The East Fife Thread

21 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

are there any questions you would like me to ask him or topics you would like me to cover with him during the interview? 

What’s his favourite karaoke song? 

50 minutes ago, Lewis7 said:

Any concerns about the keeper after Saturdays performance? 

Didn't cover himself in glory, but he's a young lad playing against Premiership opposition. He'll learn from it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the hospitality vs Brechin City and especially to the fan who gave me the East Fife vs Burnley 2nd leg Texaco Cup programme from 1973...a fantastic gesture and well worth me missing the 3rd goal for! 🙂

16 hours ago, Lewis7 said:

Any concerns about the keeper after Saturdays performance? 

I’m not sure why Alan Fleming not being used as first choice keeper he’s as good as you’ll get at Division 2 level. He was many fans player of the year last year. If memory serves me right when Dick Campbell took over at Arbroath he didn’t fancy Fleming and he was promptly on his way to Montrose. Personally I’d be using Flemings experience and he communicates well with his defenders but I don’t pick the team.

Still think we could do with a striker and it showed on Saturday why shepherd would be better coming off the bench if we rely on fash again. Someone tall and can hold the ball up top would be ideal.

Possibly a right back-centre back type defender but I expect if we are bringing anyone in it'll be someone onloan though st Johnstone didn't use Alex Ferguson I wouldn't be against brining him back in but I guess we are loaded with midfielders.

Afternoon all,

Was through in Dunfermline this morning to meet The Gaffer himself. Easily a record for the least amount of questions I’ve ever asked in an interview, you’ll enjoy my choice of attire as well 😅

Could’ve listened to his life and funny stories all day, you know exactly what you’re getting with him. You’ll find what he has to say about East Fife very interesting, there was no hiding or sugar-coating anything. Above all though, there’s no doubting where this man wants the club to go. I’m all for it. 

Ready to go first thing on Monday morning, I’ll keep you all posted when it’s out!

Notice Nicol hasn’t been shipped off yet, wondering if the Campbell’s have plans for him???

Thought Nichol has looked good in the limited time I've seen him. However, successive managers have hardly picked him, so was surprised to see him kept on. 

Space for a few loan signings. Would've liked to have seen Kyle Connell return had I known he was coming back to league 2, but Clyde probably paying a lot more than we could. 

Alex Ferguson, Dundee's Charlie Reilly, Gibson from Raith & the guy who scored for fun at Hearts b last year are the kind of players I'd ike to see us bring in, sadly I can't see any of them coming to league 2.

51 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Thought Nichol has looked good in the limited time I've seen him. However, successive managers have hardly picked him, so was surprised to see him kept on. 

Space for a few loan signings. Would've liked to have seen Kyle Connell return had I known he was coming back to league 2, but Clyde probably paying a lot more than we could. 

Alex Ferguson, Dundee's Charlie Reilly, Gibson from Raith & the guy who scored for fun at Hearts b last year are the kind of players I'd ike to see us bring in, sadly I can't see any of them coming to league 2.

After seeing him in pre season and the league cup games, I'd be shocked if Lewis Gibson is loaned anywhere.

He's played over 60 games in league one for Queen of the South so I can't see how it would be in anyone's interest to send him to a league two club on loan, albeit one I'd expect to be challenging for the title.

18 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

After seeing him in pre season and the league cup games, I'd be shocked if Lewis Gibson is loaned anywhere.

He's played over 60 games in league one for Queen of the South so I can't see how it would be in anyone's interest to send him to a league two club on loan, albeit one I'd expect to be challenging for the title.

Was speaking to a QoS fan a few months ago in the pub & he was raving about him, he wasn't sure if he was ready for the top of the championship though. 

I'd kept him in mind since then, but if he's getting in Raith's first team, then yes it wouldn't make any sense. 

I wish I was as confident as you about us challenging for the title mind you.