Reasons to be Cheerful

11 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Saturday night Scottish football highlights.

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

I suspect the City of Dundee may not agree with your sentiment

Mass importation of sofas today so that fans of both clubs have something to hide behind, apparently.

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have just been told by the DVLA that after my collapse I have my driving licence back. 

Was there any conditions/criteria for getting it back? There's a guy at my work going through a bit of a palaver at the moment trying to get his driving license re-instated following a health issue.

In truth it is a  nightmare,it all depends on what was the reason for the revoke. 
They are very strict.

His licence was revoked after taking a fit/seizure they believed was possibly epilepsy. However it seems to have been a one-off brought on my god knows what, but he's been about a year now with no further issues, off medication for months, given the ok by doctors and generally seems very fit and well. No idea what the issue is.

31 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

His licence was revoked after taking a fit/seizure they believed was possibly epilepsy. However it seems to have been a one-off brought on my god knows what, but he's been about a year now with no further issues, off medication for months, given the ok by doctors and generally seems very fit and well. No idea what the issue is.

He can now reapply then and needs to get a D1 form from the post office  and also download the FEP1 form from the dvla website,it takes a while though and they will also wrote to the gp/hospital with a FEP2 form.

Edited by keithgy

Was there any conditions/criteria for getting it back? There's a guy at my work going through a bit of a palaver at the moment trying to get his driving license re-instated following a health issue.

My grandad had to wait 6 years to get his back after suffering one blackout at work. He's basically a cripple these days so I have absolutely no idea what they judge it on or why he got it back.

New telly day.  Got my old one in 2010 so its pretty out of date.  Loving this.  

What you get? I wouldn't buy anything other than Sony now. Love them. Currently have a slim as f**k Sony Bravia 48" with a tiny trim round the outside.

Thinking of upgrading to a 4K for the livingroom and putting my current tv into my games room. I haven't seen a 4K tv 'in action' so not sure just how good they are.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What you get? I wouldn't buy anything other than Sony now. Love them. Currently have a slim as f**k Sony Bravia 48" with a tiny trim round the outside.

Thinking of upgrading to a 4K for the livingroom and putting my current tv into my games room. I haven't seen a 4K tv 'in action' so not sure just how good they are.

I got a Sharp Aquos "43.  It's pretty slim with not much of a trim.  The picture quality and sound compared to what I had is pretty unreal.