Reasons to be Cheerful

32 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Everyone you meet always asks if you have a career, are married or own a house as if life was some kind of grocery list. But nobody ever asks if you are happy.

R U OK hon? xoxo

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Everyone you meet always asks if you have a career, are married or own a house as if life was some kind of grocery list. But nobody ever asks if you are happy.

People ask bairnardo that all the time, but it’s just because they mistake him for one of his six friends.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

We want to be happy but we won’t be happy,

till we make you happy too.

Guest Moomintroll

I have a career, i am married and I own my house. To be honest, apart from my wife, I am mostly happy because Sir Steve Clarke. If my wife was my gf/fiancee instead it would have no bearing on my happiness vs SODs new found ability to bang them in from 25 yards.

The fact that LiveScore now have an “add to favourites” button for different leagues which adds them to the top of the list, so you no longer have to scroll through 20 or so different leagues to get the Scottish games.

They’ve probably had this for ages and I’ve not noticed till now :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Amazon Echo.

Not for the first time and probably not for the last,

I made the mistake of showing interest in my sister's Echo; just being polite. 

Got one for Christmas. 

Never gets used as it's sooo limited. Will be in a cupboard by March

What do you like about it, what am I missing?

5 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I made the mistake of showing interest in my sister's Echo; just being polite. 

Got one for Christmas. 

Never gets used as it's sooo limited. Will be in a cupboard by March

What do you like about it, what am I missing?

Subscribe to Amazon Music (£4 a month, hardly a fortune) and listen to anything you want just by telling it.

Also incredible sound quality for its size.

ETA you can specify tracks, artists, or just ask for genres or say “play 70’s music” or “jazz” and half way through ask what the population of Equador is!

Edited by Granny Danger

Subscribe to Amazon Music (£4 a month, hardly a fortune) and listen to anything you want just by telling it.
Also incredible sound quality for its size.
ETA you can specify tracks, artists, or just ask for genres or say “play 70’s music” or “jazz” and half way through ask what the population of Equador is!

It’s all about the novelty though. Alexa is just a set of speakers connected to the internet with voice recognition. It’s not really that amazing.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It’s all about the novelty though. Alexa is just a set of speakers connected to the internet with voice recognition. It’s not really that amazing.

I never said it was “amazing”.

You are correct in that all it’s doing is utilising existing technology, but it does it incredibly well and has an excellent sound output.

If that’s what makes it very good then so be it.  Doesn’t detract from my point.

I never said it was “amazing”.
You are correct in that all it’s doing is utilising existing technology, but it does it incredibly well and has an excellent sound output.
If that’s what makes it very good then so be it.  Doesn’t detract from my point.

I know you didn’t but the reaction to it overall is way over the top. The thing is probably spying on you as well.

The Amazon speakers are good if you listen to music a lot. I got my Gf one last year because she’s always playing Spotify off her phone whilst getting ready to go out. So she really likes the ability to change a song whilst she’s doing something. I like asking it stupid questions, but would never buy one for myself because I wouldn’t use it. I’d rather have the football on or talksport for a laugh, etc.

If the persons right, they’re good, as with anything I suspect Tbh.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

I know you didn’t but the reaction to it overall is way over the top. The thing is probably spying on you as well.

Says the guy sitting in a blue tshirt and boxers that are overdue a wash.