Reasons to be Cheerful

90 minutes of football isn’t going to ruin a weekend of 50p pints.

I wish it fucking was! That said it wouldn’t be the first time and certainly wouldn’t be a surprise, if I didnt bother going to the game. It often ruins an otherwise enjoyable weekend. 

So it will or won’t ruin the weekend...?

I’ve long since cared about the actually football if I’m being honest. It just serves as an inconvenience, especially since the game is in Shkodër, about an hour and a half from Tirana

Know the feeling tbh. It can make the weekend better but if it’s shite it’ll be a shame but a good weekend nonetheless.

13 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Just finished work, home tomorrow for 3 weeks.

Going to Albania on Friday for the weekend, then off to Toronto and New York next week for 11 nights.

Just live like a king in Albania for a fortnight and bump the other plans.

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I’ve long since cared about the actually football if I’m being honest. It just serves as an inconvenience, especially since the game is in Shkodër, about an hour and a half from Tirana

I took the journey from Tirana to Shkodra in 2003 to watch the Dee play in the UEFA Cup. What I remember about the journey is plenty of potholes in the roads and loads of dome shaped 'pill box' bunkers throughout the countryside. 

What I remember about the city is that the women are stunning. 

I took the journey from Tirana to Shkodra in 2003 to watch the Dee play in the UEFA Cup. What I remember about the journey is plenty of potholes in the roads and loads of dome shaped 'pill box' bunkers throughout the countryside. 
What I remember about the city is that the women are stunning. 
The Tirana-Shkoder road was resurfaced and duelled last year and the bunkers are slowly disappearing, the majority are near the borders anyway.

Shkoder is a nicer city than Tirana. Albanians from all over the country are in general agreement that folk from Shkoder are the nicest and those from Tirana are the biggest c***s by far.

Guest Moomintroll

Sitting on a balcony in a hotel in Jamaica listening to the ocean and the crickets, tomorrows PTTGOYN will be fat Americans invading for the Thanksgiving weekend.

13 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
23 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
Sitting on a balcony in a hotel in Jamaica listening to the ocean and the crickets, tomorrows PTTGOYN will be fat Americans invading for the Thanksgiving weekend.

or the crickets keeping you awake

That'll be the day.