Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

We're discussing Scots here.

Erm no we weren't. Try again.

You don't get a vote to kick people out a country, otherwise i'm sure the english would have told us to GTF many years ago (thanks to the english media portraying us as benefit scroungers etc...)

Besides, doesn't matter what we think about NI, as it stands while they are part of the UK it's a problem we all have to try and deal with.

It's not kicking people out a country - it's about determining that the majority of people in the British Isles do not wish to financially and politically support the grubby failed statelet. It is not even remotely incumbent upon the UK or any other state to grant citizenship and political affiliation to irredentists, enclaves or other hangers-on.

Erm no we weren't. Try again.

Okay then, and try to imagine me speaking very slowly to help you understand.

cairde na heireann are Scottish based Scots while the original title of the thread is about Orange walks in Glasgow which, I believe, is in Scotland, just up from that flooded midden called Greenock .

Does that help?

The republican one in Belfast crosses a much bigger interface than any Orange one, and chief anti-OO spokesperson Gerry Kelly is involved, hypocrite that he is. I'd be happy for it to go ahead if it didn't have to go down the Crumlin Road and through the lower Oldpark Road, skirting the lower Shankill. It seems to be asking for a response.

There are republican marches here; there was one in Coatbridge a few weeks ago, and cairde na heireann (friends of Ireland, but only one side of Ireland you understand?????) are trying to sh1t stir in Denny where they've held one for the last two years, mostly by bussing GB types in from Glasgow.

I'm not going to pretend I have much of a clue what area is what side , if they are marching needlessly near/ in loyalist areas then that should be stopped. Is there not a road they can march down in the city Centre towards a park or a square where they can do there thing for a few hours a leave? Same for the OO. That's what I really don't understand it's not like anything new is being said, I disagree with banning the marches completely , but they should be told they can have one march , once a year.

I did suspect someone would find some diddly republican marches, but its not really comparable to the OO, you've given 2 examples, in different areas, compared to 57 in one that this thread was started for. There must be close on triple figures in Scotland, and for what? It would make far more sense to have only a few. Bussing in people to boost numbers is used by both sides, to try and look bigger.

The right to show your political beliefs is important, but until the debate changes then it should be restricted to yearly, 1 march per area, preferably on the same day to prevent bussing in.

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on........................

Nah, i'll just get pissed off if I start to get into it, but let's just say I find it more than a touch embarrassing, some of our fans needs to understand supporting Celtic isn't an endorsement of all things Republican / Irish.

If only some of them would take such a interest within Scottish politics

I'm not going to pretend I have much of a clue what area is what side , if they are marching needlessly near/ in loyalist areas then that should be stopped. Is there not a road they can march down in the city Centre towards a park or a square where they can do there thing for a few hours a leave? Same for the OO. That's what I really don't understand it's not like anything new is being said, I disagree with banning the marches completely , but they should be told they can have one march , once a year.

I did suspect someone would find some diddly republican marches, but its not really comparable to the OO, you've given 2 examples, in different areas, compared to 57 in one that this thread was started for. There must be close on triple figures in Scotland, and for what? It would make far more sense to have only a few. Bussing in people to boost numbers is used by both sides, to try and look bigger.

The right to show your political beliefs is important, but until the debate changes then it should be restricted to yearly, 1 march per area, preferably on the same day to prevent bussing in.

The answer to the first paragraph is, sadly, no.

The two republican marches are for this week and it is the time of year when the OO disappear into the background a bit, hopefully, and the rebel marching season begins.

Having marches on the same day would be a nightmare in Belfast - too many oil tankers on both sides.

Okay then, and try to imagine me speaking very slowly to help you understand.

cairde na heireann are Scottish based Scots while the original title of the thread is about Orange walks in Glasgow which, I believe, is in Scotland, just up from that flooded midden called Greenock .

Does that help?

No, you need to go back, read the post I responded to and come back with some form of mewling apology for your waste of bandwidth.

The answer to the first paragraph is, sadly, no.

The two republican marches are for this week and it is the time of year when the OO disappear into the background a bit, hopefully, and the rebel marching season begins.

Having marches on the same day would be a nightmare in Belfast - too many oil tankers on both sides.

Is Belfast different from every other city then? Doesn't have a main area where everyone goes to shop, get pissed etc?

Should have clarified , I mean having all OO/loyalist marches same day, and all republican marches another, meaning it can't be the same people every week marching in different towns.

Doubt we'd be able to police having both sides marching at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

1. I have a job.

2. Everyone in the UK 'pays tax'.

Other than those two major fails, a standard 0/10 whataboutery post from our resident bigot apologists.

I've never apologised for any of this pish, the people rioting are scumbag wankers who have the intelligence of cardboard. That is where your usual garbage fails as none of the regular posters such as AFJ and Jacksgranda apologise for this stuff or make excuses for it, we all think they're arseholes.

When we left Love Street and moved to the new ground they got some utter w**k on a set of bagpipes and the full tartan regalia that Sir Walter Scott had invented as national dress and we took a tray that the groundsman had obviously prepared earlier which had a sod of turf in it with a white dot representing the centre spot.

Then a crowd of us followed the w****r of a piper and his shitty bagpipe screeching down the street to the new ground where the chairman or a lucky dip programme winner then proceeded to put the old centre spot onto the new centre spot.

It was fucking shit. I only went on it because the bloke I go to games with had to be in Paisley early to see some auntie of his that had fallen and broken her hip or something. So I went to the march thing and met him at the game.

The auntie died a few weeks later, probably from a morphine overdose, which is how most old folk snuff it in hospital.

Bed blocking old b*****ds.

:lol: Don't think I've ever cried reading a P&B post before! :lol: