Football Manager Handheld

Killiesquirrel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone found good bargains to be had? Players seem to go for bigger money now.

i've picked up loads by searching for players worth 0-100k with low wages and signing a lot of dual nationality Argentineans. Most of whom come through for Banfield or Athletico Rafaela. They usually say they're not interested but if you offer them more than their on they usually come.

Just had a tough to take season where i finished 2nd in Prem and got beat in the finals of the League Cup, Scottish Cup and Europa League. I even had the lead 4 times in the Scottish Cup final, drawing 4-4 before losing on pens.

Started a save with Blackburn and into my 5th season and really enjoying it, even if it does seem a bit easy.

Season 1 - lost in play offs

Season 2 - 2nd and promoted

Season 3 - 9th in prem and FA cup winners after dramatic final against Man City which I came from 2 down to win 3-2 in the 122nd minute

Season 4 - Community shield winners, 6th in prem and Europa league winners 2-1 against Sevilla

Season 5 - super cup winners 2-1 against Man Utd and currently 7th in prem after 7 games

Something I've noticed which is easy is signing big players when theyre free agents , even though they're over 30 theyve still been brilliant for me. Off the top of my head the now I have Lahm, Mertesacker, Llorente, Mascherano and RVP and ppreviously I've had Torres, Flamini and Pepe.

Current strongest 11 is (41212). /are players I interchange between the 2 positions regularly.

Tim Krul

Phillip Lahm/Adam Henley

Craig Dawson/Per Mertesacker/Scott Dann

Steven Caulker

Andreas Beck

Javier Mascherano

Morgan Schneiderlin

Thiago Alcantara

Adam Lallana/Josh King/Michu

Robin van Persie/Fernando Llorente

Jordan Rhodes/Paddy Madden

ing I've noticed which is easy is signing big players when theyre free agents , even though they're over 30 theyve still been brilliant for me. Off the top of my head the now I have Lahm, Mertesacker, Llorente, Mascherano and RVP and ppreviously I've had Torres, Flamini and Pepe.

Thats always been a "problem" with the Handheld version of the game, for some reason signing players with expiring contracts is infinitely easier than on the full game. Makes it more enjoyable for sure, but also slightly tarnishes the whole thing. I remember a glitch in the Handheld version of the game in 2008 or 09, in that you could always sign a player with an expiring contract for free in January

Anyone know what I can do to change the "insufficient resources for multiple leagues". Currently playing on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Only downside compared to past versions is the struggle to get players on loan and almost all the transfer market is scottish players...keep recommending Sevco players too and I aint signing them for AFC.

Currently 2nd, 8 pts behind P25 W20 D2 L3. In final of Lge Cup v STRANRAER (they beat Celtic 4-3AET)

Archived