Worst Ever Sitcom

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How I met your mother is actually quite a clever show. They get some interesting and funny stories by playing with time and perspective which a lot of sitcoms wouldn't even dream on touching. It's picked up on some of the cool stuff Scrubs was doing in it's first 3 or 4 seasons and pushed it even further. Unfortunately like Scrubs, it's started to go down hill in the last few seasons although it's decline is nowhere near as bad as Scrubs imo.

Worst sitcom of all time surely has to go to the sitcom where Hitler and Eva Braun moved in next door to a Jewish family. I can't remember the name of it and it only lasted one episode before someone with a brain noticed it and got rid of it. I swear I'm not making this up...

Heil Honey I'm Home I believe it was called. Think this was just before BSB of squariel fame was bought by Sky.

28 replies in  and no mention of Mrs Brown's Boys? As funny as a visit to an Arbroath clap clinic.

Good shout actually....don't get its "comedy" at all.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I was wasting my life on YouTube as you do and I came across an episode of The Gaffer which I remembered vaguely from childhood.

Absolutely dire but it does remind you just how appalling everything was in 1970s Britain.

Not Going Out has to be one of the worst - BBC comedy used to be pretty good on the whole (Blackadder, Men Behaving Badly, Partridge, Fawlty Towers), but for a few years now it's been hoorish. Outwith that, I'd go for:

Big Bang Theory (just plain fucking annoying) - in fact, more or less any US series shot in that style, so you could add How I Met Your Mother, Whitney, 2 Broke Girls etc...

Mrs Brown's Boys (see my opening comment)

2 Pints of Lager...

That Jasper Carrot programme was a particular shocker, had erased that from my mind until now, so thanks.

2 Broke Girls.

Good shout. Whitney Cummings' other abortion is coming to Comedy Central soon (Whitney), it recently got cancelled by it's American parent network, I hope 2 Broke Girls follows because both are fucking horrendous.

Big Bang Theory (just plain fucking annoying) - in fact, more or less any US series shot in that style, so you could add How I Met Your Mother, Whitney, 2 Broke Girls etc...

Putting BBT and HIMYM in the same sentence as Whitney and 2 Broke Girls is too harsh, no sitcoms are as bad as those two.

2 Broke Girls.

Good shout. Whitney Cummings' other abortion is coming to Comedy Central soon (Whitney), it recently got cancelled by it's American parent network, I hope 2 Broke Girls follows because both are fucking horrendous.

To be fair, it does star Kat Dennings twins

2-broke-girls-109-1.jpg

No mention of "Married for Life" yet? British remake of Married with Children without the jokes.

Highlight was Russ Abbott attempting to escape a restaurant without paying by taking his shoe off and making people smell it.

No mention of "Married for Life" yet? British remake of Married with Children without the jokes.

Highlight was Russ Abbott attempting to escape a restaurant without paying by taking his shoe off and making people smell it.

I watched the whole clip of that...it was painful.

Archived