E cigarettes

Confidemus, how much was your e-cig kit?

I'm kind of swithering about going down this route on the basis that a) I'd like to give up but b) If I can smoke in the house, without going outside, I could quite easily go the other way and smoke more and c) maybe I should just deal with the crushing dickhead I become as it all leaves my system and get it over and done with.

Also, ParisHulltoon, how is the skycig kit? £18 seems a deece amount to spend on it.

Using the link in my OP, mine was £30. That's for the one+one kit, plus 10 ml of e liquid. The kit contains two e cigs and a usb charger.

I also got another 30ml of e liquid for another tenner.

My mate, who was a moderate smoker has been on it for a month and has used less than half of the 10ml and the same of the 30ml. Once you've bought the kit, you'll probably spend no more than ten quid a month on e juice. A fairly hefty saving.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its pretty much down to how long the battery thing lasts between charges and how much "smoke" you can get out of them.

Youd be best looking at reviews of them and going with those. The ones readily available in the shops arent wonderful really. Port in a storm I suppose, but the best ones will be dearer and online.

Aye, all the review sites I've found tend to be either: 'This is totally gash', or 'This is no bad, I guess?', and aye, I suppose, get what you pay for and such. I'm not a heavy smoker, with 3-4 a day, generally, so I'm not looking to splash out for the best of the best, just something that'll do the job to replace them and save me some cash as well.

Cheers Confidemus, is there a big difference between the liquid ones and the cartridge ones?

Aye, all the review sites I've found tend to be either: 'This is totally gash', or 'This is no bad, I guess?', and aye, I suppose, get what you pay for and such. I'm not a heavy smoker, with 3-4 a day, generally, so I'm not looking to splash out for the best of the best, just something that'll do the job to replace them and save me some cash as well.

Cheers Confidemus, is there a big difference between the liquid ones and the cartridge ones?

From what I've heard, the cartridge ones are pretty gash.

Two things I've been pleasantly surprised with by my e cig. You get the throat hit when you inhale. You know that dunt at the back of your throat when you take a draw of a fag? That's there with the e cig. Also, the plume of water vapour you exhale is very much like smoke. It looks like smoke and you can even blow smoke rings, should you choose to., So you've got the throat hit, your fingers are holding something, you have a plume of odourless water vapor that looks like smoke and the nicotine. Only thing you're missing is the smell and the toxins and carcinogens.

I can't recommend it enough, tbf. The mob I use, ukecigstore.com have loads of different flavours, or just plain tobacco ones, if that's your bag.

Give it a whirl, man.

ETA: Delivery is pretty speedy an all. If you order before midday, you'll get it the next working day.

I have been using these for nearly 3 weeks now. I have had two cigarettes when I was pissed up at the weekend and my battery had ran out on my e-fag, but overall i'm pleased with the way it's going.

It seems to have saved me a fortune already - I paid £35 for the kit and got a couple of bottles of the liquid included in that which i'm just about running out of now. I'd spend about £40 a week on fags so the £35 over the three weeks is good, and I think it'll only cost about £5 a week when buying the refills from now on.

Bit pissed off at myself for smoking those two fags, but 2 in the last 3 weeks is an improvement on 300 or however many i'd have got through.

Having only browsed the first page til people started arguing - I agree with whoever said you look like a fool smoking one of them - I feel like a fool smoking one of them!

I'd maybe think about buying a second battery as well because when I had that first real snout, it tasted pretty amazing and that second quickly followed. I managed to regain some composure after that but if i'd have bought a packet rather than given a girl a couple of quid for the two, I probably would be just on the real fags now.

ThisGraeme...

2 days in and I'm really glad I've bought one. Not had any urges for a real fag, but not been to the pub yet. My only concern so far is working out how much I'm smoking it. Obviously with a CIG, it burns down so you know when to chuck it. I expect when i have to change the cartridge I'll have a clearer picture.

As a general consensus, everyone at my work who is using either the cigs or the oils has had positive things to say.

Or..as has already been mentioned before....don't smoke or "vape" :lol: at all and save even more, into the bargain you won't look like a complete dosser.

Your previous arguement on the subject was shot down like the bag of shite it was. Quite why, then, you appear to be pressing on with your anti e cig crusade is beyond me....

Or..as has already been mentioned before....don't smoke or "vape" :lol: at all and save even more, into the bargain you won't look like a complete dosser.

I've never thought anyone looks like a "dosser" using the e-cig, i remember when mobile phones first came on the scene and people did look like pure dossers using them back then look how times have changed almost everyone uses them now, in fact was it not claimed that mobiles were also bad for your health, i have no idea if that was true or even if it is still claimed, have you ever used a mobile phone?

If anyone wants to use e-cigs to try and stop smoking or if they just like vaping good for them.

Good luck to anybody stopping smoking. It's clearly a difficult thing to do and if E-cigs are healthier alternatives that help with that then looking like a bit of a tosser is a decent price to pay.

I've never taken it up myself but I'd rather have a pub full of smoke than one full of people being smug as f**k about not smoking.

Your previous arguement on the subject was shot down like the bag of shite it was. Quite why, then, you appear to be pressing on with your anti e cig crusade is beyond me....

He's a c**t.

What people freely chose to spend their own money on is no concern of yours.

Some would say that YOU waste your money on fermented excess farm produce so that you can bump into people, talk a lot of shit loudly, and be sick. Drink also causes cancer and various other serious health problems. But nobody is going around like a tremdous thundercunt claiming you look like a glaiket heap of fucking shit and thinking their vice is better than your vice.

Some would say that YOU waste your money on fermented excess farm produce so that you can bump into people, talk a lot of shit loudly, and be sick. Drink also causes cancer and various other serious health problems. But nobody is going around like a tremdous thundercunt claiming you look like a glaiket heap of fucking shit and thinking their vice is better than your vice.

Greenie not only for the valid point, but for use of the word "thundercunt".

Sterling work.

He's a c**t.

:lol: My sentiments entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you getting on with the e-cigs Confidemus?

They have been on the news this morning due to kids taking them to school,they are also banned in some countries as well as some work places in Britain,there also appears a bit of controversy about exactly what is in them.

I don't drink.

How are you getting on with the e-cigs Confidemus?

They have been on the news this morning due to kids taking them to school,they are also banned in some countries as well as some work places in Britain,there also appears a bit of controversy about exactly what is in them.

Thanks for asking mate. I've not touched a (real) cigarette in almost a fortnight. I'm delighted.

I actually feel fitter already and have started to notice the smell on other smokers. Today I'm vaping (aye that's right Romeo, I said vaping) apple & grape breeze e liquid. It's great.

I don't miss fags at all.

As for what's in them, this page, http://www.ukecigstore.com/beginners-guide, is a pretty good pointer.

Archived