Confederations Cup 2013

Little over 3 weeks until the start of world football's elite tournament, to be held in 6 Brazilian cities in the 2nd half of June: we should really have a thread.

Here are the fixtures and British Summer Time kick-offs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup

Saturday 15th June

(A) Brazil v Japan, 8pm

Sunday 16th June

(A) Mexico v Italy, 8pm

(B) Spain v Uruguay, 11pm

Monday 17th June

(B) Tahiti v Nigeria, 8pm

Tuesday 18th June

Wednesday 19th June

(A) Brazil v Mexico, 8pm

(A) Italy v Japan, 11pm

Thursday 20th June

(B) Spain v Tahiti, 8pm

(B) Nigeria v Urugay, 11pm

Friday 21st June

Saturday 22nd June

(A) Italy v Brazil + Japan v Mexico, 8pm

Sunday 23rd June

(B) Nigeria v Spain + Uruguay v Tahiti, 8pm

Monday 24th June

Tuesday 25th June

Wednesday 26th June

(SF) Winner A v Runner-up B, 8pm

Thursday 27th June

(SF) Winner B v Runner-up A, 8pm

Friday 28th June

Saturday 29th June

Sunday 30th June

3rd/4th Place Play-off, 5pm

Final, 11pm

Spain will be looking to get ahold of the triumverate of Confederations Cup, World Cup and European Championship titles.

A few Scottish-based players will likely be there. So far preliminary squads of Brazil, Italy, Mexico and Nigeria have been announced:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup_squads

Celtic's defender Efe Ambrose and Kilmarnock midfielder Reuben Gabriel both in the reckoning for Nigeria.

Brazil and Mexico have infact confirmed their final 23-man squads. Several English-based players included such as David Luiz, Oscar and Javier Hernandez.

Predictions?

I fancy Spain and Uruguay to comfortably navigate Group B, with Mexico to qualify from Group A alongside Brazil.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uruguay have taken a massive step down since their Copa America win. Brazil, Italy, Spain and Nigeria to qualify with Brazil beating Spain in the final.

We are all Tahiti.

I think Brazil will not qualify from the group, any time I've seen them in friendlies they've looked very average, particularly against Italy recently. And there's some very good teams in that group with them. Might stick a few quid on Mexico to give us a shock and win the tournament. ETA: they're 11/1.

We are all Tahiti.

I think Brazil will not qualify from the group, any time I've seen them in friendlies they've looked very average, particularly against Italy recently. And there's some very good teams in that group with them. Might stick a few quid on Mexico to give us a shock and win the tournament. ETA: they're 11/1.

Brazil in brazil are a different team from what you see in european friendlies

Archived