Reasons to be Cheerful

You want to try a pint of staropramen.

I had a pint of it once and it was howfing - although I think the pipes were needing cleaned or something because it was genuinely so disgusting I refused to believe it was the beer itself. I'd had it from a bottle before and it was lovely. Edited by ScottR96

Don't get a pint of it from Christies in Perth, worst pint of it i've ever had.

That's my mate Billy's pub...............the beer is usually really good in there. might have been the pipes.......he'd have swapped it if you took it back to the bar.

I had a pint of it once and it was howfing - although I think the pipes were needing cleaned or something because it was genuinely so disgusting I refused to believe it was the beer itself. I'd had it from a bottle before and it was lovely.

Probably was the pipes. give it another go mate....try the likes of peroni too.

ETA - I quite liked that Glasgow lager St Mungo's.

Edited by sjc

Whilst I'm a real ale/micro brewery fan, I don't get the snobbishness behind the generic beers/lagers on tap. The only beer I've genuinely never been able to stomach on tap was Miller. Carling, Tennents, Fosters etc... typically taste the same to me when ice cold.

I had to fill my car up last night...petrol $1.97 a gallon!

So about 35p a litre, my heart bleeds.

P.S. Whoops, thought this was the PTTGOYN thread. Sorry.

Edited by welshbairn

Probably was the pipes. give it another go mate....try the likes of peroni too.

ETA - I quite liked that Glasgow lager St Mungo's.

A pint of Peroni never lives up to the price tag IMO. St Mungo's is indeed a nice pint - gets you pished anol. Win win.

A pint of Peroni never lives up to the price tag IMO. St Mungo's is indeed a nice pint - gets you pished anol. Win win.

I'll second that. It's good, but not for the £4+ it always is. Best stuff I had on tap was a pint of Ceasar Augustus in The Red Squirrell, got bought it by accident and really enjoyed it. Then again I'm a bit of a fan boy for that particular bewery.

Whatever pint of of lager most locals drink is the best one to choose in most pubs, especially if you don't know if the pipes get cleaned regularly, so Tennents should usually be fresh in Scotland. The 4% ish ones are all pretty tasteless anyway. If a pub is recommended for its real ale they usually look after all the pipes more regularly so it's worth trying out the tastier ones. As well as the Czech ones I quite like the Black Isle Organic Blonde. Though I usually go for a Tennents after to wash it down.

Does anyone actually enjoy pints of stella?

I had a mild hangover a couple of weeks back from drinking one (one) bottle of 330ml Stella in the evening watching MOTD.