Reasons to be Cheerful

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Prior to July, you must have been seriously fucked up.

I did exercise like a monster though. Work hard/play hard. Now I've discovered it's possible to sit on the sofa now and again, have a bath without taking two bottles of wine in with me and that going out for lunch can mean just that and doesn't have to end messily about 10 hours later. 

3 months off the booze/partying has paid for a week in the Maldives with the family. 

I’m sure the family will enjoy that, what you getting up to while they’re away?

ETA: well done mate! I’ve went pretty much two weeks without a beer, that’ll change on Sunday but then back on the wagon until November.

I moved into my current house in July last year, and checked what my council tax band was. Was surprised to find it was a C, when every other house on my street is either an A or a B.

Decided to write to them not long after moving in, asking for an explanation as to why this was the case.

Pretty much forgot about it, but got a letter two weeks ago, asking me to go to a hearing in late November to discuss the case.

However, got a chap on the door yesterday from two folk in the team, wanting to measure rooms and floor space.

Got a call back today informing me that my banding is incorrect and is being lowered to an A!

Result.

I moved into my current house in July last year, and checked what my council tax band was. Was surprised to find it was a C, when every other house on my street is either an A or a B.

Decided to write to them not long after moving in, asking for an explanation as to why this was the case.

Pretty much forgot about it, but got a letter two weeks ago, asking me to go to a hearing in late November to discuss the case.

However, got a chap on the door yesterday from two folk in the team, wanting to measure rooms and floor space.

Got a call back today informing me that my banding is incorrect and is being lowered to an A!

Result.

Rebate?

Rebate?

I’ll put it towards this year, needs to get sent to their finance team but I owed some money from last year (long story, now thankfully sorted), so not expecting much, but given my current DD is about £100 each month, this will take it down to just over £60 a month.

Would recommend seeing what you’re paying in comparison to your neighbours and see if there’s a way to get yours lowered, worth a punt!

I’ll put it towards this year, needs to get sent to their finance team but I owed some money from last year (long story, now thankfully sorted), so not expecting much, but given my current DD is about £100 each month, this will take it down to just over £60 a month.

Would recommend seeing what you’re paying in comparison to your neighbours and see if there’s a way to get yours lowered, worth a punt!

f**k that! Falkirk Council have been making a roaring c**t of this area for years, so if I get a c**t round to check, he’ll probably leave telling me I’ve to pay more!

When you see a dog walking along the top of a wall like an adventurous toddler (frequently whilst on it's leash).  Always look so chuffed with themselves and it always smile to my face. :)

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 26/10/2018 at 15:38, Adam said:

Result.

My folks moved into a new house in 1990 and straight away contacted Falkirk council to say they were being overcharged for council tax.

Within a few weeks they got a letter saying they were correct and everyone in the village was owed a rebate.

They were quite popular.

Shortly I’ll be leaving work and then heading for, trust, it’s true, a pint, on my own. In solitude. Peace. Bliss. Not going to my local so I won’t know folk there. Just a random pub, for a pint, myself.
Have a good weekend one and all.