The East Fife Thread

Had a great day out in Methil yesterday. Good attendance, good atmosphere, nice view over to Leven, a classic League 2 mixture of nice football and head-tennis, some pantomimery, and dreadful officiating. Really pleasing to see so many in the crowd with East Fife colours on and see so many faces from the pubs beforehand in the stand for the game. Definitely not the OF fans without the bus fare you see in some other parts of Scotland. Pies were horrific though.

Managed a pretty comprehensive pub crawl of Methil, including heading to three that had shut down (a worrying ratio), and everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Really made to feel welcome. For a town with horrific SIMD stats, it's actually in pretty good nick with some nice architecture.

Hopefully next time our clubs meet it won't be during lockdown.

All the best for the seasons ahead.

Edit: love how so many pubs had Tennent's on tap and also in cans. Not often you see that.

Edited by DiegoDiego

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Had a great day out in Methil yesterday. Good attendance, good atmosphere, nice view over to Leven, a classic League 2 mixture of nice football and head-tennis, some pantomimery, and dreadful officiating. Really pleasing to see so many in the crowd with East Fife colours on and see so many faces from the pubs beforehand in the stand for the game. Definitely not the OF fans without the bus fare you see in some other parts of Scotland. Pies were horrific though.

Managed a pretty comprehensive pub crawl of Methil, including heading to three that had shut down (a worrying ratio), and everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Really made to feel welcome. For a town with horrific SIMD stats, it's actually in pretty good nick with some nice architecture.

Edit: love how so many pubs had Tennent's on tap and also in cans. Not often you see that.

East Dock Bar, Tower Bar and the Brig Tavern are all decent pubs.

You are probably talking about the much missed Bayview Bar being closed.

Is the Purple Cat not still on the go?

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

East Dock Bar, Tower Bar and the Brig Tavern are all decent pubs.

You are probably talking about the much missed Bayview Bar being closed.

Is the Purple Cat not still on the go?

East Dock was great. Tower Bar was shut, as was the Empire and The Bayview (whose sign read "The Purple Cat at the Bayview Bar"). Had a minging pint I didn't finish at The Argyle. Also popped a bit out of the centre for some pool at The Kirkland and finally a pint at The Douglas Arms.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

East Dock was great. Tower Bar was shut, as was the Empire and The Bayview (whose sign read "The Purple Cat at the Bayview Bar"). Had a minging pint I didn't finish at The Argyle. Also popped a bit out of the centre for some pool at The Kirkland and finally a pint at The Douglas Arms.

Disappointed to hear that the Tower Bar is closed. I was there fairly recently.

The Purple Cat was always dodgy as f**k, in an entertaining way. Good that you headed into Methil itself. 

The East Dock Bar is a tremendous boozer.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

You’re keen. For future reference the Mac & Cheese pies at Bayview are magnificent. 👌🏼

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Tower Bar was open before the East Fife Raith game a few weeks ago. 

The decor in the main bar was a mix of Rangers stuff and furniture my gran had in the 80's until you got in the corridor to the toilets where it was all framed Hollywood stars 🤣

Edited by Guest

Great draw for us, as we usually beat them!

Seriously though, should be a decent crowd, espcially with it being a Saturday & an unexpected cash injection.

It'll be the first time I've made an effort for a Challenge cup tie since our trip to Dublin!

On 19/06/2024 at 23:33, Life on Marrs? said:

Great player at this level, got a horrendous injury in play offs, so missed a year of football

If he's back fit, a good signing for you guys.

Sam Denham has played two league cup games for us and has fully ruptured his ACL again - out for the season.

30 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Sam Denham has played two league cup games for us and has fully ruptured his ACL again - out for the season.

This is horrendous for any player. Best of luck to him in his recovery. 

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Sorry to hear that, the guys had a terrible time of it. 

Best of luck, but you do fear if he can come back from a 2nd major injury like that.

6 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Sorry to hear that, the guys had a terrible time of it. 

Best of luck, but you do fear if he can come back from a 2nd major injury like that.

Lewis Vaughan has recovered from four ACLs so hopefully that gives the laddie a bit of hope and inspiration in his recovery.

19 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I wonder if he will get the same support that was given to him by the East FIfe fans? I did hope that would have been enough for him to come back to us as he's a really good player. 

He's still young so hopefully he can recover from this horrible injury. 

I hope Fash scores another belter tomorrow and proves my first game of the season comment as a load of keek! 

Going to be a tricky game tomorrow but confident we can get the 3 points. I also hope there is no goalkeeping blunders but always a risk with young goalie, who will make more great saves than he will mistakes! 

If the game is rubbish at least there is a brilliant pie to take our minds off it. 

Mon the Fife!

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Yes, we are very fortunate he's one of our own.

Definitely he looks unplayable at the minute.Two free kicks very similar from last week to yesterday...🔥🔥🔥