The East Fife Thread

On 24/08/2023 at 13:46, Beachcomber said:

I brought this up pre-season and was told Brogan was our man.

I personally still think that Brogan is the man to fill Ferguson’s position but we’ll have to wait until Greg actually plays him there to find out!!!

My view since the league cup greig still is to find his best 11 I dunno that’s my take on this early stages. But if brogan the man should we not be using him, Healy, shepherd, shiavone, fash, page etc within the first 11.

elsewhere taylor stevens joined Alloa made some contribution last year thought he wasn’t bad off the bench either but he’s made step up onloan.

6 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

My view since the league cup greig still is to find his best 11 I dunno that’s my take on this early stages. But if brogan the man should we not be using him, Healy, shepherd, shiavone, fash, page etc within the first 11.

elsewhere taylor stevens joined Alloa made some contribution last year thought he wasn’t bad off the bench either but he’s made step up onloan.

We also had Aiden Denholm playing wide or up top last season. He played CDM for Hearts against Rosenberg and was superb. Starting to think our management team are blind. Walls and Healy are our 2 creators and need to play every game. Healy needs to be on the left with Newton behind and Walls needs to be central. I'd honestly drop Fash at this stage and stick to players who ended last season well. 

We need 6 points next 2 games or we will be chasing the pack all season just like last. 

The problem as I see it is the manager is the weakest link.How many times do we see players playing wide and looking out of position.When the games not going our way no changes are made.The squad has not been improved since close season by signing better players.

Does yesterday result a cause for concern or are we in a bad way and it’s not even September or January yet? What’s the rest of us thinking? to me getting a draw to Stranraer and Elgin is a worry if I’m looking at home games wasn’t at Elgin but I look at it is still poor reminds me of season we were under when we were protesting for a certain brown to be removed years this season turning out to be but I don’t want be negative still think greig doesn’t know what’s his best team is since Peterhead played us off the park and since then it’s went downhill and management quite happy with this squad it is cause for concern.

we go to Dumbarton another place we don’t do well at I won’t be surprised at another 5-0 away from home pish to continue there.

On 28/08/2023 at 18:12, Fifer4Life said:

Should we be starting to ask for Greig's head if we lose on Saturday

The good grace from the play off defeat and the leavue cup group games is gone and this is starting to turn into last season under Crawford

Honestly - confused.

Supporting  EF for 38 years and never been so down- we are awful…. !!

only go to home games now- actually have no hope

My only uplift( really not) bigger clubs than us are in the same trouble -to quote my partner. Of 30 years-“ Why do you go and see EF and come home more depressed than happy”

My answer- darling EF- my youth, my upbringing - my life.- my family “

EF get a fckn grip