Shite Local Festivals

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the first Bute Fest last year one of the best wee festivals I have been to. Great music, top notch food, chilli out garden, large camp fire at night, 6 of us got tickets for this year's looking forward to it. Was up In Skye few weeks ago for Sky Live another good wee festival though not as organised as well as Bute Fest.

Went to the first Bute Fest last year one of the best wee festivals I have been to. Great music, top notch food, chilli out garden, large camp fire at night, 6 of us got tickets for this year's looking forward to it. Was up In Skye few weeks ago for Sky Live another good wee festival though not as organised as well as Bute Fest.

I was at Fyne Fest last week (which was fucking tremendous, BTW) and they were dishing out flyers for Bute Fest, it looked right good.  Fyne Fest is an Ale drinkers heaven and a hipsters' food paradise but there's a great feeling about the place and some decent music on too.

I was at Eden Festival on the Thursday night last week too playing Rabbie's Tavern but as we were put on that after I'd booked Fyne Fest I couldn't stay for the whole weekend.  I'll be going to Eden for the full weekend next year, it was a great atmosphere.

I was at Fyne Fest last week (which was fucking tremendous, BTW) and they were dishing out flyers for Bute Fest, it looked right good. Fyne Fest is an Ale drinkers heaven and a hipsters' food paradise but there's a great feeling about the place and some decent music on too.

I was at Eden Festival on the Thursday night last week too playing Rabbie's Tavern but as we were put on that after I'd booked Fyne Fest I couldn't stay for the whole weekend. I'll be going to Eden for the full weekend next year, it was a great atmosphere.

Keep an eye for a band called "silver coast" on the festival circuit this year. Very good live, and they are playing bute fest.

• 1 year later...

Forgot to BUMP this this year.

We're now right in the middle of Shite Local Festival season. Anyone been along to their local Gala Days to cheer on the procession of trucks and flute bands?

• 5 weeks later...

You into garlic?

The Gilroy Garlic Festival in California starts on the 28th July.
Food on sale includes garlic ice cream, garlic cheesecake, garlic jelly, garlic pineapple cake, garlic peanut butter cups, garlic cookies, garlic beer and garlic wine.
There's also Miss Gilroy Garlic Festival pageant.
All in 30°C+ heat.

http://gilroygarlicfestival.com/

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

You into garlic?

Food on sale includes garlic ice cream, garlic cheesecake, garlic jelly, garlic pineapple cake, garlic peanut butter cups, garlic cookies, garlic beer and garlic wine.
All in 30°C+ heat.

I hope that's outdoors and they provide free breath mints to everyone when they leave.  I love garlic but most of the things listed sound pretty gross.  Garlic ice cream?  Garlic beer?  

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

You into garlic?

All in 30°C+ heat.

Garlic? Cheesecake? That's the future.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We're now rapidly approaching Shite Local Festival season.

What local events will you be going to that pander to Orange bands in the guise of community spirit?