Football Manager Handheld

Killiesquirrel

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after finishing 3rd, we were in the Champions League. Got Juventus, Lyon and Celtic in our group. Tough as shit? Not quite. Lost 2-0 away to Lyon, beat Juventus 3-0 at home, beat Celtic 1-0 at Parkhead and beat Lyon 3-0 at home. Sitting 2nd in the Premier League right now too after skelping Liverpool (1st) 3-1 away and Arsenal 2-1 away, so it's going fantastically well.

I have now been offered the Spurs job, and believe me, I hate Spurs. But, I don't hate the £81M transfer budget they're going to offer me, and I don't know what to do.

Never took the Spurs job and continued on with Bolton. I didn't regret my decision, but for some reason we just stopped working. My main striker is getting older and just isn't as reliable as he used to be. We got out of our Champions League group finishing first though and played HSV in the next round.

January came and gone, managed to sell a few people I didn't need and got in a Serbian RB and a midfielder who I had at Plymouth along with a young African striker (you know the one, plays for Heartland and his stats look unreal, you buy him for a few grand and he turns out shite but it's fine because what's a couple of gs). We were still slumping in the league though and were sitting 8th. The Champions League was what I was looking at now, and lost 2-1 in Germany. Home game was where we'd win it and we had an away goal, but it finished 2-1, and we lost 3-2 AET so it was 4-4 on aggregate but we were still out. On away goals. Fuming. Had to just focus on the league...

Until Manchester United offered me a contract. Jurgen Klopp had just been sacked but I just laughed it off. So I took it. I said that I'd only leave Bolton if it was a seriously bigger team, and Manchester United are one of the greats. Really looking forward to seeing what I can do with them.

Ebbsleet Town, AFC Wimbledon, Plymouth Argyll, Bolton Wanderers, Manchester United. I've actually had a lot of fun with this. I normally hate England.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded this a couple of days ago. Not played any Football Manager games since 2012/13 so was looking forward to getting back into the addiction.

As usual have started at Cowdenbeath who have been challenged to remain in the Championship. With a massive transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £11k I wasn't overly optimistic.

First thing I did was to tie down a couple of my more promising players on long term deals - Lewis Milne (5 year contract) and Lewis Toshney (3 year) were signed to hopefully bring in some much needed transfer funds at some point.

Loan signings was all I could do without a transfer budget - in came Declan McDaid on loan from Partick as well as a striker from Dundee whose name I've forgotten. I managed to sign one player - Marvin Johnson of Motherwell who I managed to get for free. No idea how as he is currently one of the top rated players in the league!

I think I've just hit the 30 league game mark and it's Raith and us fighting it out for 4th spot. Hibs are top just ahead of Rangers and Hearts (The Jambos were bottom after 4 games!) and us Fifers are about 10 points behind.

The season looked like being a dull one until January when Derby County offered £825k for Lewis Milne which I couldn't turn down. Since then I've signed Rory McAllister and a 16 year old winger from Hibs called Cootes. We were sitting 7th at the time miles clear of trouble but nowhere near promotion. McAllister is almost averaging a goal a game and I've high hopes of sneaking 4th.

• 1 month later...

Archived