E cigarettes

My mate got an E-Cigarette a few months ago and I really cant understand why anyone would want to smoke now that these are readily available. The deal he gets means its much cheaper, it is less harmful than a real cigarette (I know you're still putting nicotine in you but less harmful to your lungs etc), it doesnt make you stink of smoke, it looks and smokes like a real cigarette and you can smoke it anywhere you want...unless its an airplane and people freak out.

The only drawback he says is that its too easy to just reach for it for a quick blast and on the flip side of that he can smoke it for as long as he wants so ends up with a nicotine rush.

He was looking to use this as a tool to weaning him off real fags with a view to quitting for good but seems to have just stuck at just using the E-fag but even at that, as I said above, its a lot better than smoking real fags.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be noted that nicotine on it's own has similar properties to caffiene and is no more harmful. Swapping cigarettes for e-cigs will cut out all the nasty chemicals which harm your lungs but you'll still have a nicotine dependency. However, this addiction will be no worse than your coffee habit.

I'm not a smoker but I'd quite like to try them as I've had sisha a few times and enjoyed it. Not sure if it would be worth buying a kit though, as I'd only use it sparingly.

I'm not a smoker but I'd quite like to try them as I've had sisha a few times and enjoyed it.

A proper shisha would be a surprise to a lot of people. Most people think you put "normal" tobacco in them but you don't, it tends to be lighter, more fragrant and nothing like smoking a cigarette or a pipe.

Should be noted that nicotine on it's own has similar properties to caffiene and is no more harmful. Swapping cigarettes for e-cigs will cut out all the nasty chemicals which harm your lungs but you'll still have a nicotine dependency. However, this addiction will be no worse than your coffee habit.

I'm not a smoker but I'd quite like to try them as I've had sisha a few times and enjoyed it. Not sure if it would be worth buying a kit though, as I'd only use it sparingly.

A proper shisha would be a surprise to a lot of people. Most people think you put "normal" tobacco in them but you don't, it tends to be lighter, more fragrant and nothing like smoking a cigarette or a pipe.

Funnily enough, on my mates recommendation, I've ordered a couple of liquids from this mob's Shisha range:

http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-liquids/the-shisha-range

Blue crush and coconut twist are currently winging their way to my place of residence. This excites me more than it probably should, tbf.

Never used the liquid. In Africa you get little cubes you place on top of charcoal that keeps it alight, the tobacco is very wet so needs a constant heat.

Not sure what "Blue crush" is, but Coconut twist sounds rank, imo... :barf

The tobaccos I tried were mostly fruit based. The apple one was very nice.

I bought one in January from Groupon (VIP ECig). They are a very good replacement, but i'm off them now. I think I didn't really want to stop smoking which is why i resorted to the ecig but I used it to break my habbits. For instance, I used to light up a cigarette as soon as I got outside whereas with the ecig I could smoke indoors and I felt it didn't really work for me outdoors so I broke that habbit fairly quickly, I think the "being outside" with nothing in your hands was the habbit I needed to break the most to sucessfully stop and I think the ecig played a big part in replacing that. Anyway...I used the ecig from January to May without touching a single cigarette and am now off the ecig for...2 weeks now :thumsup2

Never used the liquid. In Africa you get little cubes you place on top of charcoal that keeps it alight, the tobacco is very wet so needs a constant heat.

Not sure what "Blue crush" is, but Coconut twist sounds rank, imo... :barf

The tobaccos I tried were mostly fruit based. The apple one was very nice.

Seeing as I don't live in Africa, liquid it is.

"Blue crush" comes highly recommended from my mate, who's opinion I actually respect. Megic.

Haud the fucking bus here.

Ric plays World of Warcraft?

Only when he's not playing Dungeons & Dragons or driving an imaginary artic around the virtual streets of Europe.

I've never really smoked myself, but I have a friend who is currently in the process of quitting and he swears by his E-cig. He does use it quite a lot, but he hasn't touched a real cigarette in around 2 months now.

My sister-in-law and my brother were quitting at the same time a couple of years ago. She used patches, gum and even went to hypnotherapy. My brother just stopped smoking. Everyone is different I suppose, and to be fair she did smoke a lot more than he did.

