoch and pat slattery at full backs again with Easton and page as centre back pairing despite docherty been raved how good he’s earn a place and newton getting bullied on the other side but then again murdoch not a right back? But was he not played there before steele was shifted to right back last season.

maybe opportunity play millar ahead mcmanus there and play walls Central with Healy and nicol out wide and Shepherd and fash up top.

4-4-2 is just thought. We had fash back at most corners on Saturday defended aswell I thought it was me that noticed that or have missed the point?

Agree with your points apart from Pat at left back ( Pat has also broken his leg).

Saturday was maybe a game too much  for Docherty, wouldn't be surprised to see  Murdo at right back  on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Agree with your points apart from Pat at left back ( Pat has also broken his leg).

Saturday was maybe a game too much  for Docherty, wouldn't be surprised to see  Murdo at right back  on Saturday.

I cant see us getting far with McManus and Trouten in a middle 2. Not enough energy there and McManus has no pace. We've been 4-3-3 for a while and it's worked well. This whole idea of getting Fash and Shepherd playing together up top isn't helping the rest of the team formation wise. We need another attacking midfielder like Fergie.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4644346/east-fife-supporters-society-fornalise-bid/

Excellent news!!!

Finally a cohesive plan to get rid of the albatross that has been around our necks for far too long!!!