Club DECE

I'm too old to stand for any position of power so will stand back and let the #newdecebois commence the #decelection.

Willing to advise about times before #poloz and #decebombs to give a #historicalperpecetive, like a Tony Benn type figure if required.

tony-benn-foot_198_2851755k.jpg

Back benchdece.

Dece or Doss?

So, so dece m8E. Becks is a dece guy.

I didn't agree with his backing of Beta Together, but as an all inclusive guy I can respect his right to an opinion and see the man for what he is, which is a top boi.

Totally disagree.

Thoughts on Becks aside, this is a grain whisky. The pictures on their website show it being drunk with ice and the bottle design is overtly fancy.

A fine single malt should be that, a single malt. Obvs companies want to advertise the produce but to show the whisky being drunk with ice is a scandal. Furthermore, whisky bottles are ususally understated, with the labelling classy and regal to reflect the premium product inside. The Haig bottle looks like it was designed to appeal to Grey Goose wankers (I mean real GGW, not people who enjoy it because it's a quality vodka).

Totally disagree.

Thoughts on Becks aside, this is a grain whisky. The pictures on their website show it being drunk with ice and the bottle design is overtly fancy.

A fine single malt should be that, a single malt. Obvs companies want to advertise the produce but to show the whisky being drunk with ice is a scandal. Furthermore, whisky bottles are ususally understated, with the labelling classy and regal to reflect the premium product inside. The Haig bottle looks like it was designed to appeal to Grey Goose wankers (I mean real GGW, not people who enjoy it because it's a quality vodka).

I bow to your superior whisky knowledge.

As a man who enjoys fine beers, #shotsshotsshots and Orange Joob (ironically), all I saw was a decely presented bunch of people being Dece as f**k in a dece location. I thought the fact that they all wear the same exact same clothes to the Highlands, The Pyramids, The Great Wall of China, The Antarctic, The Jungle etc etc to be a bit doss, but other than that it appeared on the face of it to be a qual ad. I see where you're coming from though.

Edited by Guest

Their package and advertising is slick, but I'm afraid it does not sit well with me, a v.v.v knowledgeable whisky connoisseur.

It's designed to appeal to a young demographic who have perhaps never tried whisky. However, as a non single malt, it'd down there with your Bells and Grants of this world.

I've just ordered a bottle of Talisker 57 dgrees north as it's my fave whisky. People often ask two questions

1) Isn't cask strength whisky at 57% a bit strong?

No, the pepperly taste and overall smoothness more than compensates for the high alcohol content. I like to enjoy a dram which provides a real kick, shortly before leaving for daclub

2) It's about £60 a bottle, that's quite expensive!?

I'm Fudge and I can afford it

My girlfriend (9/10 and as it actually turn out, first person I know of to actually make a Dece bomb, some year or so before it was first touted on here) is at the good food show at the SECC and just phoned to say she's bought me some v.v.v Dece whisky

Although no longer able (that should really say willing) to meet 9's in clubs, I sometimes feel like I'm missing out slighly compared to my fellow Dece peers. It;s moments like this that actually remind me I'm v. lucky

The Haig Club stuff retails at about £50 a bottle. I had two of them. I took them both to house parties and just left them there. It tastes pretty shite and they're supposed to get people who don't like whisky into at least trying it, with it supposedly being smooth and inoffensive, or used with a mixer or in cocktails. I drink my fair share of whisky and it almost burned my tongue off and didn't taste particularly pleasant. Would avoid. Club DECE could make a better whisky.

Becks is some boi though.

Oh Hai Guys!

Kinda on the verge of a midlife crisis and was thinking about getting some advice to stay on the side of caution.

Im 35 and if I'm being brutally honest a bit dull. I am married and have three kids but they are all quite young so won't get embarrased by my mid life criss (hopefully).

I am covered in really God awful tatoos from my sailor days so it's not the simple get a tat mid life crisis I want to go.

I though about getting a Joey Essex haircut but my wife says no.

Any ideas?