Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

7 mins in and still not seen any trouble or hatred.

It's ok to be slow, but I'd hope if you watch for a few minutes more you will determine it's a sick, racist and odious organisation, thankfully dying on it's arse in Scotland 

why aren't you out there doing it if it's so important to you?

trolling requires a bit of subtlety and fine judgement to succeed. You're a permanently raging right wing bigot who didn't like the 20th century much, let alone the 21st; about as subtle as the Ballynahinch Loyal Defenders in an origami class.

55 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I've already said that the PC brigade slandered anyone who dared to raise concerns with the pace of change in society by labelling them as some form of "ist". Therefore concerns with issues such as mass immigration etc were never addressed- just dismissed out of hand until people's resentment grew and grew and we found ourselves in the situation we are in now.

Guitarist, anecdotalist, occupational therapist and philanthropist were just some of the '-ist' terms being bandied about in the 2000s. We should've seen how this would lead to America electing someone a bit thicker and more unhinged than George Bush.

What I can gather (if we follow your line of reasoning) is that the people apparently backlashing against the PC brigade are easily offended snowflakes who can't handle being called a name. The irony of it all. 

2 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

No they couldn't handle having their sentiments going unrepresented and unvoiced in politics, media or popular culture.

And look at the sea change in the UK, with UKIP going from zero seats, to 1 seat to zero seats. It's astounding, this backlash stuff.

Edited by The OP

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

No they couldn't handle having their sentiments going unrepresented and unvoiced in politics, media or popular culture.

Exactly how the Nazis got elected, lowest common denominator

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

They got 1 seat for 4 million as a result of our ridiculous voting system, same as the greens got only 1 seat for 1.2 million where the SNP only needed 26,000 votes per seat and the conservatives only 34,000.

UKIP also achieved their sole purpose- the U.K. Will soon be independent of Europe.

There was the huge backlash against PC in Scotland of course, where the SNP won almost every seat on the platform that you should be able to call a Chinese takeaway whatever the hell you like. 

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

They got 1 seat for 4 million as a result of our ridiculous voting system, same as the greens got only 1 seat for 1.2 million where the SNP only needed 26,000 votes per seat and the conservatives only 34,000.

UKIP won their seat with 19,642 votes.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I have already established it was largely driven by the quashing of any objection to mass, unregulated migration. If you can't make a sensible point then don't bother replying.

It's because your points are incredibly asinine I've reverted to mocking to get some enjoyment out of the conversation. Unfortunately now you'll get upset and try to elect the BNP. 

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You think that the 17 million who voted leave are all moronic simpletons like the person who painted that flag?

No, but I think we can be confident that pretty well every racist simpleton voted leave.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Just like every anti English simpleton would have voted Yes. That doesn't make the perceived grievances of the sides of either debate less valid.

A third of SNP voters voted leave. There are simpletons in every party.

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Asinine? Let's hear your explanation for Brexit, Trunk and increasing support for populist parties across Europe.

You have 3 separate and unrelated issues there, only one of which concerns the country in which I live. So, naw. 

Now away and explain Bernie Sanders, the SNP, Jeremy Corbyn and the rise of left-wing parties in Greece and Spain. And explain why extremist politics found increasing support during the Great Depression despite there being no "PC Brigade".

Edited by The OP

Just now, The OP said:

You have 3 separate and unrelated issues there, only one of which concerns the country in which I live. So, naw. 

Now away and explain Bernie Sanders, the SNP, Jeremy Corbyn and the rise of left-wing parties in Greece and Spain. 

And the collapse of the racist vote in France, Holland and probably Germany.

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

The sentiments behind the rise of corbyn, trump, Brexit, sanders, podemos, syrzia and the SNP are all related and a largely rely on rejection of the established order in response to economic crisis.

They are all generally motivated by the acceptance that the existing liberal world order has led to the situation we are in. For corbyn, Syrzia, podemos it's liberal free market economics that need to be defeated. For trump, Brexit, Wilders and le pen its liberal social policy- unregulated migration and metropolitan ideals which are thought to threaten people's sense of identity, belonging etc

All rely upon and capitalise upon legitimate grievances of significant parts of the population and frustration at the lack of economic improvement and the established traditional methods of alleviating these.

Was immigration to America unregulated before Trump?  Must've missed that. I thought he just ranted about an unworkable Muslim ban and a wall. 

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I assume you refer to the front national and Dutch freedom party?

In France a quick Wiki search shows that the share of the vote trebelled in the last ten years and had grown at every election.

In holland the PVV increased their seats in the recent election. So I don't know what I've to explain here?

As you know both parties expected to do much better. Come election day people came to their senses. The rise of racist populism was a temporary blip that the example of Trump has helped to quash, at least in Western Europe.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Some German and American tourists being interviewed there describing it as full of happiness and friendly people.

There's a lot of racists in Germany & America too.

That said, doubt many of the tourists actually have the first clue about what these weapons are marching for.