Football Manager Handheld

Killiesquirrel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

First season in League One we managed to finish in the play-offs but we unfortunately lost and didn't gain promotion. Season after we won it and absolutely stormed our way through, beating teams 10-0, 9-1 and 7-1 in successive games. Developing a really good young squad and managing to keep players on now which is very pleasing. The only 'has-been' we have is Willian, who came in January there, and he has been absolutely sensational.

Championship will be very tough so I'm just looking to stay up this season and build on it the following one and hopefully we manage to keep the main core of young players we have going on. Won 2/3 league games so far so I reckon we'll do reasonably well. The 3-2 away loss to Sunderland was the first defeat in 25 games.

Thought I lost my career when I restored my phone to factory settings but it's still there!

Managed to finished 13th in the first season which was a cracking achievement I thought. Finished 5th in the second season but lost in the play-offs to eventual play-off winners Leeds. Scored 97 goals which was the second highest, behind winners Birmingham. Hopefully this is the season we win promotion, or I might be looking to leave Plymouth and go somewhere else. Have a very good squad at the moment now though, mainly younger players but a few older guys like Croatian CB Domagoj Vida - who was at Manchester United for most of his career, Luis Muriel and James McCarthey. Might try and get Stevan Jovetic. We're in 2023 now so it's pretty much regens and I can't screenshot any of them. Got three players who are 20 though and are rated five stars, so if I do leave I'm hoping they can come with me.

• 1 month later...

Won promotion eventually getting 100 points and winning the Championship. Got to the semi-final of the Capital One Cup and the quarter-final of the FA Cup which was also a fantastic achievement. First season in the Premiership, so naturally I thought it was going to be an uphill struggle. Sat on top until mid-September which was ridiculous. We've just finished the January transfer window and I'm 4th now. 44 points from 25 games. I'm 7 points behind 3rd place and 6 above 8th but we're doing fantastically well and pushing above our weight. Managed to beat Liverpool 5-1 at home during this time and beat Man City 1-0 away. Lost to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd but we are flying. I didn't want to be relegated, obviously, but I think we can push in for a Europa League space now.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 6th in our first season, reaching the 4th round of the Capital One cup and the semi-final of the FA Cup. Absolutely delighted with my progress thus far and with European qualification we're flying.

Half-way through our second season and we're sitting pretty in 4th. If we can keep this up I'd be delighted. In the semi-final of the Capital One cup and qualified for the knockout stages of the Europa League.

This is already a pretty incredible story, and we have some players who are getting close to the £10M mark, but we have a striker called José Manuel Canadas. Signed three seasons ago from Banfield for £250K, he got 42 goals and 12 assists in 51 games in the Championship. Got 27 goals and 8 assists in 47 games last season. This season, 29 games, and 27 goals. He just won the World Player of the Year accolade and is now valued at £43.5M and that keeps rising. Holy fucking shit.

Deleted FMH14 off my phone to free memory while I wait on FMH15.

Was a shame looking back because I reckon I had unfinished business with Albion Rovers. I'd actually started my career with Hearts and was sacked mid season due to their utter shiteness in that version. I successfully applied for the job of Albion Rovers manager. Looking at the table they were 9th and yet to win a game. I took them to playoffs and the QF of the scottish cup in that first season.

Promotion to League One followed and regretfully, I only played half the season before deleting the game and was knocking on the door of the playoffs again.

Only other successful season I started was with Celtic. No challenge at all, was just looking for a quick fix of success. Won the league 3 years in a row but also managed to win the Europa League beating Man City in the final. Won the UEFA Super Cup the season after too against Barcelona.

Was also appointed Scotland manager during that season. Not long in to the 4th season and I was offered the job of Man City manager. A tempting offer in it's own right, but looking at the table to see they were 15th after 14 games was a real chance for me to prove myself.

Off to the Etihad I went and low and behold, I won the league title that season. Also got to the Champions League final but was beaten by Bayer Munich.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got sacked as manager of Stockport County in the year 2028. Took them from the conference north all the way to 19th in the premier league. Had the file for weeks and played it constantly when bored at work so absolutely gutted that I got sacked without being relegated, was only 5 points from safety. It's quite amusing seeing players such as Raheem Sterling retiring and Hugo Lloris being given the gig at as manager at Man Utd. The regens are a joke 20 finishing 19 heading 20 pace almost unstoppable. Had a young Belgian who was frightening and had him signed for 4 years. Honestly feel like someone has chopped my right arm off.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished that season with Plymouth in 6th place. Same as the previous season but it's a good place to be. The season after we were floating about 12th or so around the November mark and then... I was sacked. What the f**k. After taking them from League Two and into the Europa League, sacked before January because we're not performing above expectations. I was sickened. Chiellini took over as manager and I was unemployed.

For a year and a fucking half. No-one in the Premier League would take a punt on me. I was close to rejoining Ebbsfleet in League Two but thought better of it. Stoke in League One was tempting too but I finally got a gig at a decent side; Bolton Wanderers. Sitting mid table in the Championship at the January Mark, I said to the chairman I'd win them the league and I did just that. Easy as.

Went to the Premier League and said to consolidate and finished 10th. However, there's a glitch in one of the Plymouth players and I need to holiday every game against them or it crashes which is pretty shit so I can't get my revenge. Plymouth finished 9th that season, and the season before that was 6th, so Chiellini's hardly doing a better job. This season they're performing very poorly and in March they're sitting 12th and Chiellini is no longer manager. I was tempted to apply but I can't due to the glitch. f**k them anyway. We're Bolton Wanderers and we're sitting 3rd.

Finished 3rd. If we didn't draw against Everton in the penultimate game of the season we'd have been going into a title-decided with Chelsea at home. So close but not quite. 3rd is fantastic though. Might somehow be able to win it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't read the whole thread but was the 2014 version any better than 2013? I had 2013 on my tablet and it was far too unrealistic. ie too many goals in my matches. At the end of my season with Queens park I finished fourth and had scored and conceded almost double the amount of goals of any other team in the league, scores like 6-3 , 5-2 and 3-3 almost every game. The amount of players I had on 20 plus goals by the seasons end was frightening !!

So after finishing 3rd, we were in the Champions League. Got Juventus, Lyon and Celtic in our group. Tough as shit? Not quite. Lost 2-0 away to Lyon, beat Juventus 3-0 at home, beat Celtic 1-0 at Parkhead and beat Lyon 3-0 at home. Sitting 2nd in the Premier League right now too after skelping Liverpool (1st) 3-1 away and Arsenal 2-1 away, so it's going fantastically well.

I have now been offered the Spurs job, and believe me, I hate Spurs. But, I don't hate the £81M transfer budget they're going to offer me, and I don't know what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived