Reasons to be Cheerful

Off on a long weekend on the Caledonian canal with some old friends. Got work to let me work down in the area where we meet up tomorrow, near the boat, so a wee drive through some stunning scenery, interspaced with mild bits of work, then three days and nights of mindless debauchery. Life is good.

I did that last year......loved it. Amazing place :)

Did you do it on a narrowboat? Heard that could be a bit tricky if the weather gets rough. Here's our boat:

Posted Image

No mate....hired a similar cruiser from Caley Cruisers....they upgraded us as well! :)

Wouldn't fancy taking a narrowboat onto open water like Loch Ness.....3m waves! :o

No mate....hired a similar cruiser from Caley Cruisers....they upgraded us as well! :)

Wouldn't fancy taking a narrowboat onto open water like Loch Ness.....3m waves! :o

We got ours from West Highland Sailing, half way between Fort William and Fort Augustus. Just planning on shuffling up and down between the two. Three nights isn't enough time to do Loch Ness as well, and spend time in pubs etc. Maybe next year!

We got ours from West Highland Sailing, half way between Fort William and Fort Augustus. Just planning on shuffling up and down between the two. Three nights isn't enough time to do Loch Ness as well, and spend time in pubs etc. Maybe next year!

Fort Augustus is lovely.....enjoy mate :)

Don't believe the forecasts for the West Highlands. And there's a Dutch barge with a pub that does food where we pick up the boat, so we might just stay there if the weather's shite. And I know a prostitute in Fort William with a car.

Don't believe the forecasts for the West Highlands. And there's a Dutch barge with a pub that does food where we pick up the boat, so we might just stay there if the weather's shite. And I know a prostitute in Fort William with a car.

vasey_04_400x267.jpg