On a slightly related note, in my dream last night John Frusciante addressed me by name and asked if I could buy him a packet of fags. I asked him what type and he said "surprise me". It was the happiest moment of my life.

Haud the fucking bus here.

Ric plays World of Warcraft?

Only when he's not playing Dungeons & Dragons ...

I play neither. That said, not like old fiddy to be wrong... again... :rolleyes:

Seeing as I don't live in Africa, liquid it is.

You can buy the blocks of tobacco here. Going by your logic you would need to live in Korea to use a Samsung device, or live in Germany to drive a Mercedes.

You can buy the blocks of tobacco here. Going by your logic you would need to live in Korea to use a Samsung device, or live in Germany to drive a Mercedes.

D... don't you? :huh:

My e cigarette has now arrived, complete with a natty wee carry case and 70ml of assorted Shisha liquids!

My non smoking journey has begun*

*even though I'll still be taking part in the action of smoking and ingesting nicotine, but f**k semantics...

My e cigarette has now arrived, complete with a natty wee carry case and 70ml of assorted Shisha liquids!

My non smoking journey has begun*

*even though I'll still be taking part in the action of smoking and ingesting nicotine, but f**k semantics...

Good luck.

What kind did you get?

I've been going through this guys website, getting some info. He reviews all e-cigs, and he also gives out discount codes.

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/index.html

Think I'll be getting this vapourisor. Good reviews.

http://jacvapour.com/review/product/list/id/856/category/15/

Good luck.

What kind did you get?

I've been going through this guys website, getting some info. He reviews all e-cigs, and he also gives out discount codes.

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/index.html

Think I'll be getting this vapourisor. Good reviews.

http://jacvapour.com/review/product/list/id/856/category/15/

Funnily enough, I saw that guy's review on the site I got mine from, ukecigstore...

http://www.ukecigstore.com/electroniccigarette-ecig-TheOneOneKit

That's what I got on my mates recommendation. He's been on them around a month and has been waxing lyrical. I got blue crush and cocount twist e liquids from the Shisha range. There's a "how to" video on the website and all sorts of information. I ordered it on Thursday around 9 pm and it came this morning.

Let me know what you decide on mate.

Alright troops? Apologies if there's already an e cig thread on here, but I couldn't see it.

I've been wanting to stop for ages, but have no willpower at all. My mate got a kit from here:

http://www.ukecigstore.com/electroniccigarette-ecig-TheOneOneKit

.. and hasn't touched a cigarette in over a month. The main reason I want to stop is for my kids, I don't fancy them having an out of breath Dad who stinks of smoke, plus there's the saving as well. Just ordered the above, plus two refills from their Shisha range, coconut twist and blue crush, for a nudge over 50 bangers.

Has anyone else used e cigs? I'm actually looking forward to stopping. I know it's still nicotine. but all the nasty stuff will be cut out, plus I'll save a packet. Jobs a good un.

Good luck trying to stop.

I have been using the ecigs for over a year now and i couldn't praise them enough. I actually stopped smoking 8 years ago but i cannot deny although many people, smokers included find cigarettes disgusting i always loved a smoke even though i would never touch a cigarette again, i don't need to now as with the ecig i get the best of both worlds, as i can smoke the ecig without the harmful chemicals found in fags.

There are better kits available than the one in the link, have a look at the totally wicked website they have many other products, i would reccomend the TORNADO.

Good luck trying to stop.

I have been using the ecigs for over a year now and i couldn't praise them enough. I actually stopped smoking 8 years ago but i cannot deny although many people, smokers included find cigarettes disgusting i always loved a smoke even though i would never touch a cigarette again, i don't need to now as with the ecig i get the best of both worlds, as i can smoke the ecig without the harmful chemicals found in fags.

There are better kits available than the one in the link, have a look at the totally wicked website they have many other products, i would reccomend the TORNADO.

Cheers.

Being a total amateur to the world of vaping, I was only going off my mate's recommendation.

What constitutes a good kit and a bad kit? What e liquids/s do you use?

Archived