Reasons to be Cheerful

I think this is the first time I've posted one of own in here!

Anyway, I'm no longer a speccy b*****d! Tried out contact lens a few years back but just couldn't get them in. Had to flee Specsavers in shame after a good 20 minutes of failing to do it, with the optician visible seething. Tried again a couple of years later with the same results and resigned myself to being a speccy bas until I could afford laser eye surgery. 

On a whim I booked another contact lens appointment for a week ago. At first I had the same issue with being unable to put them in. However the optician this time showed me a different way to do it (puttting it on the white of your eye then moving your eyeball around) and I got it pretty easily. Got a load to take away with me to try out and apart from losing a couple down the sink had no problem putting them in. This morning I signed up for monthlies and am now glasses free!

Still going to save up for laser eye surgery though, bit it's less urgent now.

Anyway, I'm no longer a speccy b*****d! Tried out contact lens a few years back but just couldn't get them in. Had to flee Specsavers in shame after a good 20 minutes of failing to do it, with the optician visible seething. Tried again a couple of years later with the same results and resigned myself to being a speccy bas until I could afford laser eye surgery. 
On a whim I booked another contact lens appointment for a week ago. At first I had the same issue with being unable to put them in. However the optician this time showed me a different way to do it (puttting it on the white of your eye then moving your eyeball around) and I got it pretty easily. Got a load to take away with me to try out and apart from losing a couple down the sink had no problem putting them in. This morning I signed up for monthlies and am now glasses free!

Contact lenses are the business.

43 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Contact lenses are the business.

That they are! Can't believe they never showed me the alternative method before! 

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Allan Walker will be furious

Ha! Although it wasn't me he was retorting to.

Another one! Beavertown do my favourite beers but they're poorly represented in Scotland. I know that the Old Inn in Dunfermline does Gamma Ray on tap and some of their cans (had a couple of pints of Gamma Ray on Christmas Eve) and that Behind The Wall in Falkirk does Neck Oil on tap and some of their cans (had a couple of pints of Neck Oil today).

Duke's Corner in Dundee does a couple of their cans but it's not really worth going in for a can or two.

Sadly it seems that no supermarket in Scotland sells Beavertown cans. I certainly haven't seen it.

However, I was getting some beer for the train at the M&S at Haymarket (easy now!) and got these;

20181229_190553.thumb.jpg.c4eb5a19836f12b808422e73960fe7ca.jpg

Neck Oil is my favourite beer (Old Inn in Dunfermline had it on tap in the summer but changed it) and Gamma Ray is probably second. Beavertown do sensational beers.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Image result for google eyes gif

The "any polis aboot?" version of the Billy Boys, as currently being sung on Scotland's streets.

"Hello! Hello!
We are the Billy Boys!
Hello! Hello!
We're here to make some noise!
We'reubterlaleelalalalala....HELLO! HELLO!"

Bless the wee lambs  :lol: